0 0%
  • Cardinals win game four

1 100.00%
  • Royals sweep

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I-70 Series: Cardinals (32-17) and Royals (21-26)

I just combined the two game series's.

32-17 ||...Cardinals...||...at and vs....||...Royals...|| 21-26

Cardinals Matchups MLB.com

Monday, May 27, 2013 1:10 PM CT

TV: FSN | Radio: KMOX 1120

----
    ........Adam Wainwrightvs. James Shields

72.0.......IP.......73.0
    6-3.......W-L.......2-5
    2.38......ERA.....2.47
    69.........K's.........69
    6........BB's........15
    19........ER........20
    0.97........WHIP........0.96
    3-1, 3.18........Vs. Opp. Team........- - -, -.--
    22.1 IP, 2-1, 1.61........Last 3 starts........23.0 IP, 0-3, 2.35

Wainwright pitched 7 1/3 innings Tuesday, his seventh start of at least seven innings this year. He showcased the changeup he's been working on and he got his delivery back in sync after some troubles in his previous outing.

Shields gave up a two-run homer in the first inning and nothing else over his next six innings Wednesday night in Houston. He struck out seven and walked none, but he took the defeat in a 3-1 loss, once again suffering from a lack of run support.
    Tuesday, May 28, 7:10 PM CT

----
    ........Adam Wainwrightvs. Ervin Santana

7.0.......IP.......63.0
    1-0.......W-L.......3-4
    1.29......ERA.....3.14
    4.........K's.........52
    1........BB's........9
    1........ER........22
    0.71........WHIP........1.08
    - - -, -.--........Vs. Opp. Team........1-0, 4.50
    17.1 IP, 1-0, 4.21 ERA........Last 3 starts........21.0 IP, 0-3, 4.71

Lyons allowed one run over seven innings in his Major League debut last Wednesday. The strong start earned him another as the Cardinals continue to piece together a rotation without Jaime Garcia and Jake Westbrook.

Santana isn't getting much support, an average of just 2.9 runs per start. He pitched pretty well Thursday, although he gave up four homers that produced five runs in a loss to the Angels. He has zero walks for the fourth time in his nine starts

Wednesday, May 29, 7:15 PM CT

----
    ........Lance Lynnvs. Luis Mendoza

61.0.......IP.......41.0
    7-1.......W-L.......1-2
    2.95......ERA.....5.05
    66.........K's.........28
    24........BB's........17
    20........ER........23
    1.10........WHIP........1.46
    0-0, 10.13........Vs. Opp. Team........0-1, 5.23
    18.0 IP, 2-0, 3.50........Last 3 starts........17.0 IP, 1-0, 3.18

Lynn became the third National League starter to win seven games as he pitched six shutout innings on Friday. He threw only 77 pitches, which should have him positioned to carry a heavy workload in his next start.

Mendoza worked around seven hits and four walks in just five innings and gave up only one run on Friday against the Angels. His most effective pitch seemed to be the two-seam fastball, which he relied on heavily during the game.
    Thursday, May 30, 7:15 PM CT

----
    ........Michael Wachavs. Jeremy Guthrie

-.-.......IP.......66.2
    - - -.......W-L.......5-3
    -.--......ERA.....3.92
    -.........K's.........34
    -........BB's........21
    -........ER........29
    -.--........WHIP........1.31
    - - -, -.--........Vs. Opp. Team........0-1, 3.00
    18.0 IP, 1-0, 2.00 ERA (Minors)........Last 3 starts........19.1 IP, 0-3, 7.91

Wacha will be making his Major League debut just a year after the Cardinals made him the No. 19 overall pick in the 2012 First-Year Player Draft. Wacha was 4-0 with a 2.05 ERA at Triple-A Memphis this year.

Despite a strong start, Guthrie struggled again Saturday vs. the Angels, his second loss to the team in as many weeks and third straight loss overall. He carried a no-no into the sixth but gave up five hits and seven runs, two of which were homers.
    Pittsburgh	31	19	1.5	197	171
    Cincinnati	31	19	1.5	241	179
    Milwaukee	19	29	12.5	193	232
    Chicago Cubs	19	30	13	190	202
    Code:
    ERA	S. Miller	2.02
    BA	Y. Molina	.339
    HR	C. Beltran	10
    RBI	A. Craig	35
    R	M. Carpenter	38
    OPS	C. Beltran	.833
    W	L. Lynn	7
    SO	A. Wainwright	69
    SV	E. Mujica	14
    WHIP	A. Wainwright	0.97
    Code:
     ....... ......... 
    10th	228	Runs	260	25th
    7th	.265	BA	.259	11th
    7th	.330	OBP	.315	21st
    21st	.386	SLG	.391	17th
    1st	3.12	ERA	4.00	13th
    2nd	31	QS	25	28th
    4th	1.21	WHIP	1.39	25th
    11th	.246	BAA	.259	24th
    QS = Quality Starts

Day-to-day

Carlos Beltran
    May 26 - Carlos Beltran dealing with left shoulder soreness and out of #STLCards lineup on Sunday.
    Jenifer Langosch - Twitter

15-day DL

John Gast
    May 26 - Left-hander John Gast left Saturday's start with shoulder tightness, and, on Sunday, the Cardinals placed him on the 15-day DL according to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com. Righty Michael Blazek has been recalled from Triple-A Memphis.
    CBS Sports

Jake Westbrook
    May 26 - More bad injury new for the St. Louis Cardinals as both Chris Carpenter and Jake Westbrook suffered setbacks in their rehab from injury recently. Carpenter was scheduled to face live hitters, but that assignment had to be scratched as he didn't feel as well after his last outing. Westbrook on the other hand hasn't felt right since his last bullpen session and is set to seek a second opinion on his elbow.
    The troubling news about Westbrook comes from the second opinion he will seek: that of Dr. James Andrews. Dr. Andrews is the foremost authority in sports on Tommy John surgery. The only silver lining in seeing Dr. Andrews is that he only recommends surgery if he sees no other option. However, players typically don't even seek him out unless it's already a significant possibility that they will need the surgery. Check back as updates are received on his visit.
    As for Carpenter, it appears this is only a minor setback. However, even these minor setbacks can set a player into rehab limbo where they never quite feel injured, but also don't feel well enough to take the next step for a long period of time. With any luck, Carpenter will be good to go after some rest.
    CBS Sports

Fernando Salas
    May 22 - ST. LOUIS (KMOX) — The Cardinals announced Wednesday afternoon that they have purchased left-handed pitcher Tyler Lyons from Memphis (AAA) and placed right-handed pitcher Fernando Salas on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 21, due to right shoulder inflammation. Lyons, 25, will make his Major League debut tonight when he gets the starting assignment in the Cardinals series finale at San Diego.
    KMOX

Jaime Garcia
    May 22 - St. Louis Cardinals left-hander Jaime Garcia will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery, sources close to the situation told CBSSports.com
    Dr. James Andrews recommended the surgery, confirming the original diagnosis of a small tear in his labrum. He is said to have what was described as a "30-40" percent tear, requiring surgery. The Cardinals' team doctor George Paletta will perform the operation.
    Garcia, 26, is expected to return to the mound for the Cardinals next year.
    Andrews is said to have expressed the opinion to Garcia that it's amazing he was able to pitch as well as he did considering the condition of his shoulder. Garcia was 5-2 with a 3.58 ERA before having to visit the doctors with shoulder pain.
    CBS Sports

60-day DL

Chris Carpenter
    May 26 - More bad injury new for the St. Louis Cardinals as both Chris Carpenter and Jake Westbrook suffered setbacks in their rehab from injury recently. Carpenter was scheduled to face live hitters, but that assignment had to be scratched as he didn't feel as well after his last outing. Westbrook on the other hand hasn't felt right since his last bullpen session and is set to seek a second opinion on his elbow.
    The troubling news about Westbrook comes from the second opinion he will seek: that of Dr. James Andrews. Dr. Andrews is the foremost authority in sports on Tommy John surgery. The only silver lining in seeing Dr. Andrews is that he only recommends surgery if he sees no other option. However, players typically don't even seek him out unless it's already a significant possibility that they will need the surgery. Check back as updates are received on his visit.
    As for Carpenter, it appears this is only a minor setback. However, even these minor setbacks can set a player into rehab limbo where they never quite feel injured, but also don't feel well enough to take the next step for a long period of time. With any luck, Carpenter will be good to go after some rest.
    CBS Sports

Jason Motte
    May 7 - CHICAGO -- St. Louis Cardinals closer Jason Motte had season-ending Tommy John surgery on Tuesday.
    Motte tweeted the ligament-replacement surgery on his right elbow "went well."
    ESPN

Rafael Furcal
    Mar 7 - JUPITER, Fla. -- St. Louis shortstop Rafael Furcal will undergo ligament replacement surgery in his right elbow and expects to miss the 2013 season.
    Furcal made the decision after visiting Dr. James Andrew's clinic in Pensacola, Fla., on Wednesday.
    ESPN.com
    Last edited by redbird89; 05-29-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash

Coming to St Louis

Hey, Cardinal fans.. I am a Minnesota twins fan who is making the drive to see your amazing park and City. I have never been their before, and my girlfriend planed the trip. Is there anything at the park or before the game I need to do??? I really want to make this a great stop. My Grandpa was a bat boy for the Cards in the 40's and he isn't doing so hot, so it is a trip for him and my self. If you have any input I would be very grateful!!! We are going to the game this next Saturday.. Anything you think would help make this trip great would be amazing!! Thank you and take care..

vCash
    good game today from the offense. waino not exactly on and didnt have his best stuff, but did enough to give us a chance to win

vCash
    Not exactly on but throws 8 innings #ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Not exactly on but throws 8 innings #ace
    ya he really is something else. love having him. such a leader and competitor. glad we locked up molina and waino for the long haul.

vCash
    A lot of those hits were unlucky, wainwright was making good pitches and the royals hitters were having their bats broken, or having pop flies fall between defenders. I think if we had beltran or shane robinson in right for the game instead of matt carpenter, we take away a couple hits.

I thought wainwright pitched a really good game
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    Oh look, our home run bats are coming back.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    It's amazing how well Lyons has pitched since being called up. Granted, it hasn't been against the best offenses.. but 6 hits in 14 innings and only 2 earned runs is just awesome.

Matt Carpenter
    .300 AVG, 1 HR, 6 RBI, .431 OBP, .375 SLG, .806 OPS, .371 wOBA, 136 wRC+, .4 fWAR, 126 OPS+

vCash
    And that's a winner. Still won't gain a game on the Reds, as they are up 7-2 in the 8th. Pirates tied with the Tigers in the 8th, 0-0.

Matt Carpenter

vCash
    Most teams would be relying on Tyler Lyons to become a future stud for them.

For us, he may never really become a serious starting candidate because we have so much else around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Most teams would be relying on Tyler Lyons to become a future stud for them.

For us, he may never really become a serious starting candidate because we have so much else around him.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Lyons is a solid starter for sure. Love watching him pitch. Good to see the Power coming through finally. Let's hope for some more.

vCash
    Great game.

Matchups updated.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Great game

vCash
    Molina is a monster
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast