Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cary Williams? Punk or Good Guy?

I gotta go with punk on this one... I mean if I am a teammate and my butt is out there doing everything I can to help this team get to the next level, especially with an entirely new concept coming in, then I am going to be upset with anyone else who does not give everything they have to the team. And I don't care about his family... He chose football. If you want to spend more time with your kids and wife... choose a career that helps that not takes away from it. Become a nurse and work 3 days a week. I don't care! he gets paid alot of money... ALOT OF MONEY... we fans pay alot of money... ALOT OF MONEY... to see a good product on the field. Doesn't the average fan, and teammates I might add, deserve his commitment?

vCash
    I could honestly care less. Very much a media drive story. Guy is getting **** fr being honest. Plenty of Eagles missed voluntary OTA's...he just didn't give a bs excuse. As long as he performs on the field I don't care.

vCash
    Like Donnie said, this story is media-driven and just stupid. A man skips a few voluntary work-outs to attend his daughter's dance recital(?) and people accuse him of being a punk? Unless you know the guy, I believe you should reserve your judgement. Not many football players are eloquent speakers so you could be a little more forgiving for his blunt statements. At the end of the day, a satisfied employee performs greater than a dissatisfied employee (for the most part). Two days (or w/e it was) of voluntary OTA's months before the season starts aren't going to make much of a difference.

vCash
    Honestly, who cares?

It's not like him missing a couple of OTA practices will suddenly ruin this teams playoff chances. If he doesn't want to show up for non-mandatory practices that's his right because they aren't mandatory.

vCash
    They should have made all offseason workouts manditory if they wanted him there everyday

vCash
    He skipped going to the White House with the Ravens to be at our mini camp, albeit mandatory. That says a ton, a guy skipping a once in a lifetime chance, to do some drills without pads that mean very little at this point. He had that bad boy mentality coming from last year (Starting a fight with Maclin, other WR's). Honestly, I like it.

vCash
    Meh.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Meh.
    Thank you for your contribution BDawk

I think he a good guy the dude human and has a life just like us. Players barely have time for anything else between mandatory mini camp and SB which is like Summer to February.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    He's a good guy. I understand he's a pro & he should be at football but family always comes first!

vCash
    Meh
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Started from the bottom (30-42, June 1st)
    Now we're here! (92-70, End of Season)
    National League Division Series Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    Meh
    I already said that.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    As long as the dude balls on Sundays you won't hear me calling him a punk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I gotta go with punk on this one... I mean if I am a teammate and my butt is out there doing everything I can to help this team get to the next level, especially with an entirely new concept coming in, then I am going to be upset with anyone else who does not give everything they have to the team. And I don't care about his family... He chose football. If you want to spend more time with your kids and wife... choose a career that helps that not takes away from it. Become a nurse and work 3 days a week. I don't care! he gets paid alot of money... ALOT OF MONEY... we fans pay alot of money... ALOT OF MONEY... to see a good product on the field. Doesn't the average fan, and teammates I might add, deserve his commitment?
    He is a good guy for the most part this story is a media driven story

"The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made".
    - Tim Duncan

*EAGLES (0-0)* SPURS (2-1) * PHILLIES (31-35)*

vCash
    I don't know if I'd call him either but I will call him stupid. Honesty, while respectful, in certain circumstances isn't the best choice. Saying he doesn't care about fans etc. is just plain stupid. We pay their salaries indirectly so he really should care. I would never tell my boss or CEO that I don't care about them, even if I didnt.

Secondly, many guys miss I'm sure, for BS reasons but you have to evaluate work ethic and drive... New team, new coach and he's missing team building/learning days for what? Dance Recital, Dentist appointments and New home decoration selections. Two of the three can EASILY be re-scheduled.

Like I said, I'm just gonna call him a dumb ****.

vCash
    Id rather have a guy who misses practices and plays good on the field than a dedicated guy who attends all voluntary practices and gets beat on the field. Ya know, Nnamdi Asomugha and DRC attended all voluntary practices last year. Yay for good guys!!

PHILLIES 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
    NORTH CAROLINA 2009 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast