Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Our first Howard rumor of the summer: Houston Rockets

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ts/2013/05/19/

the big fish in Los Angeles this summer is Dwight Howard, who becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Howard has said multiple times that he expects to take some time to make his decision, but a new report from Ken Berger of CBS Sports states that while Los Angeles is still a possibility for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year, itís the Houston Rockets that are intriguing him now.

With six weeks to go before Howard becomes an unrestricted free agent, the team that is said to intrigue him the most is the Houston Rockets, according to multiple people briefed on internal conversations surrounding Howardís free-agent decision. The Rockets have a young star, James Harden, who has proved himself worthy of playing the leading role for the franchise; a budding 3-point shooting threat in Chandler Parsons; a defensive-minded coach in Kevin McHale; and Omer Asik, the kind of 7-footer Howard is believed to want next to him in the frontcourt.
    This certainly isnít what the Lakers want to hear.

Still, if thereís one thing we know about Howard and where he intends on playing, itís that there will be a whole lot of rumors before a decision is actually made. For now, this is the latest news, and weíll wait and see what he has in store for us.

Welcome to the Dwightmare 2.0, Los Angeles. Be sure to bring a friend.

vCash
    Same old stuff.

vCash
    Not really Dwightmare. He is going to do whatever is best for him.

vCash
    I want him to stay, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If he leaves, I can't blame him; we have one of the worst GM / owner combos in the entire league.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure it's more of a media speculation without any internal source.

I want him to stay but if he leaves, he's still replaceable while Kobe is not.

vCash
    It's just the first of many rumors/media speculations and/or "sources" to come this summer. Especially the closer we get to July.

vCash
    I mean of course any team WANTS the big name to stay, but I won't sulk over it. He didn't show me much to actually miss him. I feel like next summer COULD be epic. Whoever doesn't want A part in that, good luck. If he wants small market Houston go ahead. Large markets can bear tax hits better than small markets. It's just gonna be harden, Lin, Howard, and asik. And the rest of the vet min guys that are basically Miami heat scraps.

vCash
    I'm with Handle on this. If he stays, which I want him to, cool. If he leaves, meh, at least the headache is over with his antics on and off the court.

What I don't understand about Houston is that he loses money, and I will guarantee his role on offense is less than it would be with LA.

Harden, Parsons, Lin and their shooters put up shots. It's essentially Orlando, but with a perimeter player (Harden, who is a very good player) who is gonna put up 15-20 shots per game, plus a ton of free throws.

vCash
    If we can pull Thomas, Beverley, Delfino and a couple of 1st rd draft picks...Keep Gasol at Center...
    Let him go...
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    I get why he'd choose the Rockets from a personal perspective. No pressure to win there... like at all.

If he walks from LA, his image takes yet another hit. I'll be at Staples when Houston comes to town if this dude leaves. He gonna get it lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    I mean of course any team WANTS the big name to stay, but I won't sulk over it. He didn't show me much to actually miss him. I feel like next summer COULD be epic. Whoever doesn't want A part in that, good luck. If he wants small market Houston go ahead. Large markets can bear tax hits better than small markets. It's just gonna be harden, Lin, Howard, and asik. And the rest of the vet min guys that are basically Miami heat scraps.
    Let's just all forget getting big names. Look at Indiana and Memphis - no big names. Lakers fate lies on the coach. For as along as DAntoni is the coach, Lakers is doomed. Telling you if DAntoni coached the quadruple stars of 2004 - Kobe, Shaq, Karl, Gary - Lakers would end up fighting for a spot in the playoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    If we can pull Thomas, Beverley, Delfino and a couple of 1st rd draft picks...Keep Gasol at Center...
    Let him go...
    agree! Add Stephenson of Pacers, Nate Robinson, George Hill.

vCash
    Show his *** the door!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's more of a media speculation without any internal source.

I want him to stay but if he leaves, he's still replaceable while Kobe is not.

dont fool yourself.

there is NO replacemente for the best player at his position.

and don tput too much stock on kobe, his injury , at his age its a real problem.

vCash
    I find it hard to believe that Dwight is going to leave LA for Houston first and foremost. Secondly, he said he's doing what's best for him. Thus, he isn't going to pass up on an extra year and $30 million if and when he re-signs with the Lakers. Most of all, Houston is still not a better team than the LA Lakers albeit being more young and athletic. I just can't see this guy packing his bags and taking his talents to Houston, or any other city for that matter.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast