Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Are the Bulls now perceived as a DIRTY team?

I'm reading and hearing comments from various people/media who are essentially portraying the Bulls as a "90's Piston's" team. I completely disagree, and I think most Bulls fans will or unbiased viewers can separate dirty vs. physical. Thoughts?

vCash
    Yep, that's pretty much how we are perceived now. People don't seem to realize that with so many players banged up, we have limited talent and thus need an edge somewhere. It's part of what we need to do to win, but we just don't have enough players at this point. It's a shame.

vCash
    Nope. Only in Miami Heat fans and players eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Nope. Only in Miami Heat fans and players eyes.
    There are others that think the same way. It isn't just Miami.

vCash
    I think most of the media who is throwing that idea in the discussion is just trying to be devil's advocate (or miami's advocate). Most analyst (shaq,ernie, kenny, chuck, stephen A, skip) believe the bulls are playing tough, hard, defensive basketball against a juggernaut overmatched team. To make it interesting (and with comments by queen james) the media has to bring up that scenario. Same happened with denver and gstate for a while. People say the same thing about indiana its just that we are such a depleted team and yet we are still competing so hard against the champs (it has to be something unfair).

vCash
    I dare reporters to ask zbo about the heat-bulls series. He would shrug and say they played tougher against blake and the clips

vCash
    This is mostly for the Miami series. Bulls don't play this physical vs most teams. They may get physical, but it goes up a notch Vs this team.

And for what it's worth, Miami did it too in game 2. They was a pretty dirty played game.

vCash
    If they think we are dirty... I can't wait to see what the Pacers do to them. I think now the league is seeing how to get under their skin and more teams are gonna start using it. Are we dirty? Idk, I think we are more fed up with the lack of calls our way than anything else.

vCash
    If Miami would stop flopping around, it wouldn't look so dirty.

vCash
    I don't think any sensible analyst or fan would call Chicago dirty, in fact I think if they have been watching the series, most would say most of the snappiness/anything that could be considered dirty is actually stupid plays/fouls/whatever.

Regardless, that image practically disappears when Rose returns and the Bulls are seen as a reactionary team protecting their undersized superstar player again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    If they think we are dirty... I can't wait to see what the Pacers do to them. I think now the league is seeing how to get under their skin and more teams are gonna start using it. Are we dirty? Idk, I think we are more fed up with the lack of calls our way than anything else.
    Agreed!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I really dont think so, its not like we intensionaly foul people, I think lebron is just a ***** and has no idea how to play a hard nose game in the nba. remember the Pacer series a few years back when every time rose went to the hoop they just fouled him hard, now thats dirty, I dont understand 1 thing we have done to make us be perceived as a dirty team,

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I really dont think so, its not like we intensionaly foul people, I think lebron is just a ***** and has no idea how to play a hard nose game in the nba. remember the Pacer series a few years back when every time rose went to the hoop they just fouled him hard, now thats dirty, I dont understand 1 thing we have done to make us be perceived as a dirty team,
    It goes back to the comments Lebron made when we broke the streak.

vCash
    I think everyone outside of Miami would love to see a team knock the Heat on their *****

vCash
    I think there's a clear distinction between dirty and physical. When I think dirty, I think of Garnett, Posey, Foster, etc. No one on the Bulls fits that category. Whoever claims the Bulls are a dirty team is an idiot, simple as that.