Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will Shumpert breakout in 2014?

There is one bright spot in the midst of the heartbreaking end to our season, Iman Shumpert. The 22 year old SG/SF has great potential, he's already a top notch perimeter defender. However, offensively he has room for improvement. On the bright side, he looks to have improved his jumper (especially from 3), although he has been inconsistent.

Iman is a work horse, he works his *** off and has a will to win and be great that not every player has (ala JR Smith) Shump will also have his 1st full offseason as an NBA player to prepare for the season and practice his craft (before his rookie season was the lockout, and last season he was hurt).

With all that said I feel like there is a very good chance Shump comes back next season to have a breakout year starting at the 2. Around 15 a game, with top notch defense seems very doable imo. Thoughts? Do you think Iman will/can breakout next year?

KNICKSTAPE!!!

vCash
    Let me just say that I am extremely impressed with him. Jimmy Butler can suck my dick, Shump came back from an ACL and looks like this already? Wait 'till next year, Jimmy won't be getting any "Buckets" on Iman.

He needs to work on his dribble and penetration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    Let me just say that I am extremely impressed with him. Jimmy Butler can suck my dick, Shump came back from an ACL and looks like this already? Wait 'till next year, Jimmy won't be getting any "Buckets" on Iman.

Amen to this!

erghhh, Iman to this*

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post

Why bring Jimmy Butler up? Jimmy Butler was fantastic this year. I like Shump but I'm worried about him being able to stay healthy. Game 4 his knee was hurting. I think he has a huge upside but we need depth and better pure shooting from the SG/SF spot.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash

Will Shumpert breakout in 2014?

Yes he will and he needs to be starting at sg.

vCash
    Shumpert truly has an offseason to improve his game. I cant wait to see how he does next year. I can see a Chandler Parsons type-breakout campaign from him.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    He needs to finish better at the rim, that's what's holding him back.

his 3 pt shot really impressed me this year

vCash
    If Shump moves his game to the next level, we might be competitive in the Eastern Conference. My beef with Shump (and I know he's recovering) is what appears to be his inconsistency with finishing at the rim.

We thought JR was it, but we need a player that gets to the line, with consistency. I'm hoping Shump can be that player.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I'm a big fan of Shumpert's but just remember that teams put their power foward on Iman so their small foward can guard Melo. He has no choice butto take advantage of that and he let the Pacers get away with putting West on him too much.

vCash
    why you hatin on jimmy? you saw him guarding lebron last series

vCash
    agree he needs to get better finishing at the rim. maybe bulking up a little can help with that.

I also noticed in these playoffs is that he is sometimes very hesitant when he gets the ball to make a move. Im not sure but maybe this is just the iso-knicks mentalitly to catch-wait-move.

vCash
    I think he'll be a 13 & 4 guy next year, maybe more if JR doesn't come back.

vCash
    I'm not gonna be too harsh on Iman because he did come back from one of the worst injuries in sports and still put up a ridiculous heartfelt performance.

All he needs to do is develop a Harden-esque tenacity for driving to the rim. There's no way a team should be able to put David West's lumbering *** on you if you're a mega-athletic shooting guard and not pay for it. Shump should work on his handles and taking it to the rim with authority this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I think he'll be a 13 & 4 guy next year, maybe more if JR doesn't come back.
    LOL Also factoring into the equation: Shump has a better chance of breaking out if J.R. doesn't eat up 40 minutes a night.

vCash
    He's a stud sg to me talent wise and if never injured he'd of already broken out ..

He has more potential and him coming back from his injury just shows how hard and determined he is to be good / how hard he works ..and his showing I game 6 he became our #2 player .. Not 100$ stat not stud D TC not 6th man of the year... But Shump. ..

I would love to keep him lose Stat and with melo +Shump , a good rookie and some fillers plus TC and (you know rest of team lol ) ..we'd be better off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast