Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which player would you amnesty?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcus Thornton

0 0%
  • John Salmons

2 40.00%
  • Chuck Hayes

0 0%
  • Save the amnesty provision for the future.

3 60.00%
    vCash

Exclamation SACRAMENTO KiNGS AMNESTY

The Sacramento Kings have yet to use their amnesty provision, and with new ownership in town it might be an option heading into the 2013-14 season. I would like to know if you would use the amnesty provision now, or save it for when the Kings have a contract with a minimum base salary of $10million that doesn't work out.

There are a few players on the Kings roster that could be candidates to be amnestied.

1. John Salmons - owed $14.5million over next 2 years, better this past year than '11-'12.
    2. Marcus Thornton - owed $16.6million over next 2 years, demoted from starter, numbers are down.
    3. Chuck Hayes - owed $11.6million over next 2 years, not worth his contract, numbers are terrible.

vCash
    I say amnesty Chuck, try and trade Thornton for a mid to late first to a team like the Thunder who could use his punch off the bench, and keep Salmons as leadership. With DMC, Thompson, Patterson, and hopefull Aldrich, Chuck's PT is hopefully non-existent anyways.
    ]

vCash
    I'm not 100% on this, but I've heard that Salmons and Boogie are the only players eligible to be amnestied because they were under contract when the amnesty clause went into effect. This would make Salmons the only logical candidate. Again, I'm not 100% on that fact.

vCash
    Actually, here it is explained on NBA.com:

"For the first five years of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement, each team will be permitted to waive one of its player contracts that was in effect prior to the 2011-12 season and have 100 percent of the player's salary removed from the team's salary for salary cap and tax purposes."

http://www.nba.com/news/amnesty-tracker-2012/index.html

vCash
    thank you. chuck n MT aren't options. Besides if they were, John Salmons would still be the best choice IMO

vCash
    Oh $h!t, good knowledge! I wasn't aware of that... well, THREAD FAIL... nothing to see here... CLOSE THIS BAD BOY UP!

vCash
    I voted for salmons. Because you guys told me to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Oh $h!t, good knowledge! I wasn't aware of that... well, THREAD FAIL... nothing to see here... CLOSE THIS BAD BOY UP!
    It would matter, Salmons is my A#1 guy anyway.

vCash
    On a related note. John Salmons might have a 2 year contract, but the 2nd season his contract is only guaranteed for 1 million dollars as long as we cut him before 6/3/2014. That means he is basically on the last year of his contract, and he might be worthwhile in a trade as he will be almost the equal to a expiring contract.

Regardless of what happens we will probably have him for only 1 more season.

P.S. I voted save the amnesty provision for the future but you can throw that out the window. Its either use it on Salmons or don't use it at all.. Since its not my money I say amnesty Salmons.
    Last edited by Plague; 06-12-2013 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    On a related note. John Salmons might have a 2 year contract, but the 2nd season his contract is only guaranteed for 1 million dollars as long as we cut him before 6/3/2014. That means he is basically on the last year of his contract, and he might be worthwhile in a trade as he will be almost the equal to a expiring contract.

Regardless of what happens we will probably have him for only 1 more season.

P.S. I voted save the amnesty provision for the future but you can throw that out the window. Its either use it on Salmons or don't use it at all.. Since its not my money I say amnesty Salmons.
    Ok, I had no idea about his contract. If I would have known that I would not have selected him. In fact, I don't feel (now) that we should amnesty anyone then. Good post Plague!

vCash
    These are all two year contracts.. Honestly not too bad and provides a lot of expirings down the line

vCash
    There's no reason to use the amnesty provision! We only need to use it if we wanted to add players up to the salary cap. Using it means that we pay the player their entire salary to stop playing for us. Why would we do that?!?