Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders offensive line ranks #30

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-line-rankings

For what it's worth, we are ranked #30... And SD is ranked #32.

I think there is no way we are that bad this year. Am I just a homer? Or is our OLine better than this list shows?

And shouldn't our line coach move us up this list a little...

vCash
    LT and C are set, but we don't know who's gonna man both G spots and RT. With what we have, we could be a top-15 OL. Veld, Nix, Lil Wiz, Berg, and Watson could be okay. But we still have Brisiel, Barron(camp cut imo), Parsons, Smith(another camp cut imo), Barnes, Wetzel and Mady et al, in the mix, too.

vCash
    Yeah. Guess I could be overvaluing our line. Just seems like we had a good OLine when we implemented the PBS last time. And I think Watson should be a good RT, considering his talent level.

The only positions of need are the guard spots. And those are normally not as important are T or C... So we should be solid. Also, with sparano coaching our young players, I think we will have some guys emerge as solid starters.

Gotta think we'd be a little better.

vCash
    I think our line will be much better than #30. That ZB scheme didn't work either time Knapp was our OC. I think going to back to a power scheme alone will help, not to mention we have some young talent to work with now.

Grab some pine MEAT

vCash
    Who gives a f()ck what rotoworld thinks! We're the Oakland Raiders!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    I don't care about a ranking like this right now. They have no idea how Watson performs, or how Bergstrom or Nix have developed at Guard.

That ranking is wide open & could change in a heartbeat.

vCash

yep to early to tell

Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    I don't care about a ranking like this right now. They have no idea how Watson performs, or how Bergstrom or Nix have developed at Guard.

We have to much young talent to tell what will happen there is no way you rank this line yet.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post

My thoughts exactly BB. This ranking means Jack Shyte and Jack just left the building.

vCash
    I think the o line will be solid. I am thinking Veld, Nix, Wiz, Briesel, Berg and Watson will be solid. Not a top 10, but definately not the bottom 10.

That was just a garbage list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    My thoughts exactly BB. This ranking means Jack Shyte and Jack just left the building.
    After Jack left the building, Tony Sparano entered

Again, they're not factoring Sparano in this equation at all. He's a damn good line coach. Will it make Bergstrom, Nix, Barnes, Brisiel, Watson better ? Who knows. Can't rank them now though, that's for sure.

vCash
    Far too soon to be ranked.

vCash
    Eh, I think our O-line is still pretty bad primarily because I am not expecting anything out of Watson this year. I think the X-factor is how well Sparano puts us back into the PBS. I am definitely glad we got rid of that ZBS garbage again.

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

vCash
    I'd be willing to bet our OL will be top 15, if not top 10 with Veldheer going Pro Bowl...

vCash
    Rotoworld isnt ranked in my top 100 of internet sport sights!!!!!! F%#$ them!!!!!!!
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Eh, I think our O-line is still pretty bad primarily because I am not expecting anything out of Watson this year. I think the X-factor is how well Sparano puts us back into the PBS. I am definitely glad we got rid of that ZBS garbage again.
    Tough to even speculate at this point. A lot of factors that are just unknowns right now.

1) Power Scheme
    2) Tony Sparano
    3) Barnes (plays better in power usually)
    4) Development of Watson, Bergstrom, Nix
    5) Health of Mike Brisiel

We could be in the 20's, we could be top 10. Can't even look at it right now. For me, the only givens are the play of Veldheer and Wiz. With Sparano coaching them up, who knows, even they do better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast