Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Not going to 'take any crap'...

"The one thing the players will like about Cavanaugh is that he doesn't take any crap. He's going to be acerbic, and he will sometimes out-tough Cutler. I thought that was a good match (Cavanaugh and Cutler), somebody who can go head-to-head with Jay. I like that hire for this offense. Guys who have been with Cavanaugh will tell you that he's a good teacher of the position. The fact that he's tough and not going to take any nonsense is a good thing too."

In his article, Moon mentions the situation that Cutler had with Mike Tice last season where Cutler walked away from Tice, twice, during the October game versus the Dallas Cowboys. It was enough for Lovie Smith to have a private 'talking-to', Mullin says, and that if Cutler pulls that under the new regime, 'he should probably just keep walking.'
    http://www.windycitygridiron.com/201...-marc-trestman

There's a new sheriff in town, and he's not named "JordanRules"!

vCash
    I wonder how this season's drama turns out...JC walks and JRussell becomes the starter next season?? Or JC walks and Emery drafts a replacement?? Or JC balls out and becomes an "Elite Type" QB??

vCash
    stay tuned to find out...

vCash
    My money is on things working out between Jay and the Bears. He certainly has faults of his own, including maturity, but I'm confident he'll have a fine season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I somewhat agree. I think his bad attitude will cease as soon as the sacks cease… or at least significantly decrease

vCash
    I thought last season JC handled himself pretty well. Would I have handled the Tice situation differently? Maybe. But do I really hold it against Cutler that he essentially called out his (crappy) coach on national tv? Not really. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler could've called better plays himself.

What Cutler did to Tice surely did not demonstrate ideal "leadership" qualities, but blaming Cutty for his competitive, in-your-face attitude is blaming him for what makes him great (at times).

Put Cutler in a stable, intelligent environment and he will thrive. Put him next to individuals who are committed to telling it as they see it, and Cutty will fit right in. With Lovie and co. there was way too much politics, with the new coaching staff it's hard for me to envision a Cutty meltdown.

As long as there is a back and forth dialogue between coaching and Cutty, I'm not too worried. I'm pretty sure their goal is one in the same.

vCash
    So people wanted cutler to just sit back and not do anything about ****** play calling?

vCash
    I think Cutty will do well with the new coaching staff. But.... I am not the new sheriff in town???? We need to talk about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    So people wanted cutler to just sit back and not do anything about ****** play calling?
    I'll defend Cutler 'till the end (which hopefully isn't the end of this season), but the fact that he's had public outbursts at Martz and Tice, while also throwing Turner under the bus in the past speaks to him not being able to be the bigger or better person. I agree, Tice drew up an offense with a box of crayons and Martz was bound to get Jay killed, but there's still better ways of handling it then mini ***** fits on the sidelines, that's all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    I'll defend Cutler 'till the end (which hopefully isn't the end of this season), but the fact that he's had public outbursts at Martz and Tice, while also throwing Turner under the bus in the past speaks to him not being able to be the bigger or better person. I agree, Tice drew up an offense with a box of crayons and Martz was bound to get Jay killed, but there's still better ways of handling it then mini ***** fits on the sidelines, that's all.
    I dont know how long I could keep my cool with some of the **** he's put up with is all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    I dont know how long I could keep my cool with some of the **** he's put up with is all.
    Exactly!

vCash
    You guys are broken. You never do anything publically like JC did PERIOD!!! Its called being a professional and a leader

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles DeMar View Post
    You guys are broken. You never do anything publically like JC did PERIOD!!! Its called being a professional and a leader
    So you've never lost your temper? I've seen multiple qbs yelling at people on the sideline who don't take half the hits jay does. I've seen Rodgers push cameras away and yell at wrs for the wrong route.

vCash
    If anything I actually enjoy Jay's personality. At least he is true to who he is. So many of the QBs are vanilla personality stiffs. They just act the way the media wants them to. He doesn't care about the media or what they think, he just wants to win football games.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    JC went too far, and what he did was wrong from a "team" standpoint, but I don't blame him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast