Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

OTA's News/Notes/Updates

Figured with OTA's starting up today we can start its own thread for the news/updates and notes of the team since it will mark the first time that all 90 players on the roster the rookies and veterans alike will practice together in Berea.

Dawgs By Nature ‏ @ DawgsByNature 9m
    # Browns OTAs begin on Tuesday, May 14 http://sbn.to/YFQ1QL

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    First day: April 1
    OTAs: May 14-16, May 21-23, May 28-31
    Voluntary minicamp: April 16-18
    Mandatory minicamp: June 4-6
    Rookie minicamp: May 10-12
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...2013-offseason

Dates for Browns.

vCash
    Browns GM Mike Lombardi said Tashaun Gipson remains the starting free safety.
    The Browns used a sixth-round pick on Jamoris Slaughter, but he's coming off a torn Achilles' and isn't real competition. They've also passed on free agents such as Kerry Rhodes, giving Gipson a vote of confidence. He graded out 42nd among 88 qualifying safeties in Pro Football Focus' rankings last season.
    Brandon Weeden opened OTAs as the clear No. 1 quarterback, as expected.
    The new Browns regime inherited Weeden, but they're still going to give him a shot to run with the job. He has the skill set to succeed in Rob Chudzinski's vertical offense, a scheme that once sent Derek Anderson to the Pro Bowl. For now, Jason Campbell is merely quality competition.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    Mike Cairns ‏@MikeCairns5 4m
    OTAs underway here in berea #Browns pic.twitter.com/4LDKJjFzhf
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 2m
    Chud breaking out Eric Mangini's stereo for OTAs #Browns
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 2m
    Injured #Browns on exercise bikes at start of OTA practice: S Slaughter (Achilles), OT Faulk (knee) & WR Roberson (unknown).
    Twitter

vCash
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 20s
    #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam at practice in Berea after speaking at trucking convention in Indy this A.M. Must be nice to have private jet.
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 39s
    Shayne Grahm kicking the OTA fun off literally with some FGs http://instagram.com/p/ZYMQnsmYmU/
    Twitter

vCash
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 1m
    Early impression on double moves and deep balls from Weeden to Little and Gordon in skeleton work - very smooth #Browns
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 1m
    #browns guard Jason pinkston (blood clot last season) participating in drills at OTAs.
    Pinkston coming back healthy could be huge.

vCash
    #browns starting d-line in team drills: rubin left end, Taylor nose,Desmond Bryant right end.
    Joe Haden breaks up Weeden pass intended for Little. #Browns
    Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 5m
    #Browns QB Brandon Weeden first up in 11 on 11 drills.
    twitter
    #browns starting lbs in team drills, Kruger outside left, Jackson and Robertson inside, Sheard right outside..
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 1m
    The #Browns kept saying "aggressive" in the off season. So far the practice is certainly living up to that billing
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 53s
    #Browns 1st-team D: LE Rubin NT Taylor RE D.Bryant LOLB Kruger ILBs Jackson & Robertson ROLB Sheard, CBs Haden & Skrine SS Ward FS Gipson.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 37s
    #Browns rookie CB Leon McFadden not practicing today. Still in school at SD State.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 3m
    #Browns 1st-team O: QB Weeden RB T-Rich WRs Gordon & Little LT Thomas LG Greco C Mack RG Lauvao RT Schwartz TEs Cameron & Davis.
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 3m
    #browns Greco working with first team at left guard, pinkston w/ twos.
    Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 2m
    Almost an hour into practice and I'm having flashbacks to 2007 watching this right now - thats all i can say #Browns
    Last edited by brownies236; 05-16-2013 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    Daryl Ruiter dont wet yourself at OTA's haha. Long way to go bud but sounding good, Thanks for updates 236.

vCash
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 3m
    #Browns ROLB Barkevious Mingo, working with 2nd unit, dropped in coverage & broke up pass from QB Campbell to TE Davis. #NFL
    Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 1m
    Weeden with a nice throw to TE Jordan Cameron in traffic.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 31s
    Correcting earlier tweet: Greco is working at RG. Lauvao is working at LG. Change from last season. Pinkston at LG with 2nd unit.
    Justin Higdon ‏@afc2nfc 2m
    That's fair RT @BrendanLeister: I think the competition should be between Pinkston & Lauvao based on what I saw from Greco in 2012
    Andre Knott ‏@DreKnott 10s
    Not sure what I'm allowed to say but practice has a great pace w a ton of energy. & yes J Haslam is here
    twitter
    Last edited by brownies236; 05-16-2013 at 12:50 PM.

vCash
    49er fan here, just wanted to say that I'm incredibly jealous of your guys' defense. I'll be cheering for you guys along with my 9ers all year! Take that damn division!
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Michael Reghi ‏ @ MichaelReghi1m
    Browns DC Ray Hoton.Animated, forceful, and not tolerant of scheme errors with personnel. Learning quickly a must!
    Fred Greetham ‏ @ FredGreethamOBR 46s
    # Browns WR Davone Bess is wearing No. 18 and gone is the long hair he had with Dolphins
    Tom Withers ‏ @ twithersAP 1m
    Davone Bess catches everything. # Browns
    Couple others I found 236 and I have always thought that Greco was going to start this year with the competition between Pinkston and Lauvoa. That is why they probably are going with Shawn on the Left side because that is Pinktsons natural spot from seasons past. Greco graded out just so much better than Shawn last year and Pinkston graded out right with Greco where if it wasn't for the injury it would easily be Greco and Pink starting IMO.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 05-16-2013 at 01:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    49er fan here, just wanted to say that I'm incredibly jealous of your guys' defense. I'll be cheering for you guys along with my 9ers all year! Take that damn division!
    Thanks bud, I am incredibly jealous of your entire team especially now adding Boldin. Baltimore is really going to miss him and you guys getting him for a 6th is still mind bottling to me. Both our teams are in some pretty tough divisions this year though so it should be interesting. I live in St. Louis and if Bradford gets his shee together I would not sleep on them but then I shouldn't have to tell a Niners fan that after last year.

vCash
    Thanks for the other updates Otto. I was in a meeting. Hate when work gets in the way of following twitter updates of Browns OTAs

vCash
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 10m
    #Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said Buster Skrine has done a good job in the first few days (he was starting opposite Haden today)
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 8m
    #Browns coach Chudzinski said "all that will remain to be seen" when asked directly about Brian Hoyer & if any other QBs will be brought in
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 8m
    #Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said said CB Leon McFadden will be available next week when he is done finishing up school
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 6m
    #Browns coach Chudzinski said the tempo has been pretty good & the players have responded (It was WAY faster & more aggressive than past)
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 4m
    #Browns coach Rob Chudzinski said they like Johnson Bademosi's athleticism & aggression. (He was moved to the FS w the 2nd team today)
    Chud's post practice presser

vCash
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 29s
    #Browns QB Brandon Weeden said today wasnt as good for him as the first two days of OTAs were
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 2m
    #Browns QB Brandon Weeden said he feels way ahead of where he was at this point last year. "This offense makes more sense to start with"
    What a novel concept. Tweaking the offense to match your players talents and not just throwing them out there.
    #browns Weeden on learning the new offensive terminology: "me and my wife have been studying - too much."
    Weeden said he didn't read anything into #Browns not drafting a QB as far as being a vote of confidence or not
    Andre Knott ‏@DreKnott 1m
    B Weeden says that the tempo and route combinations are 2 reasons he thinks he can excel in this yrs… http://instagram.com/p/ZYafYQQ6IY/
    Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 1m
    #Browns QB Weeden said "no doubt about it...theyve taken that next step" not only on the field but in the film room too - On Little & Gordon
    "I want to be the guy; to build off last year; i think we can be a real good football team and i want to be a part of it" - Weeden
    Some quotes from Weeden's presser
    Last edited by brownies236; 05-16-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast