Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pablo to return? I hope so.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=251269

Knicks links: Pablo Prigioni tells ESPNNewYork he's open to return, other options

The NBA's All-Rookie teams may not have reflected it, but Pablo Prigioni was among the most effective first-year players in 2012-2013.

The 37-year-old native of Argentina finally made his way to the NBA after years of ranking among the best point guards in Spain. He even found his way into the Knicks' starting lineup by the end of the year, helping to spark to a 13-game winning streak in the process.*
    His overall numbers (3.5 points, 3.0 assists per game) weren't overwhelming, but Prigioni did average an assist in 42.7 percent of his possessions and could have the chance to improve upon that if he decides to stay in the NBA.

That, however, is up in the air.
    "Of course I would like to return, Prigioni told ESPN's Jared Zwerling. "I really enjoyed this year. It was a great experience for me and my family. My first option is to play in NBA, but I'm open to hearing and watching my options. We will see."
    It's difficult for Prigioni to ask his family to stay in the States, particularly when they've split time between Argentina and Spain for so many years, but he does admit he became more comfortable in America as the season wore on.

"It was much better than I could imagine," he said. "The first part of the season I used to learn everything about the league, my teammates, the NBA game, to adjust to the country, improve my English. I still speak terrible [laughs]. Also, to help my family and to discover the way how to play and help the team. And in the second part, I started to feel much better -- my family, too. I had more confidence in my game and we really enjoyed the last part of the season together."

Jason Kidd is supposedly going to return, but he can't defend point guards anymore and frankly doesn't offer as much offensively as Prigioni. If the Knicks want to have depth at the position, it's an essential that they retain Prigioni, who will likely be willing to accept 120 percent of his rookie salary (the most the Knicks can offer him) unless a better deal comes along.

vCash
    Knicks can do better. thanks for the season Pablo but hiccup as far as resigning him.

vCash
    If i'm Pablo i'm going to a team where i'm respected and get steady minutes.. He seems too professional for this group of guys.

vCash
    I believe he will end up in san antonio thanks to his pal Manu

vCash
    Have little to no trust in JKidd and I don't want Shumpert having to play PG. Would definately like to bring Pablo back. His game 6 performance vs. Boston helped us finally get over that first hurdle.

vCash
    Agree with KB we have to bring Pablo back, dont see a more cost effective option

vCash
    No matter what Pablo is good depth. A player that will definitely contribute. But, we're kind of short on flexibility. We need more from the PG position, and an upgrade at this position and/or at the 4 is mandatory this offseason.

I think Cope and Prigs will be a casualty of our needs and inflexibility.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I really don't care for him like you all do... I'd rather get younger & faster but I would love him as a third string because he does have a high IQ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    I really don't care for him like you all do... I'd rather get younger & faster but I would love him as a third string because he does have a high IQ
    I want to get younger and faster too. If Kidd is coming back honestly I don't see us bringing him back. If Kidd retires I think we bring him back in Kidd's role with a younger, quicker combo guard as the backup.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    If i'm Pablo i'm going to a team where i'm respected and get steady minutes.. He seems too professional for this group of guys.
    lol, he was a 35 year old rookie who came in as 3rd string PG, played 15 minutes from day 1 and earned himself a starting gig on a 54 win team. How much more can you respect the guy?

You are mad over one botched game in the playoffs about three different guys you wanted to play. I guess we should just have a 12 man playoff rotation next time.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    lol, he was a 35 year old rookie who came in as 3rd string PG, played 15 minutes from day 1 and earned himself a starting gig on a 54 win team. How much more can you respect the guy?

You are mad over one botched game in the playoffs about three different guys you wanted to play. I guess we should just have a 12 man playoff rotation next time.
    So you agree Woodson botched the game in question?

I guess its good for me, that the guys i wanted to play, performed well when Woody finally took his head out of his ***, and i guess its good for me, that the team performed well once Woody starting playing the guys i wanted to play. I guess i should be fine with that.

vCash
    Maybe I would consider giving dude the minimum, MAYBE.

vCash
    He can be my 3rd string PG anytime

vCash
    josh Selby end of discussion

vCash
    id bring him back, just not as the starting pg. if he's backup i'm cool. we need to get a starting PF who can play effectively next to melo, and i just don't see too many options. oh well, hopefully amare can start next season and is healthy and can play defense and has an improved jumper/low post game. lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast