Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,610
    vCash
    1500

    Invisible DP called in the Tex/Sea game

    http://i.imgur.com/IWtNLI7.gif

    how do the umps miss this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    At first look I didn't see anything wrong with it. Then I noticed the pitcher caught the ball and the 1B's foot isn't even on the bag. How are the umpires getting stupider?
    Last edited by SACNYY; 05-25-2013 at 02:46 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    This isn't all that uncommon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,888
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah i mean it happens at 2nd base on a double play ball pretty often. It's kind of the around the bag technique.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah i mean it happens at 2nd base on a double play ball pretty often. It's kind of the around the bag technique.
    Second base was fine. It's what happened at first that is the blown call. (to me anyways)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    Second base was fine. It's what happened at first that is the blown call. (to me anyways)
    Watching it again, yeah now i see the pitcher caught it and not even the first baseman lol.

    Well just another reason to expand replay next season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,619
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    This isn't all that uncommon.
    Lol the pitcher is the one that caught the ball though.

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Watching it again, yeah now i see the pitcher caught it and not even the first baseman lol.

    Well just another reason to expand replay next season.
    lol I had to watch it a couple times too. I don't understand how the umpires are getting worse. Every day there's blown calls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lol the pitcher is the one that caught the ball though.


    Wow I didn't even see that in the .gif or live. That's pretty funny. Shame on the umpire but props to Grimm for pulling that off like a boss.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,619
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post


    Wow I didn't even see that in the .gif or live. That's pretty funny. Shame on the umpire but props to Grimm for pulling that off like a boss.
    Did he run off after and play it off? That would be glorious...If so he deserved to get that call. Just amazing lol

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Did he run off after and play it off? That would be glorious...If so he deserved to get that call. Just amazing lol
    I second this haha

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Did he run off after and play it off? That would be glorious...If so he deserved to get that call. Just amazing lol
    Haha I think so. IIRC, he just walked back to the mound like nothing happened.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    13,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post


    Wow I didn't even see that in the .gif or live. That's pretty funny. Shame on the umpire but props to Grimm for pulling that off like a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    lol I had to watch it a couple times too. I don't understand how the umpires are getting worse. Every day there's blown calls.
    You had to watch it multiple times in slo-mo and from a perfect angle, yet you don't understand how an ump could miss it?

    What happened here is that the ump is watching for the runner's foot to hit the bag and is listening for the sound of the ball when it hits the mitt. That is how it was missed.

    .
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-25-2013 at 04:21 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    9,651
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    You had to watch it multiple times in slo-mo and from a perfect angle, yet you don't understand how an ump could miss it?

    What happened here is that the ump is watching for the runner's foot to hit the bag and is listening for the sound of the ball when it hits the mitt. That is how it was missed.

    .
    Yeah he was out. It was earlier tonight. Don't remember what inning though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    over there, no a little further
    Posts
    4,702
    vCash
    4825
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    This isn't all that uncommon.
    I agree I think you can take tape of any game and have at least one play at first with no foot on the bag.
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •