Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Interesting read - Bryce Harper Signs Extension With Under Armour

The most lucrative endorsement deal in MLB history has just been signed as Bryce Harper signs extension with Under Armour. On Tuesday, Harper made an announcement via Instagram that he had signed a 10-year extension with the brand.

According to a company official, compensation of the endorsement would not be disclosed. However, Under Armour has revealed last month that it expects to earn $5 billion in sales this year, much due to their banking on a stable of young MVP-caliber endorsers, such as Harper, NBA MVP Stephen Curry, NFL MVP Cam Newton, NHL MVP Carey Price and PGA Tour Player of the Year, Jordan Spieth. The brand also counts in Tom Brady, Clayton Kershaw, Buster Posey and Michael Phelps.Bryce Harper Signs Extension With Under Armour

Bryce Harper has been an Under Armour endorser since 2011, less than a year after the Nationals made him the first pick in the MLB Draft at the age of 18. At age 19, Harper became the youngest player to be selected to the All-Star Game and went on to win National League Rookie of the Year. In 2015, at age 23, he became the youngest player to unanimously win an MVP award.

The reigning MVP's new deal with UA runs through 2026, making it not just a long-term deal, but longer than that of Stephen Curry's deal which runs through 2024 and Jordan Spieth's deal which runs through 2025.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PAIRING...

Bryce Harper, 23, who uses social media to share his interest with fans, has designed his own shoes and hats. He believes in making baseball fun again and bringing baseball to the forefront of attention and fashion.

Bryce Harper abandoned the pursuit of his trademark back in 2014, which were Under Armour Harper T-shirts with the logo "That's A Clown Question, Bro." Harper now has his own logo with Under Armour and a "Harper One" line of baseball cleats that will be available for sale beginning July 15. Harper will play a central role in the company's marketing campaigns and casual clothing line.

Bryce Harper Signs Extension With Under ArmourHarper's deal with UA has even surpassed that of the Astros' star shortstop Carlos Correa, who signed a 5-year deal with Adidas, which according to reports, was "record-setting," It's also more surprising than Alex Rodriguez's old deal with Nike last decade that paid him $1 million a year.

Bryce Harper expressed his excitement of having closed such a deal:

"I'm proud to call Under Armour my family, and I know that together, we will achieve great things," Harper said in an Under Armour statement. "Under Armour has been one of my biggest advocates since I began my professional journey, and I can't wait to share what's next with the fans."

In addition to his Under Armour deal, Harper also endorses Gatorade and New Era.

Resource: http://sportsngiggles.com/mlb/bryce-...-under-armour/

Meh. He's no LeBron James.
    Reading the NFL rule book like: