Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    1500

    When Does Wally Ball Start?

    I've had enough of Terry ball. This is probably the suckyest Mets team I've seen in decades. You have Harvey and then a bunch of soft tossers who needs to pitch in the old Polo Grounds. They are wasting Wright prime years and then they go out and sign Rick Ankiel. Its like they are trying to lose on purpose. What GM goes to the waiver wire and looks for player with sub .200 batting averages and pitcher who can't get anyone out and are pre injured or coming off an injury. They should try to convert Ankiel back to pitcher. He certainly has a better arm than anyone not named Harvey. Now the bad part is you don't know if the pitch will wind up at the plate or Staten Island.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,720
    vCash
    1500
    If the Mets made a change, Why do you think the Mets will pick Wally over Tim Teufel? I think it's 55/45 in Teufel's favor. Nor do I know why how either one would add meaning full wins to the team. The manager cannot hit for Davis, cannot pitch for Gee, etc. None of the points you make have anything to do with the manager.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    Posts
    1,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    If the Mets made a change, Why do you think the Mets will pick Wally over Tim Teufel? I think it's 55/45 in Teufel's favor. Nor do I know why how either one would add meaning full wins to the team. The manager cannot hit for Davis, cannot pitch for Gee, etc. None of the points you make have anything to do with the manager.
    While I do agree with you, if things don't improve fast, Collins will not survive this.
    They will need to do something to appease the fans short term.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    While I do agree with you, if things don't improve fast, Collins will not survive this.
    They will need to do something to appease the fans short term.
    How will it appease the fans to change the name of the manager, but not the winning percentage? Fans ren't necessarily rational about losing. I don't see SA making irrational decisions.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    vCash
    1500
    all this talk about terry being fired, the one who should be fired is Alderson, he is the one who has no major league talent ready to play the outfield for this team, he is the one who doesnt have any big league talent available for us to call up, not in the outfield, not at 1b not at ss, he has done nothing to improve this team since he took over, we are getting worse, if the Wilpons really want the Mets to succeed they need to fire the entire front office underneath them

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    Posts
    1,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    How will it appease the fans to change the name of the manager, but not the winning percentage? Fans ren't necessarily rational about losing. I don't see SA making irrational decisions.
    It's really not irrational firing Collins, in reality he hasn't done much, I like him, but his record is pretty bad.

    By mid season, when we are so far out, they will want to do something to get fans into the seats.
    You know how us fans are, when things are going bad, we want some kind of change, right or wrong.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Firing Alderson and bringing in a new GM would allow the Wilnotpons and the new GM to begin another rebuilding plan that will start another 4-5 year clock.

    I don't think Alderson will be fired though. I think he already has a deal in place with MLB for a life after the Mets. He's probably on a 4-5 year plan to stabilize the Mets and then move on. Why else would he take such an impossible job.

    Terry is very vulnerable and could be bounced at any time/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,489
    vCash
    1500

    When Does Wally Ball Start?

    This is more on Sandy than Terry, not that am a fan of Terry an many of his managerial moves.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29,153
    vCash
    1500
    This team is pretty bad.

    Guys like Gee, Niese and Davis have sucked beyond sucking.

    I wish Alderson would have traded both Niese and Davis while their stock was high.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500
    I agree, this is more on Sandy! I believe TC is pushing the correct buttons and is currently is pushing knee jerk reaction buttons in panic mode because he doesn't have the quality players. Letting Reyes go probably not our brightest moment.

    You know things are bad when Jason Bay would have been one of our leading hitters in 2013!
    " You seek Yoda!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    874
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is more on Sandy than Terry, not that am a fan of Terry an many of his managerial moves.
    I disagree. When everyone not named Harvey is under-performing, the responsibility falls squarely on the coaching staff. This goes far beyond the day to day managerial moves. It's the coaching staff's job to correct things like pitching and hitting flaws. It's also their job to light a fire under the players' *****. No doubt, they don't have a lot to work with, but the coaches are not getting it done.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,720
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    I disagree. When everyone not named Harvey is under-performing, the responsibility falls squarely on the coaching staff. This goes far beyond the day to day managerial moves. It's the coaching staff's job to correct things like pitching and hitting flaws. It's also their job to light a fire under the players' *****. No doubt, they don't have a lot to work with, but the coaches are not getting it done.
    What does this mean exactly? What behaviors are you suggesting, and what actions from the players would occur that are not happening presently?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,982
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is more on Sandy than Terry, not that am a fan of Terry an many of his managerial moves.
    Both should go, but what to do about a manager should probably be left up to a new GM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    79,489
    vCash
    1500

    When Does Wally Ball Start?

    I don't think Sandy should get fired, but his teams progressively have gotten worst, it did not looked this bad after 2010 when the Mets won 79 games. Then they won 77 in 2011, then 74 last year and this year is they win 70 it will be a miracle.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,157
    vCash
    1500
    Well each year we've disgarded high priced talent that wasn't producing or simply to pricey for us. We then pretend to rely on a minor league system which is probably still 2 years from producing any major position player talent. So should we be surprised at the teams collaspe. We might all be wishful thinkers in believing 70+ wins in 2013.

    With Wheeler's Dr. visit going on, the Mets curse maybe has struck again. Man I sound like a nay sayer!
    " You seek Yoda!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •