Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should the Knicks give up on Chandler?

I happen to think he's not needed as much people think. We don't have any low post scoring because our center can't score in the one place he's supposedly is effective.. In the paint. I think moving Chandler and Amare should be the number one thing on the to do list. But Amare may be immovable but I do believe we can get rid of Chandler for a player that can be more of a consistent threat than he is. I would really take Al Jefferson or Lamarcas Aldrige over him. I saw the Knicks actually look better without him after we got Kmart. I think he lacks technique in rebounding and doesnt contest shots at the rim enough to warrant his type of salary for just being a defensive player. What you guys think?

vCash
    I think a lot of people are overreacting with his poor playoff and overall relatively underwhelming season but I would be willing to sell high on him because he can actually net a return.

I'm only doing it if I can get a cheaper C who can bring a big chunk of what Chandler brings defensively while actually having a semblance of an offensive game + another piece.

The only trade scenario I have liked so far was the 3 way sending Tyson to OKC and we get Gortat + Dudley + Frye and PHX gets young guys from OKC. OKC then uses the amnesty on Perkins. If you put Aldridge or Jefferson at the 5 spot and take out Tyson our defense becomes bottom 5 in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think a lot of people are overreacting with his poor playoff and overall relatively underwhelming season but I would be willing to sell high on him because he can actually net a return.

I'm only doing it if I can get a cheaper C who can bring a big chunk of what Chandler brings defensively while actually having a semblance of an offensive game + another piece.

The only trade scenario I have liked so far was the 3 way sending Tyson to OKC and we get Gortat + Dudley + Frye and PHX gets young guys from OKC. OKC then uses the amnesty on Perkins. If you put Aldridge or Jefferson at the 5 spot and take out Tyson our defense becomes bottom 5 in the league.
    I'm not sure if we become bottom five if we still have Kmart on the roster. But why can't Chandler be sent out in some sort of three way deal where we can get back Cp3?

vCash
    This may sound crazy but I think I'd rather Okafur than Chandler and send him to Hakeem to work on his low post game which comes naturally. I really do believe now is the time to cut out losses with him. He can't contend with any of the big physical teams of the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    This may sound crazy but I think I'd rather Okafur than Chandler and send him to Hakeem to work on his low post game which comes naturally. I really do believe now is the time to cut out losses with him. He can't contend with any of the big physical teams of the league.
    Next to Melo and Shump in the frontcourt, no he cannot deal with Hibbert/West/George and Noah/Boozer/Deng. We need to get bigger to help him out, he's not Dwight Howard where he can overcome that down low.

vCash
    if we don't want Chandler why would any other team want him?
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    If the Knicks firmly believe that they can win a title with this team, then no, you can't give up Chandler because he's flat out just one of the best centers out there and you would be hard pressed to find a better replacement.

If the Knicks don't think this current group is good enough to win it all, then do the smart thing and sell high on guys like Chandler and Melo.

vCash
    We shouldn't actively look to trade Tyson, but if the right deal came along I'm not opposed to it.

We'd have to get back another good center like Gortat or Okafour, and additional pieces to make it worthwhile.

vCash
    Chandler is still highly regarded in this league. He's had a down season, and I believe has played too much basketball. This break will be really rewarding for him with no Olympics on the horizon. I say he comes back to form this upcoming year. I think that it is a very likely scenario, that Chandler comes back and plays All Star caliber basketball. Would love to see him train with Hakeem.

What would be great for us, is if we got another front court contributor; would added low post paint scoring, positional rebounding, and defense. Either a player like Big Baby, or a player like Tony Mitchell. A Big Baby/(throwback Tyson) combo would be almost more desirable than anything we could get for Chandler.
    Last edited by Backstabber; 05-26-2013 at 11:07 AM.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Possibly the worst question i've seen asked in this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Possibly the worst question i've seen asked in this forum.
    Agreed.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    No way!

vCash
    This thread is beyond dumb.

Guys dont want Tyson, but thinks they'll get a better player for him.

Tyson looks great when paired with a guy up front who can do the power position like their supposed to.

melo is not a 4....this season cemented it....get a real 4, or hope amare comes back.

quit the charade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    Agreed.
    Worst question huh? He has always been injury prone and he relies totally on his athletism. He's flamed out two years in a row down the stretch and into the playoffs. We are supposed to have this three year window with him in which two of them he's done nothing in the playoffs. Absolutely nothing! It's not a bad question at all. When he played on Dallas he played next to a another 7ft player. He's now playing next to a 6'8 power forward. It's just like with JR and Amare, how many times you gotta watch these guys not produce before you cut your losses?? I was a big fan of the whole new JR thing, but once again he showed incapable of playing good playoff basketball. I'm not willing to wait and see again when this is who he is. And the same goes for Chandler. How many times is this guy gonna get the flu right before the playoffs?? How many times will he hurt his wrist or have back and neck problems?? I think a lot of his wear and tear is coming because of a lack of offensive skill set making him rely on athletism to try and score. He's the only center I know at his age that scores on lobs more than layups.

vCash
    Then he doesn't match up to two of the three teams that will be in our way. Should we just forget about that?? Hibbert isn't going anywhere and Tyson can't do anything with him. Noah isn't going anywhere and he always out plays Chandler. He's not needed to win a championship, he's won one with Dirk and that mavs team but outside of that he's done nothing or has not made any significant impact on his former teams. I think we would be better with Al Jefferson on this team out here in the east.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast