Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Anybody have a Derrick Sherrod scoop?

Does anybody have the scoop on Derrick Sherrod? Is he even participating the OTA's? Am I the only one that thinks the RT spot is basically going to come down to Newhouse and Barclay and nobody else really? Or is he going to be full speed ahead come camp time and right there with those two?
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    No news I've heard since mm said he wold be a factor is Barclay still at tackle I was hoping he'd go to guard
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Barclay is 2nd on depth chart at RT, haven't heard if he is going to get tried at G or not.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Barclay is 2nd on depth chart at RT, haven't heard if he is going to get tried at G or not.
    He has been moving all over the line. I believe I read something about Center even.

vCash
    MM said that Sherrod is the farthest away from coming back that the last time I remembered he said.

Meanwhile, coach Mike McCarthy said Bishop was the closest to returning among a group of three players – Bishop, cornerback Davon House (shoulder) and offensive tackle Derek Sherrod (leg) – who are coming off surgeries.

House had surgery to repair a shoulder injury that dates back to that same preseason game against the Chargers, while Sherrod hasn’t played since breaking his leg on Dec. 18, 2011. He underwent a second surgery after the 2012 season ended.

“I’d like to see those guys out there running,” McCarthy said of the threesome. “Time will really answer that. If I was to rank those three as far as who is coming back I would say Bishop, (then) House, and Sherrod is the farthest away.”

Asked about Sherrod's progress, offensive line coach James Campen said he's been participating in individual position work and is making progress.

"Anxious to get him back," Campen said. "He’s champing at the bit. All the signs have shown to be positive. I’m excited to get him back out there."
    http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/...&post_id=22181
    Tag Team Champion for the moment.

vCash
    hopefully he's good to go for the seasont his year, he could be a massiv eboost to a much needed area
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    sherrod would be nice but I was happy with Barclay... I really think he did a decent job

the key is can Bulaga be the stud that we need at LT... as long as that happens I have confidence in our line

vCash
    I don't think we necessarily need him back day 1, but it'd be great to have him be able to compete during camp. Maybe he comes along week by week after that and pushes for the starting job late in the year.

vCash
    I still think Sherrod will be a poor rt anyways

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I still think Sherrod will be a poor rt anyways
    whys that? I know he struggled early but I'd thought he was coming around and starting to get a handle on things before he got hurt. Bulaga wasn't exactly a stud right out of the gate, either but he's getting there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    whys that? I know he struggled early but I'd thought he was coming around and starting to get a handle on things before he got hurt. Bulaga wasn't exactly a stud right out of the gate, either but he's getting there.
    I don't think he has a right tackle mentality. He's too finesse.

Bulaga always was a bit more physical.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    It just is so hard to phantom that if your really good at left tackle that you would completely be awful on the right side.
    ~
    But it does happen as some are more natural at one spot than the other. It just seems really strange watching a player handle speed rushers and complete strength on one end and reversing it and seeing that same player getting blowing out.
    ~
    Is there any cases of this that anyone can think of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardi24 View Post
    It just is so hard to phantom that if your really good at left tackle that you would completely be awful on the right side.
    ~
    But it does happen as some are more natural at one spot than the other. It just seems really strange watching a player handle speed rushers and complete strength on one end and reversing it and seeing that same player getting blowing out.
    ~
    Is there any cases of this that anyone can think of.
    Well Sherrod has a longer build and he's lighter on his feet, which makes him work well towards the speed rusher and not so much against the big burly guys. That said, and I believe MM went on the record with this, in today's game you have to be able to handle the speed rusher from both ends. I don't think the LT/RT positions are so different anymore in today's game. Guess we'll see how it plays out, though.

vCash
    I'm just thinking more and more that Sherrod is going to be another bust that never amounts to anything. It's not an indictment against Thompson since it happens all the time and it's not like he was a top 15 pick or anything, but I'm not expecting much out of Sherrod at all.

vCash
    I wouldn't let Harrell (no not the qb Harrell) cloud your judgment on Sherrod. Everyone thought Neal was going to be a bust but he has been turning it around and showing promise. Dude hasn't even been able to show what he can do yet. I just can't put blame on him cause of a broken leg. I think he will be around at least two more years as long as he can stay healthy and show signs that he can play

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast