Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Five Yankees have made their ML debut this season

Five Yankees have made their ML debut this season. Impressive group last time that happened in the first 40 games.

The Yankees have had five players make their Major League debut this season -- 3B David Adams, RHP Preston Claiborne, INF Corban Joseph, RHP Brett Marshall and LHP Vidal Nuno.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last season in which as many as five Yankees made their Major League debuts within the team’s first 40 games was 1995. That group was: RHP Brian Boehringer, SS Derek Jeter, RHP Jeff Patterson, LHP Andy Pettitte and RHP Mariano Rivera.
    Yankees Lohoud

Hmmmm..Infielder/Relief Pitcher/Lefty starting Pitcher..Hmmmm

vCash
    Most out of necessity, not by choice. But still nice to see them contribute.

Kinda shows you that the gap between a solid contributor and a star isn't that big.

Hence, stats are useless.

vCash
    Young guys rule!

vCash
    I think David Adams will end up being a good player, just wish he wasnt forced to change positions because he was blocked by our one and only superstar thats not retiring at the years end. He could have been a lot more valuable over there.

but anybody that makes us not play gonzalez and nix in the same game is a very welcome addition to the team

.. and i still think we may have struck gold, or at least silver, w/ nuno.. really want to see that kid w/ some more opportunities

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

Kinda shows you that the gap between a solid contributor and a star isn't that big.

the main difference is stars sell the tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Young guys rule!
    Ok but keep it on topic

vCash
    But what happens when Youk ,Teix, Jeter, Cervelli return?

It sounds like you guys like the kids up and that is fine but in reality the team will fail if the starters do not return soon....I want Oct baseball not seeing kids getting stats under their belts...
    Nick

vCash
    Five Yankees have made their ML debut this season. Impressive group last time that happened in the first 40 games.

The Yankees have had five players make their Major League debut this season -- 3B David Adams, RHP Preston Claiborne, INF Corban Joseph, RHP Brett Marshall and LHP Vidal Nuno.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last season in which as many as five Yankees made their Major League debuts within the teamís first 40 games was 1995. That group was: RHP Brian Boehringer, SS Derek Jeter, RHP Jeff Patterson, LHP Andy Pettitte and RHP Mariano Rivera.

The last time was 1995? I love how they are comparing these kids to Jeter, Mo and Andy.....Please, not in this group! There are only 2 that have a shot to make it long term and they are Claiborne and Nuno......Adams is too old now and will be a lifetime back up, Marshall will be a 5th starter or a mopup man somewhere, and Joseph will not make it IMO....Look, I like to see th ekids but even mentioning these in the same breath as Mo, Andy and Jeter is ridiculous....
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the last season in which as many as five Yankees made their Major League debuts within the team’s first 40 games was 1995. That group was: RHP Brian Boehringer, SS Derek Jeter, RHP Jeff Patterson, LHP Andy Pettitte and RHP Mariano Rivera.

The last time was 1995? I love how they are comparing these kids to Jeter, Mo and Andy.....Please, not in this group! There are only 2 that have a shot to make it long term and they are Claiborne and Nuno......Adams is too old now and will be a lifetime back up, Marshall will be a 5th starter or a mopup man somewhere, and Joseph will not make it IMO....Look, I like to see th ekids but even mentioning these in the same breath as Mo, Andy and Jeter is ridiculous....

Who compared them? I must have missed it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash

They weren't comparing anyone to anyone else. Just reciting facts.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .308 HR: NONE! RBI: 10 SB: 4 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    They weren't comparing anyone to anyone else. Just reciting facts.
    Oh, I know, I just thought it was kind of funny they mentioned the Key 3......
    Nick

vCash

Adams is too old for what? He's 26. Do you think he's past his prime already?

vCash
    if 26 is old i must be dead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

Actually, it's huge.

You want to see what that difference is?

Sit Cano and Wells for 5-games and then see how well the Yankees do...

Good to see the kids get some reps in...time to demonstrate that they belong here. Yankees have a lot of openings coming up soon, and I want to see some of our prospects filling them in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    Actually, it's huge.

You want to see what that difference is?

Sit Cano and Wells for 5-games and then see how well the Yankees do...

Good to see the kids get some reps in...time to demonstrate that they belong here. Yankees have a lot of openings coming up soon, and I want to see some of our prospects filling them in.
    You mean the same Wells that was a 25th man last year? Hes a star now?

Funny how that works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast