Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games will the Sox win?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Red

0 0%
  • 1 - We still suck

2 40.00%
  • 2 - Getting better

3 60.00%
  • 3 - White

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Boston Red Sox (27-17) @ Chicago White Sox (19-23)

Boston Red Sox VS Chicago White Sox

Game 1, Monday, May 20, 7:10 PM CDT

VS
    Jon Lester (6-0, 2.72 ERA) ... Dylan Axelrod (1-3, 4.27 ERA)
    The lefty continues to be at the top of his game, coming off a seven-inning, two-run performance against the Rays in his last start. Opponents are hitting .193 against Lester on the season. He is 3-0 with a 3.48 ERA on the road.
    Axelrod earned his first win of the season after allowing three runs on nine hits and one walk with four strikeouts in 5 1/3 innings against the Twins on Wednesday.

Game 2, Tuesday, May 21, 7:10 PM CDT

VS
    Felix Doubront (3-1, 6.03 ERA) ... Jose Quintana (2-1, 3.97 ERA)
    The lefty still hasn't found his groove. But he at least kept the Sox in the game in his last start, giving up three hits and two runs in five-plus innings while walking six and whiffing seven. Opponents are hitting Doubront at a .307 clip this year.
    The left-hander stayed winless since April 24 with a no-decision Thursday night against the Angels. Quintana was not helped by a two-run double that hit off Dayan Viciedo's glove and allowed four runs in 6 2/3 innings.

Game 3, Wednesday, May 22, 7:10 PM CDT

VS
    Clay Buchholz (6-0, 1.78 ERA) ... Chris Sale (5-2, 2.53 ERA)
    Although he's coming off three no-decisions, Buchholz continues to be a force on the mound. In five career starts vs. the White Sox, he is 1-2 with a 5.02 ERA.
    Sale has thrown 23 consecutive scoreless innings, marking the longest White Sox streak since J.J. Putz threw 27 straight in 2010. Sale has a 4-0 mark with a 1.18 ERA over his last five starts, and fanned 12 Angels on Friday.

More Stats

Who's hot: Buchholz has allowed two earned runs or fewer in eight of his nine starts and has allowed only two home runs in 65 2/3 innings. Second baseman Dustin Pedroia has hit safely in 11 consecutive games. Sox reliever Jesse Crain hasn't allowed a run in 16 consecutive outings. Chris Sale hasn't allowed a run in 23 consecutive innings.
    Who's not: Doubront has failed to pitch more than 51/3 innings in any of his last three starts. Center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury is 2-for-15. Sox outfielder Dewayne Wise is 2-for-13. The Sox have stranded 21 runners in their last two losses.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    #ProMagic

vCash
    Wednesday I will be watching...

vCash
    Dunn....might he just be back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Dunn....might he just be back?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey3PbD75cjc

Dunn, Du, Du, Du, Duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn.

vCash
    Beckham has been really good through 3 AAA appearances. We need him ASAP. Problem will be how to play Gillaspie and Keppinger. For the time being I would like to see Gillaspie get the bulk of playing time and have Keppinger sub him when a really tough lefty if pitching.

vCash
    Konerko is worrisome, he has sucked going back to the end of last year. I hope this is just a prolonged slump, but he's 37 and at some point he's going to just be done.

U.S. Cellular Field, where dumb baseball thoughts are embraced.

vCash
    John Danks? He has walked a lot of batters in his rehab starts. It doesn't look that bad in his overall stats but if he comes up and walks the same ratio .... he is going to get lit up. Do they keep him in AAA longer or bring him up? I say keep him in AAA until he finds better control.

vCash
    Konerko is done, maybe he will play next year but not in Chicago.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckleball Rob View Post
    Beckham has been really good through 3 AAA appearances. We need him ASAP. Problem will be how to play Gillaspie and Keppinger. For the time being I would like to see Gillaspie get the bulk of playing time and have Keppinger sub him when a really tough lefty if pitching.
    Beckham and Gillaspie need to be the regulars, along with Alexi. The other dude can suck and play whenever.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash

Boston Red Sox (27-17) @ Chicago White Sox (19-23)

I'm not sure how many starts he has made but I remember them saying 2nd week of June when he started his rehab. So that would still be a 3-4 more starts.

vCash
    Yeah I remember when I wanted Keppinger, it was as a platoon with a guy like Chavez. So platooning him with Gillaspie would be nice.

vCash
    Im not sure what to make out of Konerko tbh. Without looking at the numbers i feel like alot of the times hes awesome for 1 half and awful the other half. So im not sure if thats the case this year or old age has finally caught up to him.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Konerko's past struggles have always been tied to injuries of some sort. He was clearly hurt down the stretch last season, and it was reflected in his performance. Konerko never really opens up about injuries, but I would not be at all surprised if we learn later in the season that Paulie was playing through some kind of significant pain during the early part of this season.

Honestly, I think it would benefit him and the team if he went on the DL and we called up Danks and put Dunner at 1B and Viceido at DH. Konerko has been too talented of a hitter for too long to struggle like this and not be injured, IMO.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BearsBullsCHWS View Post
    Konerko's past struggles have always been tied to injuries of some sort. He was clearly hurt down the stretch last season, and it was reflected in his performance. Konerko never really opens up about injuries, but I would not be at all surprised if we learn later in the season that Paulie was playing through some kind of significant pain during the early part of this season.

Honestly, I think it would benefit him and the team if he went on the DL and we called up Danks and put Dunner at 1B and Viceido at DH. Konerko has been too talented of a hitter for too long to struggle like this and not be injured, IMO.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing through something. But that's thing, at 37 and playing everyday, he may always be playing through some sort of nagging injury. I love Paulie as much as anyone, but time catches up with all players. #ExceptForThatSteroidUsing*****BarryBonds

U.S. Cellular Field, where dumb baseball thoughts are embraced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast