Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Still unclear if Knicks' Carmelo Anthony will need shoulder surgery (Isola)

Still unclear if Knicks' Carmelo Anthony will need shoulder surgery

SAN ANTONIO — Carmelo Anthony is rehabbing his injured left shoulder, and the Knicks have not announced whether the All-Star forward will need surgery.

The Daily News reported last month that Anthony suffered a partially torn labrum late in the regular season. The initial plan was to see if the injury will heal without surgery and re-evaluate it after three weeks.

It’s been 23 days since the original diagnosis, and the fact that Anthony is still receiving treatment could be seen as a positive sign.

Surgery could sideline Anthony, who finished third in the MVP voting, for up to three months. Anthony played the entire postseason — all 12 games — with a damaged shoulder.

EX-KNICKS OF TIME
    It’s been an eventful two weeks for former Knick players and coaches. Besides Patrick Ewing joining Steve Clifford’s staff in Charlotte, Michael Malone, who got his start on Jeff Van Gundy’s staff, was recently hired as Kings head coach and then hired former Knicks player Chris Jent as his assistant.

Former Knicks player Monty Williams and former Knicks assistant coach Tom Thibodeau were both added as coaches for the U.S. national team.
    Source

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Knowing how these things usually go...

Melo will take his damaged shoulder to training camp and then re aggravate it. He'll be forced to have the surgery missing the first half of the season. . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post

Melo will take his damaged shoulder to training camp and then re aggravate it. He'll be forced to have the surgery missing the first half of the season. . . .
    Spot on

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash

Bingo!

vCash
    You typed it before I could. Another training camp down the drain!! If this happens, at least STAT will have a chance to re-assert himself..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash

yep

vCash
    What I'm getting from this is that Melo wants to enjoy his summer and not be hindered by a cast, or impending surgery.

vCash
    I wish he would do it, but let's be honest, no one WANTs to have surgery. But Melo plays horribly injured and I know this is going to flare up in Jan and we are gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    I honestly don't care..not news worthy to me..I wana hear of signings - trades-draft picks....this is the month I hate on PSD..slow... non progressive news..... So what if he needs surgery or not...what ever happens he'll be on the roster in Oct..I just want hear of new things new players...

vCash

Exactly.

I don't know why he wouldn't just get surgery right away. This is going to be an issue next season.

vCash
    knicks pessimists unite!

vCash
    Let's hope he is just resting it for now and is going to start rehab and PT soon. I trust that he is seeking opinions outside the Knicks infamously ineffective training staff and that whatever course of action he takes will be the best choice for his career.

Let's also remember that if Melo does choose to exercise his opt-out clause, it isn't in his best interest to have a below average season marred by nagging injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash

Especially in a year, where we already traded our draft pick. Even if we take a plunge for it, it will go to Denver. This is the worst.

My man Ike got a bad rap