Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,356
    vCash
    1500

    Giants reunite with Ramses Barden

    Giants may reunite with Ramses Barden


    BY RALPH VACCHIANO


    Victor Cruz is still unsigned and Hakeem Nicks was mysteriously absent from the start of spring drills, but the Giants may soon get a reinforcement at receiver.

    Ramses Barden is about to return.

    Barden, the Giants’ third-round pick in 2009, is heading back to the New York area and will take a physical with team doctors on Thursday, the Daily News has learned. And if all goes well for the unrestricted free agent, according to an NFL source, he could sign a one-year deal to return before the end of the day.

    It is not believed that Barden’s possible return has anything to do with worries about the absence of Cruz or Nicks. The Giants seem to expect Cruz will be re-signed in the coming weeks. And while Nicks’ absence from the start of organized team activities (OTAs) on Wednesday was unexplained – and seemed to irk Tom Coughlin – the team seems to expect him back this week and he has been participating in the offseason program.

    The Giants had some interest in bringing the 27-year-old Barden back long before the free-agent signing period opened in March, but only for one year and for an NFL minimum salary. Barden, knowing he’d return as at least the fourth receiver and maybe even lower on the Giants’ depth chart, quickly closed the door on a return and said “it’s probably best” to move on.

    But despite rumored interest from the Carolina Panthers, a market for the 6-6, 224-pounder never materialized. Then, according to a source, sometime in the last week discussions re-opened with the Giants who have one open spot on their 90-man roster.

    Barden came to the Giants as a surprise third-rounder out of Cal-Poly and was envisioned as a dangerous red-zone threat with his size and reach. But in four seasons with the Giants he caught just 29 passes for 394 yards and no touchdowns. He caught 14 passes for 220 yards in 12 games last season, including a brilliant, 9-catch, 138-yard game in Week 3 in a win at Carolina when he filled in for the injured Hakeem Nicks.

    Barden soon headed back to the bench, though, and caught just four passes the rest of the way.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-ramses-barden
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 05-22-2013 at 08:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,356
    vCash
    1500





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,283
    vCash
    1500
    Gotta send a message to Cruz and Nicks. Need guys willing to play in OTAs. If Eli is there, all the WRs should be too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,356
    vCash
    1500
    Ha..beat u too it! Close this down! Or else..I'll..I'll..



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,858
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta send a message to Cruz and Nicks. Need guys willing to play in OTAs. If Eli is there, all the WRs should be too.
    Send a message to Cruz and Nicks??? with Ramses Barden??? Did you see what happened to Crabtree in SF? Barden would be a cheap, practical signing maybe he can make an impact somehow. Low risk, he knows the system...still don't know what possessed that stupid SOB to get that offensive pass interference call in Philly.

    But Rames Barden not scaring anybody into camp. As a Giants fan OTAs is not a big deal when you take into account our history of off season injuries.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,283
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Send a message to Cruz and Nicks??? with Ramses Barden??? Did you see what happened to Crabtree in SF? Barden would be a cheap, practical signing maybe he can make an impact somehow. Low risk, he knows the system...still don't know what possessed that stupid SOB to get that offensive pass interference call in Philly.

    But Rames Barden not scaring anybody into camp. As a Giants fan OTAs is not a big deal when you take into account our history of off season injuries.
    I know we've covered this 100 times, but that OPI was on Eli, not Ramses and Ramses taking the OPI prevented an interception. That much was clear. Even Eli and coaches identified it. They never should have been throwing in the first place.

    It's not a matter of Barden taking their spot, but the coaches want to get work done and they gotta say "oh you're not showing up, fine, we're moving along with these guys" and just like we saw with Cruz in 2011, the more time a player gets with Eli in the offseason, the more chances they'll get on the field.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,858
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I know we've covered this 100 times, but that OPI was on Eli, not Ramses and Ramses taking the OPI prevented an interception. That much was clear. Even Eli and coaches identified it. They never should have been throwing in the first place.

    It's not a matter of Barden taking their spot, but the coaches want to get work done and they gotta say "oh you're not showing up, fine, we're moving along with these guys" and just like we saw with Cruz in 2011, the more time a player gets with Eli in the offseason, the more chances they'll get on the field.
    I gave him (Rames) the benefit of the doubt at the time but it was a bonehead play....he should've been aware if the situation and made a play on the ball....he just tackled NA...should've just knock the ball away.

    I thought he was going to develop but he regressed....it was on Ramses. Now lets see if Rames can take advantage of yet another GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,283
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I gave him (Rames) the benefit of the doubt at the time but it was a bonehead play....he should've been aware if the situation and made a play on the ball....he just tackled NA...should've just knock the ball away.

    I thought he was going to develop but he regressed....it was on Ramses. Now lets see if Rames can take advantage of yet another GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.
    He couldn't make a play on the ball because the defender was in between him and the ball and ready for an INT. He made the play he was trained to make.

    Ramses dealt with injuries and then got buried on the depth chart. I don't think he regressed, but he certainly hasn't shined yet. But its OTAs and they need guys who will show up and play.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    vCash
    1500
    Good resigning. I believe in his abilities. That dude has 50 catches in him if we play him.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16,775
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta send a message to Cruz and Nicks. Need guys willing to play in OTAs. If Eli is there, all the WRs should be too.
    Cut it out man like Nicks and Cruz didnt work with Eli this off season already. Who cares about these OTAs Eli has seen these guys this offseason and hes gotten reps in with them. I know Nicks personally there is no one more humble and hungry than he is

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Cut it out man like Nicks and Cruz didnt work with Eli this off season already. Who cares about these OTAs Eli has seen these guys this offseason and hes gotten reps in with them. I know Nicks personally there is no one more humble and hungry than he is
    I don't know him personally but not showing up because you want a higher pay for me is not humble and displays not hunger for wins either... I really do not get al these football players with their not showing up, holding out ******** man...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    288
    vCash
    1500
    Ok, just read it is not for holdout-reasons, my bad. But still, why isn't he at the OTA's then??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,283
    vCash
    1500
    Nice collection here, all targets and catches by Barden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTHSEMDPQA0

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,466
    vCash
    1500
    Thought Barden was finally showing some signs of not being a total bust , still doesn't use his size properly all the time but he seemed to be getting better ..who knows we may have a crazy WR core .,Murphy's getting a ton of love and I think he's a solid signing and thanks to no shows of nicks/Cruz , JJ/Barden and Murphy will get more time to develop with Eli and the 1s .. Maybe it'll be just. What they all need (I gave up on JJ...Thinking he may be sinorice wi a little better nfl talent?) .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •