Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Adam Aron out as Head of Basketball Operations??

John Nash just reported on WIP that he is hearing Aron is out as Head of B-ball operations and will be replaced by David Heller

vCash

Adam Aron out as Head of Basketball Operations??

Good, aron was annoying

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I was under the impression he was never in control of basketball operations. He was always there as a marketer/salesman, its just that with hinkie here, we will see less of aaron and hinkie will handle the media.

Just like how the eagles have howie roseman taking care of the football side of things and being more involved with the media, while don smolenski quietly handles the busines end.

Aaron will be in the smolenski role and hinkie will be in the roseman role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86:26220167
    Good, aron was annoying
    Ha, he was annoying. Not a bad guy but he definitely should avoid giving his basketball opinions to the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I'm not sure what the title "Head of Basketball Operations" means... But if he was ever actually in charge of any basketball related decisions, then that's a huge problem and I'm glad that has been corrected.

I'm fine with him staying on as CEO, though. He's much more suited for the family-friendly team spokesperson role, as he's been playing out since he arrived. Even though I find him lame/annoying sometimes, he's a nice/passionate guy, and I couldn't care any less about the stuff he's involved in - ticket giveaways, promotions, etc... I guess the in game atmosphere could use a makeover - but let's prioritize here. Let's just make sure the right basketball minds are in charge of the basketball related decisions.

vCash
    Good. Now he can go back to doing what he does...best? Ordering confetti for undeserving occasions and coming up with "cool" ideas like the 87ers.

Philadelphia 76ers

"All the time us."

Thanks to JDink24 on the sig

vCash
    Great news.

What could possibly go wrong.

vCash
    Via ESPN - Aron's role with Sixers unchanged

Apparently there has been some confusion regarding the status of Philadelphia 76ers CEO Adam Aron with the hiring of Sam Hinkie as the new president of basketball operations and general manager.

According to Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News, Aron didn't have any say in basketball decisions last season and that will remain that way with Hinkie in charge. Aron's role is to handle things on the business side of the organization and that is his job moving forward.

As for as basketball operations, Hinkie has lot on his plate as he needs to hire a head coach and prepare for the 2013 NBA draft.

On the head coach front, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Sixers have asked Houston for permission to speak with assistant coach Kelvin Sampson. He has already interviewed with Charlotte and Milwaukee. Hinkie is also expected to meet with Utah assistant coach Jeff Hornacek.
    Makes sense. And it's a relief that Aron never actually had any say on the basketball decisions within the organization.

vCash
    It will also be a relief for me if I hear from him less often. He's like Bill Giles but without common sense.

vCash
    Haha. Well in reality he's the CEO of an NBA team, extremely wealthy, and probably a more successful businessman than anyone who most of us will ever meet.

I'd say he has a least a little bit of common sense to get this far haha.

vCash
    Yeah I knew they couldn't have possibly let him actually have a say in on-court basketball decisions. Let him continue being the CEO and tweet stuff every season.