Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official Off-Season Thread II

Discuss trades & FA targets here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Discuss trades & FA targets here
    Realistic Dream off season:

Resign Smith (we gain nothing by letting this "chucker" walk)
    Resign Prigoni and Martin (copeland will be too expensive)
    Trade Camby and white (retiring contract and unguaranteed deal) for Big Baby Davis.
    Draft Mitchell
    Buy second pick and draft a PG (Canaan, Wolters)
    Free agency add Mosgov or Dalembert

PG: Felton, Prigs, Canaan
    SG: Shump, Smith
    SF: Melo, Mitchell, Novak
    PF: Davis, Amare, Martin
    C: Chandler, Mosgov/Dalembert

vCash
    And please with the crazy CP3 ideas, be real. This team is def better than the one we won 54 games with.

Davis would be key, sliding amare into a reserve role

If amare is out I'm ok with Davis and Martin roaming the paint

vCash
    i think if we take withey in the first, big baby coming here won't be a sold out thing. of course, it would be nice, but withey playing along side chandler is a defensive coach's dream come true.

my opinion? i think we need to focus on trying to get crabbe or hardaway jr. a PG would be realistic so we can groom him and hope this team isn't just a revolving door with PGs in and out ever 3 years. even drafting one of those guys and getting jarrett jack would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hovyboo View Post
    Realistic Dream off season:

Resign Smith (we gain nothing by letting this "chucker" walk)
    Resign Prigoni and Martin (copeland will be too expensive)
    Trade Camby and white (retiring contract and unguaranteed deal) for Big Baby Davis.
    Draft Mitchell
    Buy second pick and draft a PG (Canaan, Wolters)
    Free agency add Mosgov or Dalembert

PG: Felton, Prigs, Canaan
    SG: Shump, Smith
    SF: Melo, Mitchell, Novak
    PF: Davis, Amare, Martin
    C: Chandler, Mosgov/Dalembert
    I like the way you think. On the draft side, Mitchell would be a great fit. Buying a second rounder, would have to be a early second rounder, not sure this is possible. But I would love Wolters or Canaan. The fact that we are trying a guy out like Canaan, I believe means we are sincerely looking at buying a second pick.

If we could pull off a trade for Big Baby - I think this would be nice, but having Mitchell via draft and Camby (hopefully more healthy) - we probably could do without.

Not sure if we are able to attract Dalembert, given we have to sign Martin and Prigs. Having Mitchell and Big Baby might be enough in the big category if we resign Martin.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    I like the way you think. On the draft side, Mitchell would be a great fit. Buying a second rounder, would have to be a early second rounder, not sure this is possible. But I would love Wolters or Canaan. The fact that we are trying a guy out like Canaan, I believe means we are sincerely looking at buying a second pick.

If we could pull off a trade for Big Baby - I think this would be nice, but having Mitchell via draft and Camby (hopefully more healthy) - we probably could do without.

Not sure if we are able to attract Dalembert, given we have to sign Martin and Prigs. Having Mitchell and Big Baby might be enough in the big category if we resign Martin.
    I have Mitchell pegged as a SF, I think we have to add 2 bigs (or 1 big and a healthy camby)
    Amare just isn't reliable enough.

Mitchell playing 10 15 mins behind Melo is ok
    Mitchell playing 20-25 as a PF since amare is out is a recipe for disaster.

vCash
    An upgrade at PG would help tremendously. Felton (5.5 ast) should be the backup... but he's the starter.
    Not sure that we can spend that much money on the PG position. Remember Felton is still a great deal, not the best but I doubt we can afford a better starting PG.

We really have to look at just improving the PG position, thats why I think buying a second pick and selecting a player like Canaan is really how we do it. Solidify our depth at PG. Draft a young talented PG, that needs a little development, and play him situationally (when we need his skill set or when Prigs really doesn't match up well) or for injury protection.

We're really light in the frontcourt given our injury situation with Amare. That's where we need to spend any available money. We really have no clear 4 if we're not playing Melo. Amare and Kenyon are our only depth in the frontcourt. You can't feel comfortable with that. Plus we don't really have a true 3, besides Melo.

This is part of the reason we don't have the versatility to match up well in the playoffs. That was even against a depleted Celtic team.

We have to fix that before the PG position.
    Last edited by Backstabber; 06-07-2013 at 07:01 PM.

My man Ike got a bad rap

6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    Not sure that we can spend that much money on the PG position. Remember Felton is still a great deal, not the best but I doubt we can afford a better starting PG.

We really have to look at just improving the PG position, thats why I think buying a second pick and selecting a player like Canaan is really how we do it. Solidify our depth at PG. Draft a young talented PG, that needs a little development, and play him situationally (when we need his skill set or when Prigs really doesn't match up well) or for injury protection.

We're really light in the frontcourt given our injury situation with Amare. That's where we need to spend any available money. We really have no clear 4 if we're not playing Melo. Amare and Kenyon are our only depth in the frontcourt. You can't feel comfortable with that. Plus we don't really have a true 3, besides Melo.

This is part of the reason we don't have the versatility to match up well in the playoffs. That was even against a depleted Celtic team.

We have to fix that before the PG position.
    Then expect a lot of Melo bringing the ball up the court as a point forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    Then expect a lot of Melo bringing the ball up the court as a point forward.
    Felton, Prigs, rookie PF should be enough

vCash
    Knicks Off Season Scenario

Resign Swish-Prigs-KMart-Cope

Trade Camby+White+Novak for a High 2nd late 1st...

Draft: Deing at 24...
    Draft: Glen Rice JR. with the 2nd pick

FA signings Billiups (once a knick always a knick) Josh Selby (Melo's gets his wish) Dejuan Blair (gets a fresh start) and T. Mosgov

15 Man Roster
    PG Felton, Billups, Prigs
    SG Shump, JR, Selby
    SF Melo, Cope, Rice JR
    PF Blair, STAT, KMart
    C Chandler, Deing, Mosgov

Mad Match Up Possibilities...

vCash
    i been begging for selby all year. We need to move heaven and earth for cp3 every1 goes expect melo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    i been begging for selby all year. We need to move heaven and earth for cp3 every1 goes expect melo
    Ditto@Shelby.....I've been wanting him since he was cut...also give Jajuan Johnson's agent a call.....along with Hobson...at least for an invite. Might be able to get some nice cheap talent

vCash
    Acquire a 2nd round pick. Get rid of Camby, Novak, White

Draft Mitchell and Canaan
    Resign KMart, Copeland, Prigioni, JR
    Sign Mozgov, Pietrus

Felton/Canaan/Prigioni
    Shumpert/JR/Qrich
    Melo/Copeland/Pietrus
    Amare/KMart/Mitchell
    Chandler/Mozgov/Barron

Im still holding out hope for CP3 and I wish they had 2 1st rounders to get Bullock also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    Yes lets keep going backwards to move forward...

sign me up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Knick View Post
    Knicks Off Season Scenario

Resign Swish-Prigs-KMart-Cope

Trade Camby+White+Novak for a High 2nd late 1st...

Draft: Deing at 24...
    Draft: Glen Rice JR. with the 2nd pick

FA signings Billiups (once a knick always a knick) Josh Selby (Melo's gets his wish) Dejuan Blair (gets a fresh start) and T. Mosgov

15 Man Roster
    PG Felton, Billups, Prigs
    SG Shump, JR, Selby
    SF Melo, Cope, Rice JR
    PF Blair, STAT, KMart
    C Chandler, Deing, Mosgov

Mad Match Up Possibilities...
    Mosgov is restricted and all we can offer is $3m, DEN would match that without a doubt.

Billups isn't coming back here and the last thing we need is another 40 year old that will play 20-40 games only.

Blair I like though and that's actually realistic, he's not in SA's plans and we might be able to get him at the vet min.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast