Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

McNabb comments on RGIII...C'MON MAN!

http://www.csnwashington.com/footbal...rt-griffin-iii

What do you guys think of McNabb's comments on RGIII?

vCash
    hes right.

vCash
    its came off weird to me. like McNabb really wants to remain relevant. he should just try and grow his broadcast career and stop thinking that b/c he was here for one year he's the expert on all things Redskins. keep throwing it in the dirt McNabb....i'd be shocked if the Griffin's met with the McNabbs.

vCash
    I honestly don't disagree with McNabb this should be about the team and all you hear is about one player. Then the recovery deal is key you are putting a lot of pressure on RG3 that doesn't need to be there the whole super human thing what if he reinjures it there going to say they pushed him to hard ect or what if plays badly or struggles at the beginning of the year a lot of players do when coming back from that type of surgery.
    Then the Dads comment are in my opinion out of line we traded the farm for this kid and he is paid very well the last thing we need is his dad coaching him or telling our coaches what to do with him I agree with what he said somewhat but I still don't think its his place to say those things in the media because its like beating a dead horse to death we have heard about it since it happened move on!
    I finally feel like the Redskins are building for the future! Some will say we gave up to much I say would you really want 16 games of john Beck enough said!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by opie22580skins View Post
    I honestly don't disagree with McNabb this should be about the team and all you hear is about one player. Then the recovery deal is key you are putting a lot of pressure on RG3 that doesn't need to be there the whole super human thing what if he reinjures it there going to say they pushed him to hard ect or what if plays badly or struggles at the beginning of the year a lot of players do when coming back from that type of surgery.
    Then the Dads comment are in my opinion out of line we traded the farm for this kid and he is paid very well the last thing we need is his dad coaching him or telling our coaches what to do with him I agree with what he said somewhat but I still don't think its his place to say those things in the media because its like beating a dead horse to death we have heard about it since it happened move on!

Sorry but I disagree, thats what happens when you have a superstar on the team, they get all the publicity. It's no different then last year with the Broncos and Peyton Manning. or Peterson for that matter.

Skins, Flyers, Phils and 76ers

vCash
    Also I don't agree a lot of the times what this guy has to say but he is 10000% deadly accurate with this post. It's dan Graziano from ESPN.

I feel like I've been pretty clear on this, but it's in the news again so this seems like a good opportunity to restate some things:

1. I don't care, at all, what Donovan McNabb has to say about Robert Griffin III.

2. I am 1,000 percent confident that Griffin doesn't either, and he shouldn't.

3. I don't see why anyone, anywhere would care what McNabb has to say about Griffin, because the first time we heard him on this topic he was both insanely wrong and clearly biased. McNabb's "First Take" appearance last spring, in which he deployed a nakedly obvious grudge against Mike Shanahan to assert that Griffin would be a poor fit for the Redskins' offense, completely deprived him of any credibility on this topic forever.

And yet, people keep asking him, and he keeps saying things that enlighten us about nothing other than his own jealousy and anger. Such as this:

"It's too much right now; it's just too much," McNabb told the Washington Post from his Arizona home. "I get some of things he's doing to draw attention to himself: the adidas commercials, going out and enjoying the life of a young, famous NFL quarterback. I understand RG has a lot of stuff going on.

"But if you're coming off ACL surgery, you don't need to be having a press conference at OTAs. Every week? Really? It becomes a circus, a sideshow. It takes away from the focus of what those sessions are supposed to be about: the team."

McNabb said the added attention can be "counterproductive."

Whatever, dude. One of the best things about Griffin is the extent to which he's obviously comfortable in his own skin. It's part of what makes him a good, level-headed young man, part of what makes him a great player, part of what makes him a natural leader. He knows who he is and how he wants to live his life, and to this point there has been not one shred of evidence that his focus or his priorities are misplaced, or that anything about him has been a distraction to his teammates. Griffin understands the high level of interest in him and his recovery, and holding a news conference to answer questions every week is a perfectly acceptable way of handling that. The attention Griffin got last year didn't keep the Redskins from winning 10 games and the NFC East, and I sincerely doubt it's keeping anyone from getting good work done during OTAs.

I'm sorry Donovan McNabb isn't a man at peace. He was a great player who had a great career and should feel very good about that. But he's obviously still upset about the way things went for him in Washington, and quite frankly he's taking it out in childish ways with regard to Griffin, who has done nothing to deserve it. I think he should find something else to talk about

He is so right in regards to Mcnabbs always wanting to bash the team where his career went south on. He said last year RG3 would be misused because of the Shannahans and allthe other garbage he put out. He's just a bitter old player trying to stay relavant.

Skins, Flyers, Phils and 76ers

vCash
    We did a little write up on this earlier:

http://sonofwashington.com/2013/06/0...ally-too-much/

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    Who cares what McNabb says. Like Orakpo0826 said, when you have a super star and the QB position on your team hes obviously going to get most of the media attention, and thats ok because RG3 handles it well.

vCash
    It seems like the more trash Mcnabb talks about RGIII or the Redskins the better we do. Keep on hatin'.

vCash
    McNabb just seems dumb as a box of rocks to me. I listen to his radio show sometimes and every time he tries to be funny it fails, the man has no charisma. Whenever the lead personality throws it to commercial he says "espn radio dot com." McNabb says every time after the guy says that "Dot com." Like, is he advertising the word dot com? I think you're supposed to say "espn" you know, to further promote the company, but no mcnutt says "Dot com."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orakpo0826 View Post
    Also I don't agree a lot of the times what this guy has to say but he is 10000% deadly accurate with this post. It's dan Graziano from ESPN.

He is so right in regards to Mcnabbs always wanting to bash the team where his career went south on. He said last year RG3 would be misused because of the Shannahans and allthe other garbage he put out. He's just a bitter old player trying to stay relavant.
    I also feel like Graziano nailed it. McNabb comes off as just bitter and jealous, but that aside, some of his comments are just plain stupid, or at best poorly communicated, like conveying RG3 doing commercials as something he does to "draw attention to himself". He portrays it in a negative way as if it's somehow something selfish when all popular athletes smartly capitalize on their popularity to earn endorsement income. That Mr. Chunky Soup himself is saying it makes it all the dumber. And it seems that, despite it being part of his job to know, he's unaware of the fact that RG3's media availability has been limited by the organization. They're handling it intelligently. Instead of making him available every day, which would possibly cause distractions given his popularity, he has a press conference once a week instead so all of the questions can be answered at at the same time instead of answering the same questions over and over throughout the week.

vCash
    http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/...ticleId=262547

Chunky-Soup-for-Brains just can't seem to keep him mouth shut and stop embarrassing himself talking about RG3. I lose more and more respect for him every time he blathers on about RG3. It doesn't help that he doesn't come off as very intelligent with his comments. I could forgive the poor syntax if the content of what he said were insightful, but it's not. He says stupid things stupidly.

All he's doing is proving right everyone who has criticized him in the past for having an oversized ego. All this amounts to is his ego being bruised by being rebuffed by RG3, who I guess McNabb thinks should jump at the chance to learn from a legend (in his own mind), when he reached out to him. McNabb is too stupid, and his ego too large (and sensitive), for him to see why RG3 might not want to accept advice from a player who clearly had a bad relationship with the current coaching staff, left on bad terms, and is completely bitter about it. McNabb isn't interested in helping RG3. He just needs to feel relevant and important again. If he cared about RG3 and wanted to ensure he maintained a good relationship with his coaches, talking to him would be sure-fire way of creating conflict between them given how McNabb's tenure ended.

vCash
    RGIII needs to learn to shut his mouth just as much as McNabb does. Sick of his selfish attitude. Oh I wanna be out there waaa waaa. That kid isn't going to last three more years if he doesn't get his head on straight.

I'd start buying Cousins jerseys if I were you all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    RGIII needs to learn to shut his mouth just as much as McNabb does. Sick of his selfish attitude. Oh I wanna be out there waaa waaa. That kid isn't going to last three more years if he doesn't get his head on straight.

I'd start buying Cousins jerseys if I were you all.
    Not going to bother putting any effort into commenting on your post. You're quickly approaching troll status.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    Not going to bother putting any effort into commenting on your post. You're quickly approaching troll status.
    You've seen RGIII play just as I have. You should know I'm not trolling. The things he's done, let alone said, has been VERY questionable so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast