Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Seth Curry to the Warriors?

I see most mock drafts have Seth Curry going undrafted. What do you think are the chances the Warriors would pick him up for training camp & see if he can make the roster as a Kent Bazemore type if not develop in our D-League?

vCash
    You're joking, right? He's a shooter just like Steph, and Dell. Seth is actually hurting because he's a 6'2 shooting guard. He's compared to Daniel Gibson...nothing like Kent Bazemore, as he is a 6'5 athletic defender.

Or did you mean make the team undrafted like Kent Bazemore? Either way, I don't know if it's such a good idea to pick him up.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Oh and, some team will take a chance on him.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    You're joking, right? He's a shooter just like Steph, and Dell. Seth is actually hurting because he's a 6'2 shooting guard. He's compared to Daniel Gibson...nothing like Kent Bazemore, as he is a 6'5 athletic defender.

Or did you mean make the team undrafted like Kent Bazemore? Either way, I don't know if it's such a good idea to pick him up.
    I agree nothing like Bazemore, I like Bazemore a lot great talent. Just meant make the team the same way. What's the harm of inviting him to camp? Lets keep our star happy by giving his lil bro a shot.

vCash
    Great PR move lol we saw what they did with Lin. But... I give Seth zero chance of going undrafted. His dad was an NBA player and his brother is a perennial superstar. Some team will take a chance on him and hope lightning strikes twice.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Is he entering the draft this year? But I agree with shock, someone will take a chance on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SugeKnight View Post
    Is he entering the draft this year? But I agree with shock, someone will take a chance on him.
    I don't think he will get drafted, definitely a team will pick him up though. He's ranked depending on the source between #70 at best to #95 worst player on the draft board & with only 2 round only 64 players get picked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SugeKnight View Post
    I don't think he will get drafted, definitely a team will pick him up though. He's ranked depending on the source between #70 at best to #95 worst player on the draft board & with only 2 round only 64 players get picked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Great PR move lol we saw what they did with Lin. But... I give Seth zero chance of going undrafted. His dad was an NBA player and his brother is a perennial superstar. Some team will take a chance on him and hope lightning strikes twice.

vCash
    Great PR move though and I have heard rumors that we might be trading Bazemore with Jefferson or Biedrins for virtually nothing just to clear cap. So basically a team will pay $11million for Jefferson or Andres contract to get a talented player like Bazemore with lots of potential. Would open up then a 3rd SG spot for the Warriors. At the very least we should bring him in as he needs time to develop in the DLeague.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaSportF@n View Post
    Great PR move though and I have heard rumors that we might be trading Bazemore with Jefferson or Biedrins for virtually nothing just to clear cap. So basically a team will pay $11million for Jefferson or Andres contract to get a talented player like Bazemore with lots of potential. Would open up then a 3rd SG spot for the Warriors. At the very least we should bring him in as he needs time to develop in the DLeague.
    I dont think thats how it works. If we make a trade this offseason, it has no effect on how much cap room we have this season and won't help us re-sign Landry or Jack (unless theres some loophole to trade for a retired player or something). It may save a few thousand though because the contracts have to be within a certain percentage of the contract amount we send out. The best way to clear cap space the fastest is to hang on to Biedrins and RJ and let them expire next season.

Although I think we will trade one of RJ and Biedrins for a backup PG or PF because its almost impossible to keep both with no cap space although we do have the MLE we can use on one.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    I dont think thats how it works. If we make a trade this offseason, it has no effect on how much cap room we have this season and won't help us re-sign Landry or Jack (unless theres some loophole to trade for a retired player or something). It may save a few thousand though because the contracts have to be within a certain percentage of the contract amount we send out. The best way to clear cap space the fastest is to hang on to Biedrins and RJ and let them expire next season.

Although I think we will trade one of RJ and Biedrins for a backup PG or PF because its almost impossible to keep both with no cap space although we do have the MLE we can use on one.
    that's only true if the team we're trading with are also over the cap if they have the room to take on the contracts we can trade them for a bag of penuts but we should be able to get a few nice pieces for our expirings
    Last edited by Raider0510; 05-19-2013 at 10:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider0510 View Post
    that's only true if the team we're trading with are also over the cap if they have the room to take on the contracts we can trade them for a bag of penuts but we should be able to get a few nice pieces for our expirings
    Oh yeah my bad forgot about that. It will be hard to find a team to take Biedrins or RJ for nothing though because we dont have draft picks either.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    it's not so hard because they will be expiring.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast