Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What should the Suns do with Gortat?

Gortat has 1 year left on his contract. IMO, the Suns need to cash in on him soon. They should trade asap for the best offer. Maybe good young players with potential or maybe draft picks in next year's draft. I don't think he even wants to resign with the Suns next summer and even if he does, he's going to cost to get overpaid for a 30+ year old center. We don't need an overpaid aging center on this rebuilding team.

I really hope the Suns don't do what they did with Amare and Nash and watch Gortat leave as FA while getting peanuts in compensation.

The Suns should have traded Gortat last summer when his value was incredibly high cause of playing with Nash but they failed to take advantage of the opportunity but they can't afford to hold back again.

If Houston gets Dwight, the Suns should look to get Asik from the Rockets to replace Gortat imo. If Dragic isn't too old for a rebuilding team, then neither is Asik since their the same age.

Thoughts on Gortat?

vCash
    We need to trade him for picks this off-season. We need to really suck this coming season (yes, more than last season) so getting rid of him now will certainly help. He doesn't want to be on a losing team either. Everyone benefits.

vCash
    We're all for trading him. Keeping him really just makes no sense. Especially when we may have Frye returning. Just too many bigs.
    I'm sure McDonough probably knows that we can't be unwatchable, but we do need to be bad to get a potential star next season. I'm sure he's talked to Sarver about this too.

Develop the youth while still losing games.

vCash
    draft picks should be cheap this year cuz its a weak draft or we could trade him to a decent team that badly needs a center for a 2014 pick. TRADE him NOW.

vCash
    Big men for a big man. Trade Gortet, with Dudley, Scola, Morris ect. for Noel. Charlotte need a big men ho can defanse, rebounding and score 15-18 points per game. We can also trade Gortat to Washington, with Frye or Beasley for Okafor and Noel ( when they draft him), he is a free agent after next season. Minus 14 mln in salary for 2014-15

vCash
    Just like the rumors and quotes that are flying around in other posts, trade him to Portland for the #10. He was unhappy last year, can't think he would be any happier this coming year...

vCash
    I think we will trade him and I think we'll be looking for a draft pick in the #10-20 range in return. We can't really ask for a lot because teams know that we'll get nothing if we keep him. We would have had the best return on him tring him during last season.

Hopefully someone really wants him and will give up some nice assets for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    I think we will trade him and I think we'll be looking for a draft pick in the #10-20 range in return. We can't really ask for a lot because teams know that we'll get nothing if we keep him. We would have had the best return on him tring him during last season.

Hopefully someone really wants him and will give up some nice assets for him.
    Yep, I totally agree. Last year would have been better for moving him, but hindsight is always 20/20, and I think we can all agree that Lance Blanks wasn't the sharpest GM out there for us...

vCash
    Hopefully he isn't a Phoenix Sun after today and is dealt for a 1st rd pick.

vCash

What should the Suns do with Gortat?

Show off his talents make him look as productive as possible hoping he averages 15 10 and 1.5 blks we should be Able to get a good. 2014 pick

Eat Your Heart Out JPHX!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rib323 View Post
    Show off his talents make him look as productive as possible hoping he averages 15 10 and 1.5 blks we should be Able to get a good. 2014 pick
    Totally agree!

vCash
    Someone elsewhere brought up a good point that with what the Knicks dealt too get Bargnani and what the Rockets get for Ask, it should set the standard for what we can get for Gortat.

vCash
    trade him now and get some picks for the stacked draft next year. He is a role player, so I dont know how much we could get back for him