Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What do we do with Feldman?

He's signed to a 1 year contract. He's one of the best pitchers in the national league right now. Obviously, he's performing above anybody's expectations, and regression should be expected, but I thought he was a much better pitcher than he showed in that band box in Texas.

Will Theo sell high here at the deadline, or try to extend Feldman and make him apart of the teams future?

vCash
    Sell high as you possibly can. He's 30 and could net us something a lot more young and valuable to add to our core. Just look at what Maholm got us last year.

vCash
    Sell high if they could. But if not I would not be disappointed if they were able to sign him for a 3 year deal. They are going to need 5 starters next year. If they can fill it with guys they already have then that is a spot they dont have to fill with free agents. Shark, Jackson, Wood, Feldman would not be bad. And that would allow them to deal Garza and Villanueva if they wanted.

vCash

What do we do with Feldman?

Well he was signed in hopes that he could pitch well to be flipped....so easy decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazm View Post
    Well he was signed in hopes that he could pitch well to be flipped....so easy decision
    this hence the one year deal also

vCash
    Think Paul Maholm. May not get as much due to not having a team option option, but you never know.

vCash
    Yeah Paul Maholm like deal should be the goal with him, unless we can ink him to like a 3 yr 21-24 million dollar deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Yeah Paul Maholm like deal should be the goal with him, unless we can ink him to like a 3 yr 21-24 million dollar deal.
    Agreed. They did sign him to flip him. I get that. But sometimes things do not always go according to plans. And Feldman better than expected would be a nice reason to change plans.

vCash
    If we sneak back up to .500, you hold him to play it out.

More likely, you trade him. I don't see much reason to extend. Sell high. The team-friendly option was a big part of Maholm's trade value, though. You aren't getting as much for Feldman.
    Last edited by KyleJRM; 05-18-2013 at 03:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    Sell high as you possibly can. He's 30 and could net us something a lot more young and valuable to add to our core. Just look at what Maholm got us last year.
    Unfortunately, Maholm had more than 2-3 months of team control ahead of him, making him much more valuable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

More likely, you trade him. I don't see much reason to extend. Sell high. The team-friendly option was a big part of Maholm's trade value, though. You aren't getting as much for Feldman.
    Guess it depends on your opinion of next year's team. Personally I believe they can contend next year and believe that is their plan. So, Feldman would make a difference next year. But for the most part, I agree they should see what they can get for him. If the offers are not that great then extend him 3/$24 maybe.

vCash
    Feldman+Dejesus to the Royals for their competitive balance pick, Yordona Ventura and Miguel Almonte. Make happen it happen Theo/Jed.

vCash

Eh, I think that depends very much on how Feldman's numbers look at that point. If his numbers look like Dempster's did at the trade deadline (like they do now) then you can probably pull off something similar there. And if they are somewhere inbetween Dempster and Maholm you can probably get close to Maholm-value. But if they're similar to Maholm then yeah, no way you're getting that much value out of him. Desperate people do some strange things though. So I wouldn't be shocked if he's playing well and someone massively overpays for him.

Right now if he pitches like he should be we should expect him to allow about 32 runs over 72 innings by the trade deadline. That's a 4.00ERA pitcher. But his overall numbers with him pitching like that would look very nice, his ERA would be about 3.20 in 121 innings. So we could probably sell him pretty high to someone.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Feldman+Dejesus to the Royals for their competitive balance pick, Yordona Ventura and Miguel Almonte. Make happen it happen Theo/Jed.
    Unless things go pretty badly in the next two weeks, we shouldn't be selling before the draft.

vCash
    Unless things go pretty badly in the next two weeks, we shouldn't be selling before the draft.
    For that package, I'm willing to forgo a very small chance at the playoffs. Then again, I'm tremendously high on Ventura being a special pitcher. I'd take him well ahead of Zimmer.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast