Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Some questions about Gallo's surgery

I read that Gallo was supposed to have his second knee surgery (acl) this week and he was told he would be out till February. I think he had the first surgery (mcl) in April.

Has anyone heard if he had the second surgery? Any news related to it?

vCash
    First surgery was to repair meniscus damage, second is for ACL. Jan/Feb is projected return timeframe. That's all I have heard so far. Second surgery was delayed due to some sort of set back .

vCash
    Read that Gallo is having surgery to repair his ACL tomorrow.

vCash
    cannot believe it took 4 months for him to get his ACL surgery but thankfully the guys in Vail know what they are doing. we need gallo back strong and from what we've seen in the league, there are no guarantees he will play next year and if he does, i doubt he's really back until the playoffs. Watching Shumps, it took him a while and you could finally see how comfortable he was getting at the end of the year. We are in with Gallo for the long haul. He is turning 25 in august, i expect he will be quite the shooter when he comes back. In the meantime Wilson is a better 2 way player and a more balanced scorer. We can showcase him as a starter for this year, he should average Gallo + numbers, then we flip him next year for a major piece (a center hopefully)

vCash
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

"Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari could return by December as opposed to February, a league source told The Denver Post.
    Gallinari, who underwent knee surgery at the end of the season, had been projected by the Nuggets to miss half of the 2013-14 season. But Gallo posted a video on his official Facebook page Friday in Italian, and in the video Gallo said his left ACL wasn't torn and his recovery time will be "completely different" than previously reported, according to the Italian journalist Davide Chinellato."

vCash

Gallo doesn't have a torn ACL

Gallo has revealed that he didn't tear his ACL which he learned during his 2nd surgery. This is good news though details are a bit hazy. Still, if he can be back by Dec, Jan we are in good shape.

vCash
    Just saw the video on his Facebook account. His ACL was only partially torn so the recovery time and treatment are "completely different"

Great news!!!

vCash
    Yes, just posted on another thread, his ACL was partially torn, not completely, so the treatment is for the ACL to repair itself (or something of that nature). This is great news.