Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Monterey Park, CA
    Posts
    360
    vCash
    1500

    Lamarr Houston DT ?

    Lamarr Houston posted this on his Twitter Account should we read into it?

    As you can see he calls himself a Defensive Tackle...

    lamarr houston ‏@solo_dolo_9s 22m

    Posting some new #grunts with the @GridironGrunts app. Check out today's grunt at http://nflg.us/g.php?id=12462


    http://www.gridirongrunts.com/landing/g.php?id=12462

    If I may speculate maybe this why we did not draft a Defensive Tackle...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,092
    vCash
    1500
    Ya think?

    He was a DT in college, and is built like one. It's where he should be played really.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    vCash
    1500
    I dont think so.
    It should have happened two years ago...moving him now is a little foolish, we have horrible depth @ DE.
    RM went out and signed two DT and drafted another, NOW he figures out houstons a DT?
    If this was in the plans then a DE would have def. been a bigger need then CB...then again..RM has been about as effective as a squirt gun in a shower so It wouldnt surprise me to see this long over due and now completely inappropriate for our personel, move finally take place.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Monterey Park, CA
    Posts
    360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Ya think?

    He was a DT in college, and is built like one. It's where he should be played really.
    I don't think, I just go by the facts and never before has anyone involved with the Raiders pegged him as a DT and now all of a sudden he identifies himself as a Defensive Tackle...

    I don't rely on my opinion of where he should play as you did on your reply, if you have any solid input please add it if you don't just read and move on...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1MMREAPER View Post
    I don't think, I just go by the facts and never before has anyone involved with the Raiders pegged him as a DT and now all of a sudden he identifies himself as a Defensive Tackle...

    I don't rely on my opinion of where he should play as you did on your reply, if you have any solid input please add it if you don't just read and move on...
    Wasn't trying to be a dick bro

    DA said in the offseason he would play him at DT given we lost three... Myself and plenty of others on this board have spoke about him being played out of position. It makes sense to move him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,229
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know why this is a thread. Everyone knows he is a defensive tackle and has been playing out of position.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I dont think so.
    It should have happened two years ago...moving him now is a little foolish, we have horrible depth @ DE.
    RM went out and signed two DT and drafted another, NOW he figures out houstons a DT?
    If this was in the plans then a DE would have def. been a bigger need then CB...then again..RM has been about as effective as a squirt gun in a shower so It wouldnt surprise me to see this long over due and now completely inappropriate for our personel, move finally take place.
    The reason we didn't play him at DT was because of Seymour and Kelly. Now both gone I can see the move being permanent for Houston. He did move inside sometimes on passing plays.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Delco, PA
    Posts
    410
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    ...he is a defensive tackle and has been playing out of position.
    Agreed 100%. He is a solid DE who has the skill-set to be a better 3 technique defensive tackle (or 3-4 DE).
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/QUAD_CITY_RAIDER_LOGO.png/682px-QUAD_CITY_RAIDER_LOGO.png

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Monterey Park, CA
    Posts
    360
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Wasn't trying to be a dick bro

    DA said in the offseason he would play him at DT given we lost three... Myself and plenty of others on this board have spoke about him being played out of position. It makes sense to move him.
    No problem Fish,

    I was not aware of DA making that statement, why are people still complaining about the Defensive Tackle position moving Houston to his natural position strengthens the Defensive Line more than we could have in Free Agency or Draft...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,184
    vCash
    1500
    **** you for getting me so damn excited! Lol I thought you ha solid prof but no in a serious note nice detective work. If he does in fact get moved to DT he will rocket himself to top 5 by seasons end. His most brilliant games came when he was constantly rotated into DT his first and second year before becoming more so cemented into the DE spot.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,129
    vCash
    1500
    I think its important to realize that players will play the position where they perform best at. We dont have depth nor probowlers at any positions, it would be a disservice to the team to not allow players the best possible scenario to perform.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Wasn't trying to be a dick bro

    DA said in the offseason he would play him at DT given we lost three... Myself and plenty of others on this board have spoke about him being played out of position. It makes sense to move him.
    What!!! you have to be kidding Fish . See this is the kind of madness that will make your theory about our up ,and coming season come to pass.Houston is not a DT i don't care what he played in college in this league he's a DE period . Allen has got to catch up with R.M. when it comes to common since . Me ,and you have been going back ,and forth on what we believe this season will turn out to be ,and I'm telling you the strength of your argument is not the numbers,or the lack of experience on the team . It is Allen ,and his development as a leader imo he has the biggest question mark over his head then any other issue the Raiders have ,and if he dose not level up his skills soon every reason you gave for 2013 being an average season will come true .


    Feel the wrath of the darkside.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Straight out da E 559
    Posts
    2,085
    vCash
    1500
    Houstons skills are better suited at DT, in my opinion. His strength, speed, and his ability to create leverage makes him a nightmare for Guards and centers. Then he can kick out and play DE on short yardage plays. But the fact that he is that versatile is what is so impressive and I hope they take full advantage of it this year


    My girl. Don't look at her.

    STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    vCash
    1500
    But then why did we not address a HUGE need @ DE in the first round?You think carter,and Hunter are both three down starters?
    I dont.
    I would much rather have datone Jones then hayden....That is a complete no brainer to me bro...and I would rather have had Jonathan Franklin then anyone else we drafted except watkins...
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,480
    vCash
    1500
    Re: Houston a couple of us have been saying that since he was drafted...most have not, but whatever...
    he played DT nearly exclusively @ Texas, so when they put him @ DE it didnt make much sense to me...Seymores best production for us came @ DE his forst year here so there was no real reason to play him outside.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •