Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why does everyone think Lebron is so good at 1v1??

I don't get it, seriously what makes him so unbeatable 1v1?
    That's not even remotely close to what makes him so good, he's not even that dominant of an isolation player. Which is what 1v1 IS.

He doesn't have a dominant post up game
    He doesn't have a Jordan's turn around fade-aways from post ups
    He doesnt have ankle breaker crossovers
    He doesn't have as good of ability to create space on his shot as others.
    He doesn't have Jordan/McGrady/Kobe ability to contort his body to change his shot..

I mean come on. His size/rebounding for his position, court vision, athleticism, defense, also a good passer is what makes him so great not his 1v1 ability.

give me a break go read through the Jordan/Lebron debate thread posted today

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    probably cause he can handle the ball like a PG, shoot jumpers, and there is nothing someone as quick as him can do from stopping him from blowing straight through them...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    speed, power and athleticism (for taking hits and still finishing, and defense).
    these apply to 1v1 just as much as team games.

when he's backing you down, there's nothing you can do except try to pull the chair from under him. when he's going to the layup/dunk, he can absorb contact and still finish.
    with his leaping ability, you can blow by him and he'll still be a threat to block your shot.

vCash
    idk who is going to able to stay infront of him, the only ones who can are the short guys he is able to shoot right over.

vCash
    Because you can't stop someone who is quicker, stronger, and has practically no weaknesses. I'm sorry but what is this "will" you're talking about? He can't will himself to bench press 500 lbs anymore than he can will himself to stopping LeBron James.

vCash
    ^

Also he has amazing conditioning, and plays great defense...

You say he doesn't have a dominant post game yet what player with his speed and athleticism can defend him on the post? Put a guy too big, and he'll blow past them. Put someone to small, and he'll post them up.

He still has a jumper. By no means is it the best, but it's good enough to demand respect against taller players that try to cheat toward the basket.

vCash
    Isolation plays make up roughly 25% of Bron's offense, and he's ranked as the 8th best Isolation player by Synergy. Postup make up about 12% and he's comes in at 20th. He holds opponents to 38% and 28% from the field in both situations respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    I don't get it, seriously what makes him so unbeatable 1v1?
    That's not even remotely close to what makes him so good, he's not even that dominant of an isolation player. Which is what 1v1 IS.

He doesn't have a dominant post up game
    He doesn't have a Jordan's turn around fade-aways from post ups
    He doesnt have ankle breaker crossovers
    He doesn't have as good of ability to create space on his shot as others.
    He doesn't have Jordan/McGrady/Kobe ability to contort his body to change his shot..

I mean come on. His size/rebounding for his position, court vision, athleticism, defense, also a good passer is what makes him so great not his 1v1 ability.

give me a break go read through the Jordan/Lebron debate thread posted today
    Great post.
    This site is filled with Lebron groupies. Lebron is the best at everything to these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jordan is 2nd or 3rd when talking career but both magic and lebron are better all around players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    probably cause he can handle the ball like a PG, shoot jumpers, and there is nothing someone as quick as him can do from stopping him from blowing straight through them...
    And right on Q here comes Hawk to defend him. Jordan, Kobe and many others would beat Lebron down 1V1.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jordan is 2nd or 3rd when talking career but both magic and lebron are better all around players.

vCash
    Why is he so good at 1on1?

Two words: LeBron James.

DUHH.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    Combination of size, quickness, speed and strength. Then add to that he has great handles for his size and is an excellent defender. The reason people think he would beat some of these players is he can match up defensively while they can't compete with his size/strength down low. I don't really care to say one person is better than another 1v1 because we really just don't know. I think the things I listed above give Lebron a very reasonable chance against some of the 2 guards (Jordan, Kobe) being mentioned.

vCash
    do you know what 1v1 is tho? You don't start from half court, you dont get picks. Its all off the dribble or post up
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 05-21-2013 at 04:12 PM.

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    And right on Q here comes Hawk to defend him. Jordan, Kobe and many others would beat Lebron down 1V1.
    *right on cue

and lamo at kobe beating lebron 1 on 1 lmaofoeormcf!@!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    do you know what 1v1 is tho? You don't start from half court, you dont get picks. Its all off the dribble
    Nah, what's 1v1? Never played a game of that in my life.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    DUPE

l

Shump, Shump!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast