Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Entire Gruden QB Camp Video - Tyler Wilson

http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/20...ilson-qb-camp/

Gotta like this kids attitude, toughness, makeup, the intangibles.

Who know's, Reggie just might of found our future for the next 15 years.

vCash
    A couple more Wilson tidbits from Gruden & Chris Weinke...

Gruden:

"I like Tyler Wilson because he's tough, number one. I saw him as an All-SEC quarterback two years ago playing for (Bobby) Petrino. And Petrino, I think is one of the more respected X-and-O football quarterback men in the business," Gruden said. "I saw Tyler play extremely well taking Arkansas to a Cotton Bowl. I think losing Coach Petrino the way they lost him, losing his offensive coordinator, losing three very good receivers and having the injury early in the season against (Louisiana) Monroe derailed Tyler Wilson. I credit him for trying to hold the Razorbacks together and a lot of adversity. This was not his best campaign, no question about it. But he's tough. He has some functional mobility in the pocket. He's sharp, and I think he's got some real leadership traits that are going to work for him at the next level. He's going to help somebody. He needs to get with the right coach and the right system, no question."

Weinke:

"The things I look for are: Is the guy consistent? Can he be coached? Does he want to be successful?," Weinke said as he sat in his office on Tuesday, one of the last days he will spend with Wilson before the quarterback goes back to Arkansas for his pro day March 15 and then the endless line of interviews with NFL teams. "He's got all three."

Weinke also notes the chip Wilson carries on his shoulder and his toughness. This goes right along what Cardinals head coach looks for in a QB -- the two muscles you can't measure -- the mind and the heart.

vCash
    Not tired of Wilson yet ? How about some more ?

After his junior year, good ol SI.com had him #1 OVERALL in their look at mocking the 2013 draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...aft/index.html

USA Today, Mel Kiper, & Terry Shea (QB guru) can't figure out why there was no love for Wilson leading up to the 2013 draft (4/5/13)...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-shea/2056841/

Veteran ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper, Jr. calls former Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson "the forgotten man in this quarterback class."

Quarterback guru Terry Shea, a former NFL assistant who worked with Robert Griffin III before last year's draft, can't understand why Wilson is getting overlooked, eiher.

But if Shea was calling shots for a team selecting in the first round of the draft, he'd pull the trigger on the rifle-armed Razorback rather than more highly ranked Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or read-option fit E.J. Manuel.

"I would take Tyler Wilson first in this class," Shea tells USA TODAY Sports. "I'm very strong on Tyler Wilson. Everything adds up to an A-plus.

"I know Geno Smith's name is way up there. ... (But) it baffles me a little bit as to where Tyler's is. I don't know what is going on in terms of teams not recognizing, 'God, Tyler Wilson is a first-round draft pick.' "

That is an impressive stamp of approval given Shea is a Bill Walsh disciple who has also tutored Matt Stafford and Josh Freeman. Shea worked alongside fellow quarterback guru Chris Weinke while trying to hone Wilson's mechanics and breaking down film afterward for three months, much of the time spent alongside Smith and Barkley at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

So why are the Buffalo Bills the lone team to schedule a visit (April 12) with Wilson?

"It's pretty dry right now as far as what I'm hearing," Wilson said Thursday from Fayetteville, Ark. "I feel like I'm a very good football player. ... Hopefully someone assesses me to be an early pick. That can be Round 1 or Round 2.

"Obviously, as a player who's very competitive, you want to go as high as you possibly can. ... I want to be really successful. And I'm going to do what it takes to get there."

Wilson (6-2, 220 pounds) has already survived a tougher ordeal than waiting on NFL teams to call. Last season at Arkansas was a 4-8 train wreck. It began with the offseason firing of coach Bobby Petrino following the motorcycle/girlfriend scandal. Then Wilson's offensive coordinator, Garrett McGee, was hired as Alabama-Birmingham coach. That compounded the departure of Wilson's three top receivers in the 2012 draft, players who helped him to a 24-touchdown, six-interception season in 2011, an effort that had Wilson mulling early entry to the 2012 draft himself.

Through it all, he hung tough and kept firing. Wilson suffered a concussion in an overtime loss to Louisiana-Monroe, then had to watch as the Razorbacks melted down after he put them up big in the first half.

"Tyler is football tough," Shea said. "He took some hellacious hits last year, kept getting up and he never quit.

"But he won't use that adversity as an excuse."

Wilson showcased his improved footwork while connecting on 59 of 63 passes at his March 15 pro day, which was scripted by Shea.

"Robert Griffin III was very special when I worked with him last year, but this guy's RPMs are about as good as it gets in terms of how he can really drive the ball," Shea said. "He's not 4.5 in the 40 ... (but) he has fluid feet and is athletic enough.

"(And) he's got a really sharp quarterback IQ."

It comes as no surprise that Wilson carries a chip on his shoulder. But he has no regrets about his decision to stay in school.

"We came off the high where we were No. 5 in the country, and it seemed like the stars were aligned for us to be successful," he says. "I wanted to see what it would be like to enter the draft a year early. ... I had that conversation with our staff. 'Hey, we're going to be here,' coach Petrino said. ... (So) I bought in.

"Obviously, a number of things went down after that. ... But there was never a point where I felt sorry for myself."

It's just the opposite. Wilson considers the adversity a blessing.

"The bottom line in my wanting to come back: I wanted to be prepared to be the best player I could in the NFL," he said. "There were a lot of things I hadn't seen, wouldn't have experienced had I not been in that situation."

He laughs off a knock that his 8-inch hands are less than the NFL ideal of 9 inches or bigger.

"What amazes me — are we playing a different game than what we played my entire life?" he wonders. "If anything, the adjustment to an NFL football, I'm better off because the NFL ball spins so much better."

And having seen the competition up close, Wilson thinks he stacks up competitively.

"I threw with Geno and Matt at IMG," he says. "And that competitive side of me came out. I could see how I matched up against them. ... It fueled me to work hard and go every day.

"I've always been very, very competitive. And I think I have a natural ability to throw the football."

If only 32 teams could view those three months of competition before deciding his fate.

"Being at IMG, I wish teams would just say, 'Hey, go evaluate and pick your guy based on three months worth of evaluation on the field, in the weight room and all that other stuff and see where you match up," Wilson said.

"If you do that, then, I'm right where I need to be."

In the meantime, he'll hang tough, awaiting the chance to show a team he's as good as Shea says

vCash
    Gruden did a nice job!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Gruden did a nice job!
    Man I wish he was still our coach he could make Wilson great.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    So funny how one thing or another can affect a QB dropping rounds like that. One year they are 1st rounders, te next they drop like wild flies. Obviously, time will tell. I think we got a good pick and it makes sense why they took him.

Honestly, other then WR and DL...I really like the depth and competition we have this year. They might not all be super stars, but we got a bunch of guys like this with chips on their shoulder.