Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2013 Offseason Thread

Trades, signings, coaching changes, wild ideas/theories, anything offseason, lets hear it all in here.

vCash
    lets start with a summary.

FA:
    Jarome Iginla
    Brenden Morrow
    Matt Cook
    Pascal Dupuis
    Craig Adams
    Doug Murray
    Mark Eaton

RFA:
    Tyler Kennedy
    Dustin Jeffry
    Robert Bortuzzo

Under Contract:
    Sidney Crosby
    Evgeni Malkin
    James Neal
    Chris Kunitz
    Jussi Jokinen
    Brandon Sutter
    Tanner Glass
    Beau Bennett
    Joe Vitale
    Paul Martin
    Brooks Orpik
    Kris Letang
    Matt Niskanen
    Simone Despres
    Derek Englend
    Marc-Andre Fleury
    Tomas Vokoun

56.6M cap space used already.

This team is probably going to be looking very different, as the projected cap is 64.3M

Signings are going to depend on IF Bylsma remains coach over the next few days.

You have to think a Deal for Malkin, Letang, & Orpik will take priority, with letangs salary expected to balloon from 3.5M to closer to 5M. Next will probably have to be Dupuis, whos salary will probably also double from 1.5M to close to 3M.

I think there is hope Iginla could return for 2 years at 2-2.5M, similar to Guerin. Murray would be a welcome keep, although unlikely.

Cook is replaceable. Morrow is likely gone. Adams will return for a slight bump from 675K.

There will definately be no room for a F/A splash, unless someone heavy is traded, like Letang or Fleury.

I think we have a lot of questions going into this off-season, and no real answers. Next year will probably be a down year compared to this year.

vCash
    I think someone is going to make a big offer to Dupuis

I am hoping our top two lines look like this next year

Bennett - Crosby - Iggy
    Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

I would also like to see us keep Murray.

vCash
    I did have a crazy idea, so please don't scold me for it, but what if we traded Malkin and Fleury and let Jokinen move up to the 2nd line. We could look for a good Defender in return for the Fleury trade. Possibly trading Fleury to Toronto for a package. Also we know Shero works his magic by sending marginal talent and prospects for great talent. Think what he could get us for one of the best players. I have been hearing rumors Letang wants top money somewhere in the 7-10million per year range as it stands. I believe this is the year Shero explores trading Malkin or Letang pending on who wants a bigger raise, and who he feels the team could play without.

vCash
    Leafs fan here, and i come in peace.

Any way we could get Paul Martin from you guys? I know you need to shift some $$$ out to get Malkin and Letang resigned next year.

Leafs need a guy who can play top-2 like minutes (25+ mins) and i've always like his game. Is he a piece you guys could see moved in favour of keeping Letang, Fluery, and Malkin?

I personally would offer up two deals:

Liles and a 2nd round pick for Martin (this one gets you less cap space though)

or

our 1st round pick (20-ish overall) for Martin and Vokoun (so you guys get a full $7 million off the books)
    Leaf fans at the start of every new season...

We've been through tough times, man.

vCash
    Vokoun was brought in for a reason (uncertainty about MAF) and that uncertainty still exists. I think after this playoffs Vokoun just became an even more important piece even at his age.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    My bad. I would be willing to swap him out for any piece really (this is just about Martin for me), just thought i'd take a shot with Vokoun as well.

But is Martin even a guy you guys think would be moved? What would his value be?

FWIW i like Fluery as a goalie. I don't think it's panic time with him imo, but i don't watch him every game so maybe i'm missing something with him.

vCash
    How do you not think its panic time with fleury for what he has done for the past 4 years in the playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    How do you not think its panic time with fleury for what he has done for the past 4 years in the playoffs?
    He has too much talent to give up on imo. It's just his confidence is low right now but i think he will snap out of it. Obviously you guys watch him more so you know his game better than I do. Also I know you guys are always expected to make it to the finals so you can't wait for him to finally snap out of it but i personally wouldn't cut bait with him yet.

vCash
    Trade Letang
    Maybe trade Fuery

For everything letang does well he does 3 things wrong. I'm sick of it.

Fluery 5 mill way to much for his playoff play.

Last thing if we trade Malkin I will kill Shero. Malkin was one of 4 players who tried this series.he will take 8.7 mill and is worth it for that.

Lines next year with letang and fluery gone and choice between dupuis and Iginla. This is without the replacements for letang and fleury so we should get back a bottom 4 defense man and or winger

Bennett-Crosby-Iginla/Dupuis
    Neal-Malkin-Kunitz
    Cooke-Sutter-Morrow
    Glass-Jokinen-Vitale

Martin-Despres
    Orpik-Niskinin
    Murray-Bortuzzo/Engeland

Vokoun
    Theissan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    My bad. I would be willing to swap him out for any piece really (this is just about Martin for me), just thought i'd take a shot with Vokoun as well.

But is Martin even a guy you guys think would be moved? What would his value be?

FWIW i like Fluery as a goalie. I don't think it's panic time with him imo, but i don't watch him every game so maybe i'm missing something with him.
    Take letang

vCash
    You would be right if we didn't have crosby and malkin...there is too much talent on this team to only be let down year after year by fleury...you saw what vokun did for us, that would have been good enough too win a championship had we played better against boston...I'm not saying vokun is the long term answer but it sure isn't fleury

vCash
    trade letang depending on two things: the package offered in return and what he wants for a contract.

I would trade any one on roster for right offer, obviously, the offer for some players would have to be a total robbery of other team.

This team is in need of a major change of atmosphere and a major shake up some where . That performance was sickening to the worst possible point.

How these changes are brought about is up to Mario and Shero though.

I have been a fan of Danny boys but its time to go. I think we need a new system and the point needs to get to the players that was unacceptable result.

A coach that is in control of all players and has a system of players being forced to take responsibility for there actions and play is needed.

As for who comes back and who is let go I am not totally sure about who should stay or go yet. This depends on players asking price and willingness to accept whatever role new coach sets in place for them.

I think Sid and Geno need to mature a bit as leaders of this team. The display they both but on after Marchand took that cheap shot at Neal was bad. They are offensive leaders not fighters or talkers, we have players for that. we need them on the pp and ice not getting stupid penalties like fighting. This is two years in a row now that players have gotten into are teams head and completely thrown are guys games out of whack. Responsibility for this falls on are captains and coaches to get are guys back under control and playing are game.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    I read somewhere than Malkin could command 15 million tax free from the KHL. Now I mainly dismiss it but if true should we consider that as any kind of threat?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    You would be right if we didn't have crosby and malkin...there is too much talent on this team to only be let down year after year by fleury...you saw what vokun did for us, that would have been good enough too win a championship had we played better against boston...I'm not saying vokun is the long term answer but it sure isn't fleury

Yea i tried to say that in my other post. There's a big difference for a Leaf fan and a Pen Fan. You guys are expected to be in the Finals year after year which adds more weight to what Fluery does (or doesn't do). Leafs fans can afford to wait a few years because we suck lol.

I honestly wouldn't mind Fluery on my Leafs team, but even with his struggles i'd assume he is out of our price range (trade value-wise)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast