Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

If we were able to keep Boozer and D-Will....

Here's a topic for debate... if somehow we were able to retain D-Will and we over paid to keep Boozer, were would we be today? Better? Worse? about the same?

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    We'd be on the third coach in four years, be completely tired of listening to Boozer scream every time he loses the ball out of bounds, and be bemoaning DWill for a lack of consistency born of his penchent for getting bored and grumpy then turning it on for a few games after the latest All-Star snub.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    nah, we'd be mad at Boozer, or done with him for sneezing and spraining his back.

vCash
    hmm I geuss we would have a lineup of something like dwill-?-hayward-boozer-millsap?. I really don't think we would be all that much better. dwill really hasn't been that good since he left here I think his wrist has really been a problem

vCash
    probably about the same and without the upside we have now so porbably in a worse situation. but who knows sloan may still be the coach lol.

vCash
    Who cares? Don't think we'd be any better. Glad to be rid of both of those douches.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    I wish we still had a healthy Okur. That man was an underrated God here.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Maybe I should have put this in the title, but everyone says that you need a superstar or a pair of super stars to go deep in the playoffs, of course there are exceptions ( Pacers last night, the title team with Detroit ) Right now I see us more like the Detroit team without a main super star but a group of guys that are good but not great, (Jefferson is boarder line ) Its my hope that our core 4 will step up and play at the all star level but I not taking anything for granted. Realistically there was no way to keep Booz and D-Will in Utah and I wish them well on their new teams and look at our bright future.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    I'm starting to think that that Piston's team was just a crazy outlier. Everyone who doesn't have a superstar tries to remake a team similar. But since 2004, who has won a title without a superstar? Or even before 2004. I think people underrate how good that Piston team was, and how lucky they were.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I don't think the late career Dirk was any more of a superstar than prime Ben Wallace on that Pistons team. Being a pure scorer is just flashier than being one of the 2 or 3 best post defenders in the league.

vCash
    I think that pistons team was so underrated. chauncey, rip, and both wallace's were all borderline all star level players and they were such a good defensive team with if I remember correctly a decent bench. Also, don't forget the key that team was rasheed wallace who when he was playing to his potential was a superstar. he didn't do it often, but when he was on he could score from the inside, the outside, and he was an outstanding defender.

vCash
    Sheed was one of my fav players to ever come out from Portland. Mad respect to that guy. And honestly, the Memphis grizzles remind me very much of that Piston team. It's a bit scary

ZBo=Sheed (nice mid range game, banger when needed)
    Marc=Ben (Defensive anchor [Marc by far better offensively])
    Prince=Prince
    Billups=Conley (Underrated, nice tempo good shooter)

And as for Rip and Tony Allen, for the offensive lost in Ben Rip made up for, and the Offense gained in Marc is a bit lost in Tony.

Damn good teams though.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Detroit Piston = Great defense and clutch shooting.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    not any more... but they were great fun to watch in both their hey-days. they're just another underachieving team now. i hope they get back, the league is always more fun when they're competitive.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Yeah, we'd still be stuck in the first round of the playoffs, maybe making it to the 2nd round occasionally (maybe not). Not much of an upgrade from where we're at now. I'm not content with mediocrity.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones