Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pablo Sandoval to DL, Nick Noonan Recalled

Not official, just pending Noonan's arrival in Pittsburgh. Why not do this yesterday?

@CSNBaggs: Noonan traveling to PIT, will be added to roster if he arrives in time, Giants say. Sandoval expected to go on DL but nothing official yet.
    @AlexPavlovic: Giants officially put Pablo Sandoval on the D.L. with left foot strain. Fourth time in three years he has missed time.
    Last edited by Leandres_sf; 06-11-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Why not do this yesterday?
    They were probably hoping that his foot would miraculously feel fine or something, just like they've been doing for the past 2 weeks.

Seems bizarre to send Noonan down, only to almost immediately call him back up.

Sandoval has a hairline fracture... I guess his feet are made with hamate bones.
    De'Aaron Fox | Buddy Hield | Bogdan Bogdanovic | Skal Labissiere

“When you put Peyton and Big Ben together, you get Andrew Luck. He has the cerebralness of Peyton and the grit of Ben. ” - Bruce Arians on Andrew Luck

Fantastic. Now we can replace him a crappy hitter since we have a ****** bench.

Giants say Sandoval does not have hairline fracture at present. Sometimes bone scans can show previous injuries. He is on DL w/foot strain.
    So at least there's that.

It's remarkable how misinformed ownership (baer) the media (baggs) and training staff can be. Not sure what to believe. All i know is I think it's time to trade Fat-blo after this year.

“When you put Peyton and Big Ben together, you get Andrew Luck. He has the cerebralness of Peyton and the grit of Ben. ” - Bruce Arians on Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Sandoval has a hairline fracture... I guess his feet are made with hamate bones.
    lol nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    This had me laughing pretty hard hahaha. *que fat talk*

Another area of need. Great!

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

I really wish we could see what a full season of Pablo would look like...

It also sounds like Scutaro may miss some time. He fears he's got tendon damage on his pinky finger. ****!

@CSNBaggs: Marco Scutaro doesn't have a fracture. But that's where the good news ends for the Giants' second baseman. Story: http://t.co/s0DyoNYMbB

Quick, sign Bill Hall!

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Quick, sign Bill Hall!
    He was a good Giant.

#FreeTheriot

@StuhlbargCSN: Pablo Sandoval strolls into #SFGiants locker room. "I did good." He's eligible to be activated for #Dodgers series. #MLB
    With SJ he went: 4/6, 2HR, 2RBI in 2 games. I'm guessing this is the end of Noonan's stint.