Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 for 2014

vCash

Top 5 for 2014

We all know that the organization is waiting for the summer of 2014. If we do not sign Dwight this summer we will have a little over $50 million. If we sign Dwight we will have little over $30 million. With that in mind who would your guys top 5 be to pursue in F/A. Her is mine:

1) Paul George
    2) Kyrie Irving or John Wall
    3) Klay Thompson
    4) Derrick Favors or Kenneth Faried
    5) Resign Kobe & Pau

For Paul George, if he really wants to succeed he will need a bigger market. Would love to have Kyrie & Klay for our future.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

vCash
    i say if we can get kyrie and klay plus resign kobe at much lower deal of course id be happy with that to start. Point gaurds run this league and Kyrie is just getting started and hes gonna be big. Klay is a great player and can be underrrated at times. but still has a high ceiling
    WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE ARE THE NBA! And since we root for the only team who can say that they are the epitome of EXCELLENCE..... shouldn't the fans who support the franchise be considered in the same light? Let's act like the way the MambaArmy should act..... So lets stop whining, Start Tanking, Stop complaining, Start Tanking and Start cheering, Start Tanking, Start supporting, Start Tanking, Start enjoying what it means to be a Lakers Fan!
    oh i forgot to mention
    START TANKING!

vCash
    I would definitely love to have any of those guys. But the sad thing is, It wont happen because all of them will be restricted free agents and there current teams will just match any offer.

vCash
    The only free agent that i have a feeling that we have a chance to sign is Paul George. Im Glad we're talking about 2014, cause that is only the really off-season that we all know this FO cares about.

vCash
    Unfortunately we would have to make offers that no team would match...Which means overpaying, Therefore leaving no room to sign our own free agents or anybody else for that matter. And that's the problem with restricted free agency. Any reasonable offer will be matched. And if we want to give $30+ to a guy like Paul George or Kyrie Irving then i'm sure they would say take him. Of course leaving you with them and no one else. Now don't get me wrong I love both players but neither are worth that much. And it would put us back in the tax hell we just got out of.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 06-06-2013 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Most of the guys on the free agent list are in small markets. Sterns whole plan to help the small market teams is about to blow up in his face as some teams will not be able to afford their players. We will be able to add 3 max players next season, if Dwight is one of them then we can only add two. Along with roll players, we also hold the bird rights to of ou f/a. I'm thinking of when Kobe does retire, Klay & Kyrie paired with Dwight would be a good combo for years to come.

vCash
    Kyrie
    Kobe
    George
    ??
    Dwight

This team would be pretty darn good!

vCash
    All these guys are restricted and are on teams that will match any offer... wishful thinking... i think 2014 has a lotta hype around it. nothing major will happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Ocho View Post
    All these guys are restricted and are on teams that will match any offer... wishful thinking... i think 2014 has a lotta hype around it. nothing major will happen
    This

its an extremely overrated class. Sure there are some great players but they are all restricted and there is zero chance any of them don't receive the max from their team.

vCash
    I would say LBJ would be my number one choice.
    The Beginning of a Dynasty

vCash
    Keep trade threats in the particular one!
    The future?

vCash
    Irving and Thompson have a team option in 2014, will most likely be exercised

If Dwight re-signs then expect both Kobe and Pau to re-sign for cheap and then the Lakers will go after either George, Melo, or LeBron

Im guessing both Kobe and Pau re-sign for 3 yrs

Nash(1 yr left)
    Kobe(3 yrs left)
    George/Melo/LeBron(5 yrs left)
    Pau(3 yrs left)
    Dwight(5 yrs left)

the Lakers would have another big summer in 2017

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    If Dwight doesn't re-sign then would the Lakers look at trying to acquire DeMarcus Cousins?

Is it out of reach for the Lakers?
    Last edited by ThunderousDemon; 06-07-2013 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    How is Kyrie not a RFA in '14?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parr4 View Post
    We all know that the organization is waiting for the summer of 2014. If we do not sign Dwight this summer we will have a little over $50 million. If we sign Dwight we will have little over $30 million. With that in mind who would your guys top 5 be to pursue in F/A. Her is mine:

1) Paul George
    2) Kyrie Irving or John Wall
    3) Klay Thompson
    4) Derrick Favors or Kenneth Faried
    5) Resign Kobe & Pau

For Paul George, if he really wants to succeed he will need a bigger market. Would love to have Kyrie & Klay for our future.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents
    With regard to that site; everyone on your list with a Q or T next to their name will most likely not be available. So, option 5 is the only realistic one.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast