Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gronk does need surgery and it will be next week/UPDATE: Gronk getting his back check

Gronk will indeeed have surgery next week, Dr. Andews will consult

Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT

AP
    The Patriots will be hoping that the fourth time is a charm.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, tight end Rob Gronkowski will have his fourth arm surgery next week. The specific date has not been selected.

Dr. James Andrews, we’re told, will serve as a consultant for the procedure, which will be performed by Dr. Jesse Jupiter.

The development means that doctors have determined that a lingering infection is finally gone. The surgery will entail removal of the plate currently holding Gronkowski’s arm in place, and the replacement of it with a new one.

Gronkowski originally broke the arm during the 2012 regular season. He returned for a divisional-round game against the Texans, and he broke it again.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    "If the infection has cleared -- Gronkowski has been on antibiotics -- no more surgeries likely will be needed. If not, Rapoport reports there almost certainly will be a fifth surgery that would make it unlikely he'd be ready for training camp in July."
    these sorta quotes bother me and my early season expectations are low. the best medical people seem to be on this but a fifth surgery,wow.let's hope the team has time to wait and whenever he is fully healed he comes back to the gronk we all hope to see.

vCash
    Good, the infection is finally gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Good, the infection is finally gone.
    Let's hope it doesn't get infected AGAIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    let's hope it doesn't get infected again
    x2
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    If he has to spend the first 6 weeks of the year on PUP so be it. That probably wouldn't be the worst thing either as it would give the other receivers/TEs more opportunities to get comfortable early and the depth chart there can sort itself out. Then when Gronk comes back you have a better idea of what the WRs can do to compliment him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Just be healthy for the playoffs PLEASE.

vCash
    Reports are his back is getting checked out now. The new WRs better be good and Ballard is hopefully recovered.

What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Reports are his back is getting checked out now. The new WRs better be good and Ballard is hopefully recovered.
    I entered into a mild state of depression for about 2 minutes. Hopped over to ESPN Boston, here's some additional news.

"Rob Gronkowski's back issue considered minor, per source. If he needs surgery it'd be during time frame that he'd be out with arm surgery. ...

"Quote from person close to Gronk: 'He is going to be fine long term. (He is) not worried about the short term, i.e. start of training camp.'"

That makes me feel better.

vCash
    That does make me feel better but at the same time no such thing as minor back surgery IMO. Especially not for a professional athlete.

Trill Team

vCash
    Geeze, this just keeps getting worse. Back issues are a big no no for me.

vCash
    I hate to say this and I'll get a lot of crap thrown my way, but I'm predicting in the next 5-7 years he'll be a bust if he keeps getting injured.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Huge bummer. If he has to get a similar back surgery like he had at Arizona, then he would likely miss all of next season. Hopefully it is a minor issue, and at least it isn't the same exact issue he had at Arizona.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    the back injury was a big draft issue as i recall there was a lot of talk over if he was or was not an injury risk.he certainly proved that it wasn't a risk...for a while ,now he seems a bit brittle. let's hope he has a fantastic second hal of the season and we forget about all this stuff because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I hate to say this and I'll get a lot of crap thrown my way, but I'm predicting in the next 5-7 years he'll be a bust if he keeps getting injured.
    Hamlet was right - 'we defy augury'

Isn't any talented player a bust if they keep getting injured over a 5-7 year period???
    "i responded in accordance to his idiotic jackassery sayings about me.. "

In the immortal words of Youkahhhhhh - Aug/29/2010

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast