Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankee Trade Idea and Proposals Thread

I thought we used to have a Trade Thread. But anyway...

Would this not work out good or both teams?

Yanks trade Nova () to the Mets for John Buck.

Mets need a young pitcher that's cheap.....maybe he'd do we'll in the big park.

Yanks can use some RH pop and a upgrade at catcher. Plus Mets can use Their stud kid C.

Seems like a win for both teams.

Thoughts?

vCash
    I ove to see Mauer in NY I think his pop would be alot more with protection in the lineup and hes a lefty send a C prospect back with a few sp types get them to pay atleast 5 mill of the 20 he makes pr yr and thats a solid deal

vCash
    Twins suck anyway they need to reload bigtime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    I ove to see Mauer in NY I think his pop would be alot more with protection in the lineup and hes a lefty send a C prospect back with a few sp types get them to pay atleast 5 mill of the 20 he makes pr yr and thats a solid deal
    The Yankees don't need another big contract on their hands. Plus, we have Gary Sanchez who should be ready in a few years, no need to block him.

vCash
    I think Nova for Buck is an overpay. Nova has his limitations but he's fine as a back of the rotation starter who can eat innings. Buck is a backup catcher that the Marlins confused with a starting catcher when they gave him an 18M contract 2 years ago. Nova is cheap for the next 3 years, Buck is a free agent at year end. At worst, Nova can be a Ramiro Mendoza type and at best he's a 4-5 starter, either of which is more valuable than Buck.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .308 HR: NONE! RBI: 10 SB: 4 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    I think Nova for Buck is an overpay. Nova has his limitations but he's fine as a back of the rotation starter who can eat innings. Buck is a backup catcher that the Marlins confused with a starting catcher when they gave him an 18M contract 2 years ago. Nova is cheap for the next 3 years, Buck is a free agent at year end. At worst, Nova can be a Ramiro Mendoza type and at best he's a 4-5 starter, either of which is more valuable than Buck.
    Agree completely.

vCash
    we dont need to make a trade for a catcher once cervelli returns, the mets cant trade a catcher at the moment also, if we are trading then do it to the rockies for josh rutledge or to the indians for chris perez two teams in need of pitching with good options for our short and long term needs

vCash
    You guys have been so down on nova, I figured you'd love this trade. Funny.

We all know I'd like to keep nova. I think his talent, if ever harnessed, is very good.

vCash
    This team definitely needs to do something to get a better hitting catcher on the team. I like Stewart for his defense so he can stay but I'm not sold on Austin Romine just yet.

I agree that Nova for Buck is an overpay. And that's because a National League Nova in Citi Field would probably win a lot of games and all Buck would be good for in NY is a bad average and some occasional Homeruns.

This team has won thanks to its pitching and pitching depth. I'd trade some of it for a catcher but Nova for Buck doesn't do it for me.

I'd love to see the Yankees acquire Jason Castro from the Astros. He's a 25 year old lefty with HR power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    Theirs no way Minny trades Mauer, especially at a discount. He's a hometown, homegrown product and the face of that franchise, plus we don't need another big contract on our books. Especially someone who has struggled with so many injuries in the last few yr. I actually think Mauers contract is one of the worst in baseball, unless the Twins pick up at least half of it I wouldn't touch it.

As far as Nova for Buck IMO thats a big time overpay on our part. I'm not ready to give up on Nova just yet, i know a lot of people will disagree with me but i still think theirs a good chance he turns it around and could be a very solid 3-5 guy for us over the next couple yrs.

If were going to trade for a C i'd really like to see if they couldn't pull of a trade for Mccann, The Braves have a young catcher playing very well for them right now and are going to have to make a choice of play MCcann out of loyalty or stick with the younger kid how's really playing well for them.

Also i would rather see us trade Hughes if were going to trade a pitcher, i doubt the Yanks resign him and i'd rather get something for him now instead of nothing after the season

vCash
    Mabe chase wright

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    It's an interesting idea. I think D'arnaud is still on the DL and will need rehab time before a he could be called up for the Mets.
    What about Hughes instead of Nova? If there is still a fly ball park, it's CITI. Mets could rent him for the second half and keep him or let him walk. Buck is also an FA after this season so he is a rental for them anyway.
    What about adding Granderson to that and trying to pull Ceccini (Cechini?) from them? He's their number 6 prospect and a 19 year old SS. Supposedly a Pedroia style player. None our SS prospects are jumping out of the farm anytime soon...ever

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    I'd like to take a run at Buck for the season. Mets just want young cheap arms.

Maybe Warren?

Buck would change our lineup with some pop at C and RH DH.....seems like a good guy too. And he has reason to bust his butt for a contract.

vCash
    thre mets dont need young arms, they need OF prospects

vCash

Rutldge for Nova

I noticed (because I have him on one of my fantasy teams) that Josh Rutledge was sent down. One of the positions I think the Yankees should look to get better is Shortstop. Rutledge is a nice player, in that he is 24 with some power and speed. That being said his plate discipline is poor, and thus got him demoted.

A guy I would be willing to part with is Nova (and even a little more). I can read between the lines, Jeter is not well, and the reality is that he may not play this entire season. That foot inury looked bad when it happened, Jeter is not even doing baseball activities, when he does there is going to be a slow rehab. Frankly I would be thrilled to death if Jeter were Fully healed by September 15th...Which means that we have 4 month need.

Rutledge is a shortstop who can also play second base. He is also a marginally better fielder than Nunez (although Nunez has played better (but lost his bat this year) in the process). Worst case scenario both Rutledge and Nunez push each each other and become competition. At any rate having two middle infielders with pop and speed competing with each other makes good sense.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast