Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wheeler TDA Flores Montero Leathersich

My only five reasons to watch this year when Harvey doesn't start is when these five guys make their debuts. Can anyone update us on how Flores and Leathersich are doing this year? Anyone excelling on the farm? Is Puello, GVaughn, Nimmo and Cecchini doing well? We need some good news!
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    My only five reasons to watch this year when Harvey doesn't start is when these five guys make their debuts. Can anyone update us on how Flores and Leathersich are doing this year? Anyone excelling on the farm? Is Puello, GVaughn, Nimmo and Cecchini doing well? We need some good news!
    Prospect thread
    Minor League thread(s)

milb.com
    baseballamerica.com
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I understand why you would direct him to a website and he probably appreciates it, but why couldn't you just answer his query? Are you so busy ? It would have been a nice gesture on your part. You post here so much anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Since my 2 friends are too busy to answer your question I will as to your inquiry.

Flores- in 40 games he is hitting .271, 3 HRS, 26 RBIs, SOs 16, BB 13 OPS .750

Montero - 4-3 with a 3.47 ERA, .099 WHIP, 54 SOs, 6 BB, in 46 innings

Leathersich- in 17 innings, he is 1-0, ERA 2.06, 1.36 WHIP, 33 SOS , 12 BB

Puello in 32 games, he is hitting .292, 5 HRS , 24 RBIs and OBS of .864

Nimmo in 23 games, is hitting .322 with 1HR and 11 RBIs OBS of .854

I have no idea where Cecchini is playing, if he is at all. Maybe our 2 buddies can elighten us.
    Last edited by NY Sports Fan; 05-19-2013 at 04:36 AM.

vCash
    Flores numbers are definitely underwhelming. I dont see how some people want to stick this kid at First Base this year.

vCash
    Cecchini is playing in Brooklyn. His season doesn't start for another month.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Cecchini is going to suck he is a horrible baseball player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Cecchini is going to suck he is a horrible baseball player
    I dunno about Horrible but they def could of done alot better with that pick. I've heard some fans say he is going to be David Wright 2.0.

vCash
    LOL, some of the stuff people say is just too funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    I understand why you would direct him to a website and he probably appreciates it, but why couldn't you just answer his query? Are you so busy ? It would have been a nice gesture on your part. You post here so much anyway.
    But that wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

YS, that was a great response.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    But that wouldn't have been nearly as funny.

YS, that was a great response.

vCash
    For starters, all Cecchini has to do to become a great pick is become an average MLB Shortstop. The Rays drafted Tim Beckham number 1 overall a fews years ago and he couldn't even do that. Lets give the guy a chance. I'll touch on the players asked about in the topic, but also others we have a chance at seeing between September 1st and Spring Training next year.

To put some current players numbers in to context:

Flores- in 40 games he is hitting .271, 3 HRS, 26 RBIs, SOs 16, BB 13 OPS .750

Montero - 4-3 with a 3.47 ERA, .099 WHIP, 54 SOs, 6 BB, in 46 innings

Leathersich- in 17 innings, he is 1-0, ERA 2.06, 1.36 WHIP, 33 SOS , 12 BB

Puello in 32 games, he is hitting .292, 5 HRS , 24 RBIs and OBS of .864

Nimmo in 23 games, is hitting .322 with 1HR and 11 RBIs OBS of .854
    Flores has been steady all year. No hot streaks, no cold streaks, just steady. Can't complain with that considering he is learning a new position as one of the youngest players in the PCL.

Montero started out Harvey like, before hitting short struggle, and is now pitching slightly above average. If he doesn't get to above average again, then my guess is Mazzoni gets the call to Double A when Wheeler gets called up.

Leathersich has monster K numbers, but continues to walk the world. Until that stops, he will not be our next Pedro Felciano.

Puello started slow, but has come on strong. He still has not improved his walk rate, but he got his average over 300 today. If he keeps this up, then he is next in line for the MLB Carousel Outfield after den Dekker.

I ran out of numbers to base these next few players on so you are just going to have to trust me.

Vaughn is right behind Puello. He has been a little more steady through the year, and while he strikes out like Puello, he at least walks. The fact that he can play a good Corner Outfield doesn't hurt his case for being right behind Puello in line. I'd say Vaughns proven power in the past may get him the nod before Puello, while Puello improves his plate discipline. Vaughn also eats lefties, which can prove more valuable.

Tovar has started to hit and is our only viable replacement defensively for Tejada. While it is nothing to be happy about considering there are no power numbers, all the guy has to do it bring his average up to be an early call up much like Tejada was and Anderson Hernandez was a few years ago.

Synderrgard has dominated. If things go as the Mets probably hope, then expect the dominos for Wheelers call up to look like: Wheeler, Montero, Synder, and Lara all moving up a level.

Nimmo put up great numbers, then hit a terrible slump, then went on the DL. I don't remember reading a single report linking the injury to his slump though. So who knows? Either way, his numbers are excellent considering he is young for his level.

Aderlin Rodriguez has been on a tear as of late in High A. Considering the B-Mets have nothing to brag about at 1st Base, I'd expect a mid season call up here.

With Aderlin getting called up to Double A, expect Boyd to get an even more deserving promotion to High A.

Kevin Plawecki deserves a promotion to High A as much as Wheeler deserves his call to the MLB.

If Wilfredo Tovar somehow gets called up to Triple A, then Matt Reynolds has a small chance at getting called to Double A. Like Flores, Reynolds has been steady - no hot streaks, no cold streaks, and nothing special with the numbers, but he does play Shortstop.
    Last edited by mhschiefs97; 05-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post
    For starters, all Cecchini has to do to become a great pick is become an average MLB Shortstop. The Rays drafted Tim Beckham number 1 overall a fews years ago and he couldn't even do that. Lets give the guy a chance. I'll touch on the players asked about in the topic, but also others we have a chance at seeing between September 1st and Spring Training next year.

To put some current players numbers in to context:

Flores has been steady all year. No hot streaks, no cold streaks, just steady. Can't complain with that considering he is learning a new position as one of the youngest players in the PCL.

Montero started out Harvey like, before hitting short struggle, and is now pitching slightly above average. If he doesn't get to above average again, then my guess is Mazzoni gets the call to Double A when Wheeler gets called up.

Leathersich has monster K numbers, but continues to walk the world. Until that stops, he will not be our next Pedro Felciano.

Puello started slow, but has come on strong. He still has not improved his walk rate, but he got his average over 300 today. If he keeps this up, then he is next in line for the MLB Carousel Outfield after den Dekker.

I ran out of numbers to base these next few players on so you are just going to have to trust me.

Vaughn is right behind Puello. He has been a little more steady through the year, and while he strikes out like Puello, he at least walks. The fact that he can play a good Corner Outfield doesn't hurt his case for being right behind Puello in line. I'd say Vaughns proven power in the past may get him the nod before Puello, while Puello improves his plate discipline. Vaughn also eats lefties, which can prove more valuable.

Tovar has started to hit and is our only viable replacement defensively for Tejada. While it is nothing to be happy about considering there are no power numbers, all the guy has to do it bring his average up to be an early call up much like Tejada was and Anderson Hernandez was a few years ago.

Synderrgard has dominated. If things go as the Mets probably hope, then expect the dominos for Wheelers call up to look like: Wheeler, Montero, Synder, and Lara all moving up a level.

Nimmo put up great numbers, then hit a terrible slump, then went on the DL. I don't remember reading a single report linking the injury to his slump though. So who knows? Either way, his numbers are excellent considering he is young for his level.

Aderlin Rodriguez has been on a tear as of late. Considering the B-Mets have nothing to brag about at 1st Base, I'd expect a mid season call up here.

With Aderlin getting called up to Double A, expect Boyd to get an even more deserving promotion to High A.

Kevin Plawecki deserves a promotion to High A as much as Wheeler deserves his call to the MLB.

If Wilfredo Tovar somehow gets called up to Triple A, then Matt Reynolds has a small chance at getting called to Double A. Like Flores, Reynolds has been steady - no hot streaks, no cold streaks, and nothing special with the numbers, but he does play Shortstop.
    Thanks for this!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Nimmo had a bruised hand, he should be back in the lineup in the next couple of days.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast