Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Knicks' Tyson Chandler named to NBA's 1st Team All-Defense

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2..._named_to.html

Knicks' center Tyson Chandler was named to the NBA's All-Defensive First Team, along with the Miami Heat's LeBron James, the Memphis Grizzlies' Tony Allen, the Los Angeles Clippers' Chris Paul, the Oklahoma City Thunder's Serge Ibaka, and the Chicago Buls' Joakim Noah.

Chandler, who won the 2011-12 Defensive Player of the Year award but finished on the NBA's 2nd Team All-Defensive team last season, saw his fortunes flipped this year by losing out on this season's NBA Defensive Player of the Year award, but still being named to this year's 1st Team.

Marc Gasol of the Memphis Grizzlies duplicated Chandler's feat this season by being named the 2012-13 Defensive Player of the Year, yet finishing on the NBA's 2nd Team All-Defensive list.

Chandler and Noah each received 24 points and shared the first-team center spot.

The media votes for Defensive Player of the Year, while the coaches decide the All-Defensive teams.

The All-Defensive Second-Team was led by the San Antonio Spurs' Tim Duncan, the Indiana Pacers' Paul George, the Boston Celtics' Avery Bradley, and Gasol and his teammate Mike Conley.

vCash
    got my popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    could the timing be worse lol

vCash
    Im a Knicks fan but Chandler making ALL D 1st team is a crock of shyt. Fucc Chandler, Im on it like that right now. Martin is a superior Defender to Chandler whether it is big man defense, intimidating/blocking shots or switching off to defend forwards and guards.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    i think this could be a blessing, maybe this will wake him up and get him back to the dominate defensive chandler we grown to love

I swear everysince marc gasol won DPOY he's been a beast this playoffs

hopefully this awakes chandler

vCash
    he doesnt deserve it.

vCash
    Who votes for this. Is there some magical thing he does defensively that I'm not seeing? He doesn't contest shots, commits stupid fouls then proceeds to complain to the refs, and honestly misses rotations quite frequently. Tyson is probably the 3rd best defender on this team behind Shump and Kenyon. How the hell does the DPOY make All-NBA second team 2 years in a row?

vCash
    The irony

vCash
    Congrats Tyson

Glad he's finally getting recognized for 2012 ;-)

vCash
    We should use this as trade leverage.

vCash
    I like Tyson a lot more before the DPOY, Gold Medal, All Star nod. He doesn't play hungry anymore.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Chandler has NOT been a first team defender this year. Just hasn't.

vCash
    In fact, Shumpert has played better D this past 2 moths than Chandler has had all season.

vCash
    TOLD YOU ALL

The nba still thinks he is good, i have no idea why.

the NBA underrates all of our players but Tyson? they treat him like a god. TRADE HIM!!

They think he is the reason we are good, it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I like Tyson a lot more before the DPOY, Gold Medal, All Star nod. He doesn't play hungry anymore.
    Agree 100%
    Future Ace

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast