Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rick Nash Discussion

I like Rick Nash. I think Rick Nash is a very skilled player. Rick Nash does some things better than I expected this season but I think Slats has to get another game breaker. Rick Nash is not a guy I see leading us to a cup as a number 1 guy on the team. He does not show the fire we need at times. For such a big guy he lets other guys push him around too much. I'm not down on Nash but I know he will need help. I think we have a lot of very good 2nd line players. I would be okay with packaging a couple to get another 1st line player.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Nash is a great player and contriubuted a lot of offense but he didn't do **** for the power play. He doesn't have the greatest shot.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Nash is a great player and contriubuted a lot of offense but he didn't do **** for the power play. He doesn't have the greatest shot.
    He actually has a great wrist shot but he banged up his wrist in the Washington series, nothing serious but probably enough to throw his shot off. He'll learn from this playoffs and the agony of defeat going forward, I expect him to be better in the playoffs next year if we have a change in philosophy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I like Rick Nash. I think Rick Nash is a very skilled player. Rick Nash does some things better than I expected this season but I think Slats has to get another game breaker. Rick Nash is not a guy I see leading us to a cup as a number 1 guy on the team. He does not show the fire we need at times. For such a big guy he lets other guys push him around too much. I'm not down on Nash but I know he will need help. I think we have a lot of very good 2nd line players. I would be okay with packaging a couple to get another 1st line player.
    I think we need to wait out our players for a bit, we've been switching players so much we've lost the chemistry that was a big part of the team last year. I'm not sure what the plan is with Clowe but if we keep him and have him as our #2 LW. We do need Staal back, Stralman back and McIlrath to come up. We've always been weak on the left side, and short D men. I'd be comfortable in getting another D man, but I'd like to see what a full year of Brassard, Clowe, Dorsett, Moore etc have to offer this team. Another option I'd like to see this franchise take a look at is the possibility of moving Richards to LW, I mean that's our area of weakness and if Richards has no spot in the middle because of Stepan and Brassards play then move him to the side and try it out. Playing wing is less skating and it might suit Richards better and having a winger who can pass to Nash or Stepan isn't such a bad plan.
    Last edited by bsi; 05-26-2013 at 01:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I think we need to wait out our players for a year. I'm not sure what the plan is with Clowe but if we keep him and have him as our #2 LW and maybe Kreider steps up and takes the #1 spot on LW then we're filling in the roster nicely. We do need Staal back, Stralman back and McIlrath to come up. We've always been weak on the left side, and short D men. I'd be comfortable in getting another D man, but I'd like to see what a full year of Brassard, Clowe, Dorsett, Moore etc have to offer this team.
    I agree we will wait on most our players but some changes will be made. It is just part of the game. We will need to make a decision on Brad and his contract. In my opinion it can not be both Brad and Torts staying. It is either one or none. In regards to Clowe I do not know if Slats will risk another 2nd round pick on him because of his concussions. That is a really hard decision. If we knew he would be healthy it would be a much easier decision. I think Brass and Moore will both be legit assets. I view Brass as a 2nd line guy and Moore as a possible 2nd pairing dman. I do not know Dorsetts contract situation. I can give or take Dorsett. Staal is a guy we definitely need back. Is Dylan ready? I sure hope so. We can use his physicality.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    I'm way down on Nash after his putrid showing in the playoffs. He was soft on the puck didnt drive the net as he did in the reg. season on occasion. His #s over an 82 game season would be up with the top goal scorers in the league but he was a BIG FAT 0 when it really counted. If he was injured as reported or not very disappointing post season for Nash. When Asham scores more goals than your supposed "sniper, acquired to bring us to the next level" you got problems.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liltedspop View Post
    I'm way down on Nash after his putrid showing in the playoffs. He was soft on the puck didnt drive the net as he did in the reg. season on occasion. His #s over an 82 game season would be up with the top goal scorers in the league but he was a BIG FAT 0 when it really counted. If he was injured as reported or not very disappointing post season for Nash. When Asham scores more goals than your supposed "sniper, acquired to bring us to the next level" you got problems.
    Brian Boyle and Aaron Asham both outscored him. Not acceptable, I hope he learned what it takes to win, this is only his second time in the playoffs so maybe he needs some hard lessons.

vCash

Rick Nash Discussion

I want to like him but after watching him in the playoffs it's hard. If he had any type of drive such as Callahan he'd dominate, he's way to soft for me and that doesn't cut it when it counts.

Nash woot take us to the promise land alone we need more fire power and a better system.