Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

McHugh called up and Atchison to DL for elbow?

Scott Atchison may be placed on the disabled list, due to his elbow issues, according to a report on WFAN.

Collin McHugh is in St. Louis to take Atchison’s spot on the roster if he does land on the DL.

McHugh is 3-2 with a 2.74 ERA in eight starts with the 51s. In 49 1/3 innings, he’s let up two home runs, walked nine and struck out 36. He’s posted a 1.257 WHIP so far this year.

McHugh just posted a photo to his Instagram account of his hotel room, which looks out at Busch Stadium. (McHugh has deleted his photo, though you can still see it here.)
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/wfan-sc...h-in-st-louis/

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN 4m
    Collin McHugh has arrived in #Mets clubhouse at Busch Stadium.

vCash
    It's good to see McHugh up, he was pitching well in Vegas and its decent depth in case one of their SP go down.

He should be halfway effective out of the pen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's good to see McHugh up, he was pitching well in Vegas and its decent depth in case one of their SP go down.

He should be halfway effective out of the pen.
    Between McHugh and McMe, I'm not McCited about this.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Such the wordsmith

Neither am i but i'd rather see him over Marcum or Gee if they continue to pitch poorly. Even with our pen, i'll take him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Such the wordsmith

Neither am i but i'd rather see him over Marcum or Gee if they continue to pitch poorly. Even with our pen, i'll take him.
    You make a fair point.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Very cute.

I really hope McHugh is going to replace someone in the rotation. He's been starting, and has a sub-3 ERA in a hitters' park in a hitters' league. Since we don't have anyone pitching well, I would move Marcum or Hefner to the pen right now, and see what the kid can do. Otherwise, why bring up a starter who's pitching well instead of a reliever?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Very cute.

I really hope McHugh is going to replace someone in the rotation. He's been starting, and has a sub-3 ERA in a hitters' park in a hitters' league. Since we don't have anyone pitching well, I would move Marcum or Hefner to the pen right now, and see what the kid can do. Otherwise, why bring up a starter who's pitching well instead of a reliever?

Who is not pitching! Who is I'll break your arm if you say Who's on first! Then why come up here and ask....

vCash
    Who is not pitching! Who is I'll break your arm if you say Who's on first! Then why come up here and ask....
    Take it easy, honey. Remember your blood pressure.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Take it easy, honey. Remember your blood pressure.
    What's the guy's name on first base

What's the guy's name on second base

I'm not asking you who's on second

Who's on first

I don't know

Third base

How did i get on third base?

You mentioned his name......

vCash
    Very cute.

Get Gee out of the rotation. Hefner has been our 2nd best starter and Gee has been beyond horrible, and not even giving innings.

vCash
    I heard he and Hefner are sharing a locker. The sign over the locker says "McHugh Hefner."