Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Thoughts on Zambrano versus sticking with Cloyd and Pettibone?

Hi guys, 16 yr year phillies fan here. I am curious about your thoughts on the big z or whatever. He played during my time for sure and I have a ton of respect for the guy. I dont care that everyone is diverse. I have players I like more in character then others, but I personally believe that what the phillies could really use right now is something uplifting. I think they should go to a six man rotation and let thhose three fight for the fightin phils. it makes sense, we are old and beat up. We have some youth and some vitality. We need to play to our strengths and give these old guys pain killers and injections or whatever it takes-(lol)-we need a another title to go out strong. We almost had a dynasty, but instead we did half of what the braves did as they won the division over 10 yrs in a row b4 the phils got on top. ? is, how do we integrate the older guys with the younger guys to make the best team that is motivated like the 08 team. First off Ryan Howard jipped us for 70+ Home Runs the last three years because he had his issues from surg, which happens and is understandable. But al together we have had it rough, but where is the management when we need a spark? Last year we were at the same point. We were dimished, aged and tired with injury and still playing 500 ball. How do we rattle off 15 of 21 of our next games as wins? Guy lets face it, it's management and their reactions. I think maybe theyre all still stuck in the past and hoping we can turn it around and theyre defin cashing in on whatever is left of the utley howard rollins jerseys and fans etc... b4 going young. successful teams and management structures find a healthy integration. We're not doing this. Lets bring in the Big Z and see what he can do. He is a fire ball and it's likely that he will want to try and ignite a passive dugout? Then we let the 2 yungings fight and it keeps them and big Z fighting to be the best and that means winning games. As a long time phillie fan, watching them be awesome, such and awesome again, I can tell you that I think times are going to be tough with the way its going again, but Im hopeful that management can pull this one off/ Lets go with the six man rotation for 3 or 4 weeks and see how that works. Im willing to bet that we see a big difference if we adjust the batting line slightly. What do you all think?

vCash
    Nice to hear from you. May I offer a bit of constructive criticism before responding? It's best to break up your post into small chunks, it doesn't even matter if it's legitimately a separate paragraph.

For example, this is part of the same thought as the last paragraph, but I broke it up so as to make the post more readable.

As for your post, Zambrano and Cloyd are similar pitchers at the end of the day. Both serve as an effective 6th starter and little more. As such two options make sense. They can option Cloyd and activate Zambrano or they can cut Zambrano. Both scenarios are mostly a list of cons.

It's a bad idea to use a 6 man rotation since it would take starts away from Lee, Hamels, and (erp) Kendrick.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    thanks. i should have known better. 223 college credits and i still cant write as well as i should. I take u are a staff writter cuz ur good with grammar and all that. I appreciate your response. I was thinking the same thing but u put it nicely.

i love the phillies man. its actually been 17 yrs. grew up watching them as im 30 now. i think we all want to see the phillies a dominant force again and unless we do something soon, it's not going to happen. If utley and howard cant pull off 150 games we need to send them to the american league where they can just hit and get back some young talent. I love those guys and want them around but theyre likely done running the bases like they once did and just hiting would help them and we need young men will upside.

I know were talking 6 man rotation so i will just say ur right. I do want to see Zambrano because i think WE as phillies fans want to see if the guy can ignite us. We need to bring him in and put someone in the bullpen. i want to see the young guys continue to succeed and the phillies make some moves to get us back into contention. the Braves fell out for a yr or two. I mean, they were right back there with young dudes playing for a wild card. We have another ryan howard in domonic brown (so it seems, but a lot is still yet to be seen), but we can always try and build a good offense and defense through our system and trades.

Are there any trades you would like to see done? As a phillies fan and very knowledgable person, do you hear of anything that makes sense?

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Nice to hear from you. May I offer a bit of constructive criticism before responding? It's best to break up your post into small chunks, it doesn't even matter if it's legitimately a separate paragraph.

For example, this is part of the same thought as the last paragraph, but I broke it up so as to make the post more readable.
    if you get schooled by A Team, youre getting schooled by the best my friend.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Yup I wrote several articles on games about 2 years ago, and A-Team gave me tip on how to make readeable.

On Topic: Vamos Carlos Vamos!!!

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    biglee53 sup with that white girl. shes fine lol. big booty beauty

vCash
    I forgot signatures existed

vCash

shes actually a latina, but close.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash

Cool ;)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    shes actually a latina, but close.

like whoa

love the latins

work hard play hard big booty bichez

go phillies. we need some latin cheersleezers to get us motivated.

vCash
    She is a famous brazilian girl I think.

- I love Ray Lewis.

vCash

yea i think your right. also, this thread got waaaay off topic.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLee53 View Post
    yea i think your right. also, this thread got waaaay off topic.
    Unfortunately it's more interesting than talking about the Phillies.

vCash

on topic id send down Pettibone, for Zambrano, send Cloyd down whenever Lannan is ready.
    Last edited by BigLee53; 06-19-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

vCash
    Cloyd has been solid

- I love Ray Lewis.

vCash

World War Z threw 7 scoreless on tuesday, 6 ks.

he'll make one more start (Sunday) before the club makes a decision. though hes 3-0 in AAA, his fastball is roughly, mid-80s which kind of scares me.

Phillies Redskins Flyers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast