Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

CJ played w/broken fingers in record-breaking season...maybe

Calvin Johnson - WR - Lions
    Calvin Johnson confirms he played through broken fingers last season, and has been "trying to straighten them out."
    There were rumors that Johnson played through as many as three broken fingers, though he hasn't confirmed that number. He will not undergo surgery. Coupled with his knee issues, the disclosure makes Johnson's record-breaking 1,964-yard season all the more mind-boggling. Still four months shy of his 28th birthday, Megatron is smack dab in the middle of his prime. He's without peer at wide receiver.
    Source: Chris McCosky on Twitter May 20 - 10:43 AM
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Did anyone here suspect this during the regular season?

He did not make it a distraction, he offered no excuses. The guy is a flat out stud. I have no doubt he breaks 2000 yards in a single season if his fingers were not broken.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    That coupled with the nerve damage in his arm explains the drops imo, especially with Stafford throwing
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Best player in the NFL.

vCash
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    He just wanted to make it more fair for everyone else. Thanks for that Calvin.

vCash
    Is there a better player in the league though?

Im sure the NFL Network would list Tebow and Tulloch ahead of him, but seriously, who's better than Calvin?

Brady? Rodgers? nah...
    Foster? AP? close, but nope...
    Some O-linemen? nope...
    Gronk, Graham, hell no...
    Watt, Suggs, Matthews, Peppers, Revis? no, no, no, no, no

Calvin is the best player in the NFL, and he broke a record held by one of the greatest to ever play the game. Through their first 6 years:

Calvin 488 receptions - 7836 yards - 54 TDs
    Rice 446 receptions - 7866 yards - 66 TDs

There are some people who say that Rice is the best to ever play the game. He also had HOFers Montana & Young throwing to him.

The difference is Rice did it for a very long time at the highest level possible. For those of us who watch Calvin though, we have no doubt he should be able to keep that dominant level for years to come. His career has been and will continue to be incredibly fun to follow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Is there a better player in the league though?

Im sure the NFL Network would list Tebow and Tulloch ahead of him, but seriously, who's better than Calvin?

Brady? Rodgers? nah...
    Foster? AP? close, but nope...
    Some O-linemen? nope...
    Gronk, Graham, hell no...
    Watt, Suggs, Matthews, Peppers, Revis? no, no, no, no, no

Calvin is the best player in the NFL, and he broke a record held by one of the greatest to ever play the game. Through their first 6 years:

Calvin 488 receptions - 7836 yards - 54 TDs
    Rice 446 receptions - 7866 yards - 66 TDs

There are some people who say that Rice is the best to ever play the game. He also had HOFers Montana & Young throwing to him.

The difference is Rice did it for a very long time at the highest level possible. For those of us who watch Calvin though, we have no doubt he should be able to keep that dominant level for years to come. His career has been and will continue to be incredibly fun to follow!
    If theres anybody in the league that can stay productive for as many years at WR as rice did its def calvin.. Not saying he will, But hes the only one who even has a shot.

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Calvin is like the Shaq of the NFL. Most dominant and imposing with a high level of production.

Rice was a hard worker and perfectionist who probably deserves “best WR” title for the way he carried himself during his long illustrious career.

vCash
    Absolute monster. I expect his TD number to go up a lot this year. With Bush coming in and Broyles maybe paying a full year his yards and catch total will drop though.

vCash
    I heard about this months ago why is this coming out now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I heard about this months ago why is this coming out now?
    Slow season. I thought the same thing.

vCash
    I'm sure you can find posts of mine dating back to December pointing this out to people.

It wasn't exactly unknown that he played through, if I remember right, 5 injuries last season.

Knerve damage, broken fingers, knee problems, and ankle problems.

Don't remember what the 5th one is.

But yeah, if fully healthy his season would have been to the point where no other season in NFL history could even remotely compare.

vCash
    I do remember someone comparing Pettigrew's drops to Calvin's last year. I can't remember who that was but I think we found the reason why...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Did anyone here suspect this during the regular season?

He did not make it a distraction, he offered no excuses. The guy is a flat out stud. I have no doubt he breaks 2000 yards in a single season if his fingers were not broken.
    Not gonna lie, I'd hit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    or go bang your wife
    PSD Lions Forum: Where excellence happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast