Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Titus Young's father "Son has a brain disorder"

Well I knew he wasn't this much of a **** up.

I really like Titus and hope he turns it around.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...451/1126/rss14

vCash
    Titus Young was in good spirits Friday morning.

His father, Richard, said he took Titus out for coffee, and Titus was laughing and looked happy.

But later that day, when Young told his parents he was going to his car to grab his phone, the former Lions wide receiver drove off instead.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2TE6QIoRq
    Damn I hope he gets help.

vCash
    Richard Young said his son suffers from a disorder caused by his brain being compressed into the front of his skull, but he couldn't remember the disorder's name Monday. The father said his son's disposition changed after he suffered a concussion during his rookie season, although the Lions never listed that as an injury.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2TE6faTwl
    Wow. Well now I see why he wasn't a headache through his 1st season.

vCash
    I had a feeling there was something wrong with him
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    I had a feeling there was something wrong with him
    So did i hope he gets help.

vCash
    He needs help should talk to B Marsh.

vCash
    Marshall reached out to him I think. Hope the guy can turn it around before it's too late.

vCash
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

You guys should read up on this guy, pretty interesting effects on injuries to the brain. Plus, he has a cool name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

You guys should read up on this guy, pretty interesting effects on injuries to the brain. Plus, he has a cool name.
    Are you saying that he is the way that he is now due to the repeated blows to the head he has received since he started playing football?

That raises a few questions: Was he always like this? When did he start acting this way and when did he start playing football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Are you saying that he is the way that he is now due to the repeated blows to the head he has received since he started playing football?

That raises a few questions: Was he always like this? When did he start acting this way and when did he start playing football?

Not sure I've read lots of conflicting reports on Young. For instance, he has always been in trouble since his younger days. However, it's hard to determine when exactly he got a concussion. Likewise, the long term effects on concussions and their effects on the brain are still in the works and more research is needed.

I just wouldn't dismiss that he could have some sort of personality disorder due to a brain injury.

You would think that as humans that we have come a long way in terms of modern medicine but in reality we understand so less. The brain is one of the most important human structures yet our knowledge on it is not up to par. Just like we look back and cringe at medicine that took place 100 years ago, I imagine people 100 years in the future will look back at the medicine we practice and cringe as well.

vCash
    Cmon now.. His dads trying to save grace, He didnt take his pills so he went on a kookoo spree breaking into houses and beating cops.. Right....

vCash
    Jhavid Best should be out killing people with a katana then..

vCash
    i actually kinda just hope he goes to jail

vCash
    My question is, what excuse does he have for his actions at Boise state???

the kid is just an idiot.

i have a hard time feeling sympathy for players who show no gratitude for getting paid to play a game for a living.

vCash
    Seriously this whole "mental instability" ******** needs to end. Some one shoots up a school and they are pardoned because of it, or some one does stupid **** like this and claims mental instability. It is complete BS. His dad is using this as a cop out. Here is a great way for your son to learn to stop being a thug: suffer the consequences. Typical pussification of America, I am sick of it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast