Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

*Kevin Green voice* It. Is. Time. (To rebuild)

First off I've been a long-time reader of this forum so I'm excited to finally be a member of the site. Now to my point. No matter what FA you throw out there, (Smith, Millsap, Ellis, Reddick, ect) it all will lead to the same result: 7-10 seeds and losing opening series' in 5 games. It's time to rebuild with coach Drew and hopefully we can be contenders by the time we get a new arena. (IF we do) Here is my dream off-season/draft/roster:

Assuming he declines his option, let Ellis walk. Amnesty Gooden. Pass on re-signing Dunleavy, Dalembert, and Reddick. Sign-and-trade Jennings in a 3-way trade involving the Bucks, the Knicks, and the Magic. The Bucks would get the 2nd overall pick from the Magic and the Knicks 2nd Rd Pick. The Knicks would get Brandon Jennings and the Magic would get Iman Shumpert. Then trade Ersan and Mbah a Moute to the Wizards for Ariza and the 3rd overall pick. Draft Porter and Burke back-to-back. Draft SG Tony Snell at #15. Resign Daniels to a 1-year, $2 million deal. Sign Devin Harris to a 2-year, $12 million deal. Sign Korver to a 1-year, $3 million deal.(better shooter than Dunleavy) Resign Prybillia for depth. Here would be our roster then:

1. Burke
    2. Snell
    3. Porter
    4. Hensen
    5. Sanders
    BN Udoh
    BN Ariza
    BN Harris
    BN Korver
    BN Daniels
    BN Ish Smith
    BN Ayon
    BN 2nd Rd Pick
    BN 2nd Rd Pick
    BN Pryzbillia

I'd only touch Reddick if he came ultra-cheap.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammers; 06-10-2013 at 06:51 AM.

vCash
    Welcome to the Bucks forums Hammer! Magic would have to pick our selection. Cause we cant do a sign and trade on draft night of Jennings.

vCash
    Thanks Miller! And thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even think about that while typing the post.

vCash
    I would imagine the Magic would laugh at that trade.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Only reason I suggest it would be that Iman Shumpert is better than anybody at the #2 pick right now. Not to mention he's pretty much the same age as any rookie as well. But even I got to admit that Shumpert is not worth the #2 pick, but I heard if the Rockets trade Osik to clear cap for a run at Dwight Howard the Magic could be interested. If both trades go down, they could have a decent starting 5 right away. Thanks for reading my post though! I appreciate it.

vCash
    I think Rockets would keep Asik. Remember Howard was at his best with a decent back up center behind him as in Gortat. Rockets can get Howard just by salary dumping Thomas Robinson.

vCash
    Rockets mentioned they were gonna go hard after both CP3 and Howard. Its like 1a and 1b. Who ever signs first is in. But if they get CP3 first. I could see them trading Lin and Asik for Howard.

vCash
    Welcome Hammers! Doubt any of this happens. Herb Kohl said no to rebuilding. So we will bring back Ellis or Jennings. Probably go after Smith. Probably Devin Harris. Maybe Kyle Korver. So it will be a intersting offseason to say the least.

vCash
    It almost sounded like we were interested in a rebuild when we had the Ersan rumor pop up for #3. But then the lame #15 to Bobcats rumor popped up which we assume we get a vet back according to Sam Amick.

vCash
    If it's a vet its likely Henderson, Byombo, or Kemba...I wouldn't consider that going away from a rebuild. All are still young and could build for the future.