Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500

    Anthony Gose coming up


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,349
    vCash
    1500

    Anthony Gose comes up...Micky Storey "gose" down

    Discuss.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,216
    vCash
    1500
    All this move tells me is Melky is probably heading to the DL.


    SWAGUEZ!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    All this move tells me is Melky is probably heading to the DL.
    Or you know Rajai is on the DL, and we have an eight man pen.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    T-dot
    Posts
    10,799
    vCash
    1500
    Hmm

    SO if they do want him to play everyday and Melky plays everyday how does Lind get into the lineup?

    vs RHP

    (S)Melky DH
    (R)Bautista RF
    (R)EE 1B
    (L)Rasmus CF
    (R)Lawrie 3B
    (R)JPA C
    (S)Iztruiz/(S) Bonifacio 2B
    (L)Kawasaki SS
    (L)Gose (LF)

    vs LHP

    (S)Melky DH
    (R)Bautista RF
    (R)EE 1B
    (L)Rasmus CF
    (R)Lawrie 3B
    (R)JPA C
    (S)Iztruiz/(S)Bonifacio 2B
    (L)Kawasaki SS
    (L)Gose (LF)

    Like realistically you are not going to bench Rasmus against RHP. So your only options to get Lind/Rasmus/Gose in the lineup is a rotating CF/LF rotation and Lind can only play LF if absolutely necessary.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON
    Posts
    15,437
    vCash
    1500
    The offense has been the problem of late...Sierra is hitting...Gose isn't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    T-dot
    Posts
    10,799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    All this move tells me is Melky is probably heading to the DL.
    Then they wouldnt have sent down Storey.


    This is for Melky to DH and get him off the field and with Davis not available they need someone to play LF.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,619
    vCash
    1500
    This makes no sense
    2013

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    T-dot
    Posts
    10,799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Hmm

    SO if they do want him to play everyday and Melky plays everyday how does Lind get into the lineup?

    vs RHP

    (S)Melky DH
    (R)Bautista RF
    (R)EE 1B
    (L)Rasmus CF
    (R)Lawrie 3B
    (R)JPA C
    (S)Iztruiz/(S) Bonifacio 2B
    (L)Kawasaki SS
    (L)Gose (LF)

    vs LHP

    (S)Melky DH
    (R)Bautista RF
    (R)EE 1B
    (L)Rasmus CF
    (R)Lawrie 3B
    (R)JPA C
    (S)Iztruiz/(S)Bonifacio 2B
    (L)Kawasaki SS
    (L)Gose (LF)

    Like realistically you are not going to bench Rasmus against RHP. So your only options to get Lind/Rasmus/Gose in the lineup is a rotating CF/LF rotation and Lind can only play LF if absolutely necessary.

    So it looks like Gose is not going to be an everyday player so lineup stays the same.

    vs RHP

    (S)Melky LF
    (R)Bautista RF
    (R)EE 1B
    (L)Lind (DH)
    (R)Lawrie 3B
    (L)Rasmus (CF)
    (R)JPA C
    (S)Iztruiz/(S) Bonifacio 2B
    (L)Kawasaki SS


    vs LHP

    (S)Melky DH
    (R)Bautista RF
    (R)EE 1B
    (R) JPA C
    (R)Lawrie 3B
    (L) Rasmus CF
    (S)Iztruiz 2B
    (L)Kawasaki SS
    (S)Bonifacio (LF)

    So when Davis comes off the DL Gose goes down Davis plays LF against LHP and Bonifacio returns to the bench which will consist of Bonifacio, Blanco, Derosa, Lind/Davis.
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 05-20-2013 at 11:02 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TO
    Posts
    9,550
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    The offense has been the problem of late...Sierra is hitting...Gose isn't.
    Ya IMO Gose doesn't deserve a call up yet. Sierra makes more sense, cus he earned playing time. Teams put too much stock into the top prospect thing.

    Wish we called up Negrych and release Kawasaki. Can't stand that guy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,911
    vCash
    1500
    Did they not say just a week ago that Gose was still not ready but was working on it or some **** like that and now he's here. Have enough guys who can swing and miss the ball.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,619
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    Ya IMO Gose doesn't deserve a call up yet. Sierra makes more sense, cus he earned playing time. Teams put too much stock into the top prospect thing.

    Wish we called up Negrych and release Kawasaki. Can't stand that guy.
    Well that's not the problem, who gives a **** who earned what? It's about who can help the team win right now, and right now I can't imagine how Gose would be a better fit than Sierra.
    2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON
    Posts
    15,437
    vCash
    1500
    How many runs a game was Melky's D costing the team? There have been a few misplayed balls but for the most part his injury hasn't hampered the team too much. That suggests to me that any call-up should have been an offense first call-up, not defense. Gose is hitting .227/.343/.325 against AAA pitching, and you've got him playing a position which minimizes his defensive value, negating his range AND his arm. The fit is just terrible right now. Are you really going to put Gose, Kawasaki, Izturis, Bonifacio, Blanco in the lineup on a regular basis? That's 5 guys on your team that are essentially sub .600 OPS players. On a struggling offense?!? Better than the 8-man pen though, amiright?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,911
    vCash
    1500
    Well if he's coming it ain't to sit on the bench or this would be really stupid. So he goes to LF and between him and Boni we have 2 guys who are really really fast, but just can't get on base to show it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,188
    vCash
    1500
    Dont like this at all. Melky is in LF today ......your not gonna DH Melky and put Gose in LF cuz that takes away Lind whos been our best guy at getting on base. Would have much rathered Sierra . Gose needs to get abs and develope more


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •