Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Copeland and Iman as 2nd & 3rd options

I believe this is what should happen for the Knicks next season. I believe that with Cope putting on some muscle this offseason and Shump working on his game this summer, I feel like that should be the pecking order.

vCash
    I think if we have any chance, its based on Amare stepping up or a 2combo of JR and Shump. Copeland to me is Novak 2.0. But significantly improved. Cope will always be an accessory

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    If Shumpert is our 3rd/4th option then we are in good shape. If Copeland is our 6th man and responsible for only scoring 8-10ppg we are in good shape. Expecting more out of them is a huge mistake. That's why we have an issue because when JR doesn't live up to his role as a #2 option and Felton doesn't live up to his role as a #3 option we hit a wall. Nobody else on the Knicks (minus Amar'e) can produce their own shot.

vCash
    Iman will take serious strides this offseason. Now that his ACL surgery is officially a success, all that stand in his way are Woodson and J.R. Smith.

Who knows if we'll even get Cope back, or what his role will be if he returns. Copes lack of minutes this season seemed to be more political than anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If Shumpert is our 3rd/4th option then we are in good shape. If Copeland is our 6th man and responsible for only scoring 8-10ppg we are in good shape. Expecting more out of them is a huge mistake. That's why we have an issue because when JR doesn't live up to his role as a #2 option and Felton doesn't live up to his role as a #3 option we hit a wall. Nobody else on the Knicks (minus Amar'e) can produce their own shot.
    Agreed. Good Post. If we go into next season with Shumpert and Cope being our second option we're gonna be in trouble. Other than his three point shooting Shump has been consistently inconsistent on offense. The talent is there though.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 05-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Is Copeland even gonna be here???Next season! Copeland is gonna be 29 next year, he's already slow as hell, more muscle will make him slower and he has no jumping ability. He's a scorer thats it.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Is Copeland even gonna be here???Next season! Copeland is gonna be 29 next year, he's already slow as hell, more muscle will make him slower and he has no jumping ability. He's a scorer thats it.
    I think you guys aren't giving him his just due. Dude can ball! I've been watching basketball for a very longtime and I can tell you that it's very rare a player has all those facets to his game. Mid range, 3pt shot, post ups, and pick n roll.. And do them all efficiently. Dude was held back by Woodson and his bad defense in the beginning of the season. But he's a better scorer than anyone not named Melo on this team. Novak 2.0 is just a dumb comparison. Dude can be featured in an offense, Novak can only hit open 3's. I'd be just fine if Cope was given a green light to score. Dude doesn't take bad shots and has a high skill set.

vCash
    SHUMPERT needs to be the #2. Actually, Shumpert should probably be the numbah 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    SHUMPERT needs to be the #2. Actually, Shumpert should probably be the numbah 1.
    Number 1 what??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Number 1 what??
    Melo needs to learn his place.

vCash
    Honestly if Amare can't become a 15-20 PPG contributor in 30 mins a game on 50% shooting we are screwed. That's the kind of scoring efficiency you need from a #2 option. If we keep JR he and Amare will be 2a and 2b and shumpert will be 4th and felton 5th. Those 5 should be able to carry the majority of the scoring load every night.

vCash
    If Shumpert is your number 2 scoring option, we are in trouble. That guy is limited offensively. We weren't that far away guys. Honestly it just came down to STAT not being what he should have been. Bring everyone back, try and win 1st seed and go from there. You never know what team will have a key injury etc that can sneak us into the finals.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    I still think JR Smith will be the second option with Amare being the third option on offense.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Number 1 what??
    Stunna

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast