Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raps Interview Muhammad and CoZeller

The Toronto Raptors’ entire front office was in Chicago at the NBA Draft Combine to evaluate the 2013 draft class.

UCLA’s Shabazz Muhammad interviewed with the Raptors and several other teams on Wednesday night. Muhammad is a 6-foot-6, 20 year old freshman that averaged 17.9 points (44.3% FG | 37.7% 3PT | 71.1% FT) and 5.2 rebounds in 30.8 minutes per game. Both DraftExpress and NBAdraft.net currently have him going 10th to the Portland Trail Blazers.
    They have also interviewed Cody Zeller, a 7-foot center out of Indiana. The 20 year old sophomore averaged 16.5 points (56.2% FG | 75.7% FT) and 8.1 rebounds in 29.5 minutes per game. DraftExpress currently has him going ninth to the Minnesota Timberwolves, while NBAdraft.net has him going fourth to the Phoenix Suns.
    Link: http://o.canada.com/2013/05/16/rapto...draft-combine/

Adversaree & Phat Tony Present: Super Emcee

GameBreaker aka Adversaree aka Anakin Slangwalker:PioneerGang
    http://adversareepioneergangmusic.ba...-barz-sinister
    Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKvth...ture=g-all-lik

vCash
    maybe were trying to get a late lotery pick

vCash
    could be looking at a pick but its most likely they are just preparing for the draft incase. There job is to be prepared for the draft and look at the prospects whether they have a pick or not. Wouldn't mind them trading for a pick to use on Giannis K (keep forgetting his last name). Needs another year or two overseas but interesting prospect.

vCash
    Probably flirting with the possibility of trading for a late lottery and having some info on potential players available.

vCash
    Meh,

My take is the raps have 20 interview possibilities and are preparing for the small chance they win one if the three top spots to keep the pick. It's the first day and not many of the top players would give the priority to the raps chances.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if BC has been given the task of cleaning up Bargnani before the end of the year. He is the one who has been working that deal for a year now. Might as well finish the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Meh,

My take is the raps have 20 interview possibilities and are preparing for the small chance they win one if the three top spots to keep the pick. It's the first day and not many of the top players would give the priority to the raps chances.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if BC has been given the task of cleaning up Bargnani before the end of the year. He is the one who has been working that deal for a year now. Might as well finish the job.
    If we could flip Bargs into a late 1st I'd be pretty happy.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    If Bargnani was flipped for a second round pic I'd be ecstatic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    maybe were trying to get a late lotery pick
    Zeller & Mohammad are not late lottery. Both are around the #9 pick (Minny). A team, reported willing to trade their pick.

Zeller - has post game.

From draft express - Muhammad's style of play is highly unconventional, as he rarely scores in isolation or pick and roll settings in the half-court, seeing just 6% of his offense in these situations. Instead, he gets most of his points leaking out in transition, moving off the ball, as a spot-up shooter, posting up relentlessly, crashing the offensive glass, and coming off short curls in the mid-range area where he's only forced to put the ball on the floor once or twice to get all the way to the basket.

From the perimeter, Muhammad has been better than advertised this season, as his reputation coming out of high school was that of a non-shooter. He's very good with his feet set as a catch and shoot threat, making 40% of his jumpers in this situation, which renders him a legit floor-spacer,

Generally speaking, Muhammad is not the most intense player you'll find defensively. His energy level is highly dependent on how he's faring on the other end of the court. When he misses a shot or doesn't touch the ball on a given possession he can be slow to get back on defense, and his lateral quickness appears to be just average on top of that. When Muhammad is dialed in, he can be extremely effective, though, as his combination of length, strength and aggressiveness allow him to make some very impressive plays contesting shots on the perimeter or challenging opponents inside the paint. If he can find a way to stay aggressive on every possession, there's no reason why he can't become at least a solid defender in the NBA.

Mohammad - potential, off ball, defensive, 3 point SG, who can be a go to scorer.

Minny (Ridinour + #9) for ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    If Bargnani was flipped for a second round pic I'd be ecstatic.
    Other than salary relief, Bargnani is most likely a better player than any player in those two situations.

I don't know if BC or the new GM will do anything. the roster has to be reevaluated before making a move. Lets be honest, its not the worst idea to keep him. He becomes the scoring option we can get off of the bench and spreads the floor.

yes i still believe if Bargnani buys into the system and the 'fans' back off of him - and people keep saying he would make a great 2nd or 3rd option - this team would be in great shape next year - healthy of course. We don't need him to rebound at the rate we need him to be at since Gay is here.

ya, i'm not the biggest Bargnani fan, but looking long term into the next season, if we're not getting Millsap or Jefferson, i don't see any other big spreading the floor consistently for us on the open market.

vCash
    On the other, they can't afford to have another lost season, as Love has expressed frustration with the lack of progress he has seen from the front office. So, what's the plan in Minnesota?

The Wolves took a chance on Brandon Roy, That's $5.1 million more sitting out extended periods of time for the Wolves

The roster anatomy on Minnesota isn't pretty, either, as they are currently paying three point guards $12.1 million this season (Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barea, and Luke Ridnour). Ridnour, however, is mentally preparing to be traded before the deadline passes

Adding established players as opposed to two or three draft picks could be a start to finding an identity.

Is there a right deal for the Wolves? They're definitely searching, reportedly dangling draft picks and Luke Ridnour to try and balance out the roster a bit more.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/1...nikola-pekovic

vCash
    What I know about Minny is they either want Gasol to pair with Rubio, which would involve Bargnani or a proven SG, which would involve DeRozan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    On the other, they can't afford to have another lost season, as Love has expressed frustration with the lack of progress he has seen from the front office. So, what's the plan in Minnesota?

The Wolves took a chance on Brandon Roy, That's $5.1 million more sitting out extended periods of time for the Wolves

The roster anatomy on Minnesota isn't pretty, either, as they are currently paying three point guards $12.1 million this season (Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barea, and Luke Ridnour). Ridnour, however, is mentally preparing to be traded before the deadline passes

Adding established players as opposed to two or three draft picks could be a start to finding an identity.

Is there a right deal for the Wolves? They're definitely searching, reportedly dangling draft picks and Luke Ridnour to try and balance out the roster a bit more.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/2/1...nikola-pekovic
    S&T Alan Anderson (or whatever deal) for Ridnour. Keep Telfair as 3rd string. Sign Earl Clark as the backup SF full MLE.

iono just some ideas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Other than salary relief, Bargnani is most likely a better player than any player in those two situations.

I don't know if BC or the new GM will do anything. the roster has to be reevaluated before making a move. Lets be honest, its not the worst idea to keep him. He becomes the scoring option we can get off of the bench and spreads the floor.

yes i still believe if Bargnani buys into the system and the 'fans' back off of him - and people keep saying he would make a great 2nd or 3rd option - this team would be in great shape next year - healthy of course. We don't need him to rebound at the rate we need him to be at since Gay is here.

ya, i'm not the biggest Bargnani fan, but looking long term into the next season, if we're not getting Millsap or Jefferson, i don't see any other big spreading the floor consistently for us on the open market.
    I'm pretty sure the city is done with him, and he the city. It's just time to part ways, he's not going to see another minute in a Raptors uniform. Either by amnesty or trade, he's gone. If we could get back a player on a rookie scale for him then that's a pretty good return IMO.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    What I know about Minny is they either want Gasol to pair with Rubio, which would involve Bargnani or a proven SG, which would involve DeRozan.
    Would not trade Derozan for the 9th pick in this years draft.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    S&T Alan Anderson (or whatever deal) for Ridnour. Keep Telfair as 3rd string. Sign Earl Clark as the backup SF full MLE.

iono just some ideas.
    Raptors are looking at players around the #9 pick.

Mohammad is similar to DeRozan in that he's athletic, posts up & can get to the line, except he plays off ball, can space the floor & has the tools to defend.

The biggest difference for a team that might draft a SG is that they want proven players to appease Love/winning.

I'm thinking Raptors could be considering trading the developed DeRozan to Minny for a better fit/potential, rookie scale & a backup PG.

(DeRozan 9mil) for (Ridinour 4mil, #9)

Jonas -3mil / Bargnani 11mil
    Amir -6mil / Acy .850
    Gay -17mil / Fields 6mil
    Mohammad -2mil / Ross 2mil
    Lowry -6mil / Ridinour 4mil / Lucas 1.5mil

Starting = 34mil

Bad contracts

Bargnani 11mil - trade/amnesty
    Klieza 4mil - amnesty
    Fields 6mil

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast