Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So Who is Our Week 1 Starting QB?

I know whoever wins the job this off-season will start, but I'm wondering who you think will be that guy and who you think should start week 1? Personally, I see Geno winning the starting job and with all his college experience, I believe he is ready to start from day 1 and does not need to sit and learn for half a year or the whole year for that matter.

vCash
    yeah he will win and it wont be close

vCash
    A little to early for this since we havnt even hit training camp yet but I think Geno has a shot to win the thing.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I just thought it would be fun when the season starts to look back and see who chose who and why.

vCash
    Geno Smith is gonna be the starter from Day 1. Are there any veteran guys out there we could bring in to tutor/mentor Geno?

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    One crazy idea would be to bring in a mature Vince Young. He could definitely teach Geno what not to do!

vCash
    Geno will be our week 1 starter

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    Sanchez, let Geno hold a clipboard for a few weeks.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    "@RapSheet: If u thinking I was joking, you don't know McElroy RT @NYJET_Prime: @RapSheet Did you really say McElroy will mentor Geno? Sarcastic tone?"

vCash
    I think Geno, but I'll ask another question... if we can sign or trade for a veteran to "compete" and unload Sanchez like it was reported before Garrard brokedown... Who do we go after and who can you see Sanchez playing for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikefromMars View Post
    I think Geno, but I'll ask another question... if we can sign or trade for a veteran to "compete" and unload Sanchez like it was reported before Garrard brokedown... Who do we go after and who can you see Sanchez playing for?
    Ed Werder from ESPN was asked this very same question and he doesn't know. There really isn't anybody out there we could bring in to help mentor Geno and "unload" Sanchez. As for who Sanchez might play for I don't see him playing for any NFL team I do think however that a CFL team will come calling for him haha

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    In my opinion, McElroy. He is limited, but I can see him doing a job for us. We cant judge him on one bad game with very little practice behind him last season.

Sanchez is just damaged goods. He may have the experience, but he was so bad last season. I just cannot see how he can play for the Jets again after the pathetic showing he offered.

And Geno just isn't ready to start.

Really none of the 3 are at a level they are ready to start right now - which is why losing Garrard is such a disaster. I think we should be looking in free agency for a veteran, short term option who can play the first half of the season at least and maybe Geno can come in as he picks up more experience and more of the offence.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash
    Even though there hasn't been a preseason, TC or even OTAs yet, I go out on a limb and say that MSanchez will surprise most people by his play in the preseason and actually do decent, however Geno Smith proves to be just as good or a little better.

Nod to GSmith, provided he does what he's capable of doing leading up to the start of the season.

vCash
    It would be funny if Sanchez could return to 2010 form honestly. Talk about comebacks; I doubt it though. He has been mentally beaten up so bad. I have never seen anything like the career of Mark Sanchez. What could have been...

Its crazy that 2 seasons ago we beat the likes of Brady and Manning in the playoffs and now we are here. Its surreal IMO. I hope Geno wins, I want to see what he can do. I really don't have a ton of faith in him... we need to find out if he has it or not so we can make a QB decision in next years draft. Not sure if its true but my friend who is a giants fan said that Mayock thinks there are 5 QBs better than Smith in next years draft. I haven't been able to find anything on the subject though.
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 05-16-2013 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Geno Smith please.

TATAR SAUCE

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast