Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit Lions

8 72.73%
  • Green Bay Packers

3 27.27%
    vCash

MATCH 6: Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers

The 1st round matchup we've all been waiting for, the Detroit Lions catch their division rival Green Bay Packers in a tough road contest.

The skies are clear, nice weather on tap, so snow won't be the issue, stopping Aaron Rodgers will be. With a new pass rush & revamped secondary, Nick Fairley & Ndamukong Suh look to wreak havoc on the Packers' O-line. On offense, the presence of Reggie Bush should be enough to keep Clay Matthews out of the backfield long enough for Stafford to get the ball to the best player in the NFL, Calvin Johnson.

The road to the title starts in GB for the Lions!

Vote now!

vCash
    Ziggy, fairley & suh eat Rogers in the first quarter, their back only throws for 450 yards, staffy wins it on a two minute game winning drive to cj in the corner of the end zone.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I was going to vote legit and say the Packers but I saw that everyone else said **** it go Lions, so I did too.

vCash
    I voted legit

vCash
    I voted legit
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I'm neither drunk, nor high. So I voted Green Bay.

Whole bunch of confused homers in this poll.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Homers.

vCash
    Lets check out the breakdown. On paper how do these teams stack up?

QB: Stafford vs Rodgers = Packers. Stafford is a good QB, but Rodgers is elite.

RB: Bush/Leshoure vs E.Lacy(r)/J.Franklin(r) = Lions. Easy.

TE: Pettigrew/Scheffler vs J.Finley = tie. Grew & Finley have both shown flashes and have been given lots of opportunities, but neither one has stepped it up to stardom.

WR: Calvin/Broyles/Burleson vs Nelson/Cobb/Jones = Lions. GB has great depth, but Calvin Johnson is the best player in the NFL today. I think Rodgers would make even Moss & Owens look great. Thats how good of a QB he is. Not to take away from the GB receivers, but thats why Calvin still gets the nod in this one.

OL: Reiff/Sims/Raiola/Warford(r)/Fox vs Newhouse/Lang/Dietrich-Smith/Siton/Bulaga = tie. Nobody is worried about either line.

DE: Ziggy(r)/Jones vs D.Jones(r)/R.Pickett = tie. Both teams are pairing a vet with a rookie. Personally, I think Ziggy is gonna explode on this D-Line, but until he does, its a tie.

DT: Suh/Fairley vs BJ Raji = Lions. Fairley might be better than Suh, and Suh is awesome. Raji is no slouch. He's one of the best at his position, but this category is like the QB category. One side is just too good.

LB: Levy/Tulloch/Palmer vs C.Matthews/Hawk/Bishop/Perry = Packers. No doubt.

CB: Houston/Slay vs T.Williams/S.Shields = Packers. Slay is unproven, and the Packers corners are solid.

S: Delmas/Quin vs M.Burnett/McMillian = tie. Burnett is awesome, but I really know nothing about this McMillian guy. Burnett would get the nod just by himself, but a healthy Delmas/Quin combo is a top ten safety combo in the NFL.

So there you have it. When you lay it out like that, its not a landslide Packers win at all. The past is the past. On paper, this is a great matchup. Rodgers, Matthews & Burnett can take over a game. But so can Suh/Fairley & Stafford/Calvin. No one would be surprised if the season series ended up 1-1.

Voting for the Lions is not being a homer.
    Last edited by whooligun; 05-30-2013 at 10:55 AM.

vCash
    Lions are not going to get any respect until they win.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion