Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tarvaris Jackson released.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-buffalo-bills

QBs on the roster now currently include Kevin Kolb, E.J. Manuel, and Jeff Tuel. Aaron Corp, whom I actually really liked, signed with Miami if you haven't already heard.

This means a great deal to our 1st round selection. He'll be battling Kolb and Kolb alone for the starting job. No piss paddling around with bandaids or retreads anymore. If Manuel learns the playbook and shows the team he's capable of playing from day one, he will. If not, he'll sit behind a professional who knows that his role is to prepare E.J. to take over.

This is exciting guys. E.J. Manuel was my favorite QB in the draft. On the official Buffalo Bills message board, one that I don't recommend, I went as far as to say that he could be the best QB taken in this draft. Obviously the Bills thought so too. I take one look at him and I see Steve McNair. E.J. is bigger, but he's that kind of an athlete. He's going to extend plays. He's going to frustrate teams with his feet. And he's going to hurt you in the pocket with his arm. He wins games. He's got one of the elite route runners in football in Stevie, and the he's got another professional route runner coming in Robert Woods. He's got one of the elite backs in the league to hand the ball to. This offense is going to move the ball.

I'm excited for the first time in a very long time. I'm not expecting playoffs this season, but I am expecting a team that says, "Hey, we're not those Buffalo Bills anymore."

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I'd love to know why the Bills traded for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcre View Post
    I'd love to know why the Bills traded for him.
    Because most of Buddy Nix's decisions made **** all sense.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    To put imaginary pressure on fitz. That being said, tjax is the type of QB that gailey has always been able to milk pretty well.

vCash
    Woke up today with a text that E.J. Manuel has officially signed. I'm really excited about this kid. Reminds me a lot of Steve McNair. Tennessee was able to reach a Super Bowl with McNair, a great running game, and a pretty strong defense. Prior to that season, the Titans were stuck at a .500 or below record for several years going back to their days as the Oilers. Some parallels between the two teams.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    The last remaining thread.

vCash
    Sigh