Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61

Thread: *** TriVia ***

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500

    *** TriVia ***

    No not stuck in the past. It's the off season so why not kick it around?

    This will be for the "serious" fan only, that guy who wants to know it all. Likes to add to his arsenal.

    1. This guy was a legit 9.3 sprinter while at SMU and is still the fastest "white" NFLer ever, who?

    2. What Olympic decathlon gold medalist made an NFL roster? Other than Jim Thorpe.

    3. This team had future Hall of Famers at the QB, RB, WR and TE position all there at the same time. What team?

    4. Give me 10 NFL...Willie's...?

    5. What teams first 1000 yard rusher was from the Ivy League?

    6. What team had...The Tank and The Truck...in their backfield, just not at the same time? Funny thing is they also went to the same school which was?

    7. First 1000 yard receiver out of the HBCU in the NFL?

    8. What college set a WR in the 4x1 relay using three NFLers to be?

    9. Who was the first player to spike the ball? And what other distinction was he known for?

    10. Back in the sudden death days this player said...."we'll kick"...after winning the toss in OT, who?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    7,886
    vCash
    1500
    The only one I think I know without google hacking is Don Hutson (1), but not sure

    Edit: NOAP
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWesty View Post
    The only one I think I know without google hacking is Don Hutson (1), but not sure

    Edit: NOAP
    Hutson was a 9.8 guy while at Alabama. But...for his era he was probably faster than the opposition more so than my 9.3 guy.

    This is about Google, I'm 117 years old I don't expect you guys to get these without some help. Then you'll know this stuff and probably pick up other stuff along the way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bal-Bart
    Posts
    2,833
    vCash
    6000
    Willie Colon
    Willie Parker
    Willie McGinest
    Willie Roaf
    Willie Anderson
    Willie Smith
    Willie Brown
    Willie Davis


    Homer Jones was the first to spike the ball.

    These are all I know, and I could only guess 8 Willie's, so really only one.

    I know #10, I just can't think of it. I could Google it, but I'll try and come back later if I remember who.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Left
    Posts
    12,283
    vCash
    1500
    edit: Read the Q wrong

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    7,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Willie Colon
    Willie Parker
    Willie McGinest
    Willie Roaf
    Willie Anderson
    Willie Smith
    Willie Brown
    Willie Davis


    Homer Jones was the first to spike the ball.

    These are all I know, and I could only guess 8 Willie's, so really only one.

    I know #10, I just can't think of it. I could Google it, but I'll try and come back later if I remember who.
    Willie Jackson & Willie Lanier. <3 teamwork
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Willie Colon
    Willie Parker
    Willie McGinest
    Willie Roaf
    Willie Anderson
    Willie Smith
    Willie Brown
    Willie Davis


    Homer Jones was the first to spike the ball.

    These are all I know, and I could only guess 8 Willie's, so really only one.

    I know #10, I just can't think of it. I could Google it, but I'll try and come back later if I remember who.
    So what else did Homer Jones do that only one other NFLer ever did?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    7,886
    vCash
    1500
    He must have been a Seahawks fan.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,027
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWesty View Post
    He must have been a Seahawks fan.
    Awesome

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWesty View Post
    He must have been a Seahawks fan.
    Respect the topic, ok? Like I would one of yours. It's about class.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bal-Bart
    Posts
    2,833
    vCash
    6000
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWesty View Post
    Willie Jackson & Willie Lanier. <3 teamwork


    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    So what else did Homer Jones do that only one other NFLer ever did?

    I honestly didn't even see that part of #9. I can't tell you. That means I didn't know any


    Nice idea of a thread though

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    1500
    #2 is Bob Hayes. Only player to win an Olympic Gold Medal and a Super Bowl ring.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 Romo fan View Post
    #2 is Bob Hayes. Only player to win an Olympic Gold Medal and a Super Bowl ring.
    Bullet Bob was no decathlete.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    14,633
    vCash
    1500
    10. Back in the sudden death days this player said...."we'll kick"...after winning the toss in OT, who?
    Player?

    Only thing i can think of is when the lions coach did it, Marty i believe... Im sure a Lions player said it but the call came from him IIRC


    Only thing i can come up with for a player is doing it is Abner Haynes
    Last edited by C-Wick925; 06-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.

    Off-season Sucks

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,546
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    No not stuck in the past. It's the off season so why not kick it around?

    This will be for the "serious" fan only, that guy who wants to know it all. Likes to add to his arsenal.

    1. This guy was a legit 9.3 sprinter while at SMU and is still the fastest "white" NFLer ever, who?

    2. What Olympic decathlon gold medalist made an NFL roster? Other than Jim Thorpe.
    James Bausch
    3. This team had future Hall of Famers at the QB, RB, WR and TE position all there at the same time. What team?
    Okay, I think I know this one. The only one I think I know without cheating. Thought WildWesty would have had this one easily.

    Unitas, Berry, Moore, Mackey?



    5. What teams first 1000 yard rusher was from the Ivy League?
    Calvin Hill?
    6. What team had...The Tank and The Truck...in their backfield, just not at the same time? Funny thing is they also went to the same school which was?
    KC
    7. First 1000 yard receiver out of the HBCU in the NFL?
    Otis Taylor?
    8. What college set a WR in the 4x1 relay using three NFLers to be?
    I'm like pretty sure this is wrong but it has 2 I think. Tennessee.
    9. Who was the first player to spike the ball? And what other distinction was he known for?
    This has been answered. No freaking idea on the rest, wiki told me he returned a kick on the first ever ABC MNF.
    10. Back in the sudden death days this player said...."we'll kick"...after winning the toss in OT, who?
    Abner Haynes

    I give up on the SMU one before I lose my mind. Maybe I'll see if I can figure it out later but I doubt it.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •